PDA

View Full Version : MAY 12 gala Signature Manhattan Event ...

Ahneida Ride
05-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Please join us this Thursday, May 12th 2011 from 6 to 9pm in our Manhattan studio for a Shimano Di2 Demonstration with Q & A, hosted by Signature Cycles and Shimano. We have space remaining for a handful of guests and wanted to be sure no one missed our previous announcements or wrote them off as a late April Fools joke.

A FREE Di2 component group will be raffled off at the end of the evening, as well as raffles for Shimano cycling shoes and Dura Ace 7900 pedals.

Wine and cheese will be served.

This event is RSVP only.
Please reply to Paul Levine: signaturecycles@gmail.com

Signature Cycles
80 West End Ave, 2nd Floor
(Entrance at 250 West 64th St.)
(212) 706-0025

www.signaturecycles.com

slowandsteady
05-10-2011, 10:10 PM
I should be there...anyone else?

Bob Ross
05-12-2011, 04:04 PM
ya mo be there

(up and over)

Pete Serotta
05-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Any feedback available or picture?

Bob Ross
05-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Any feedback available or picture?

No pics, sorry. It was more of a soiree than a demonstration; there were a couple of Shimano employees & the Signature staff available to answer questions, offer insight, give individual demos, but no scripted program per se...which was fine.

There were four Di2-equipped bikes set up on trainers for us to ride, and another four or six on display. Mostly Serottas, also some Parlees and Sevens. (Bob Parlee was also in attendance.)

From a conceptual point of view, my opinion of Di2 has only improved...not that it was ever anything other than pure lust before, but now I feel like I have some real data points to justify my lust! It is pure badass, and if I ever trip over a sack full of unmarked Benjamins I'll have a Di2-equipped bike in no time.

The one odd thing about it however was I found the position of the "large lever" [sic] unusual and nearly impossible to find repeatedly/reliably. I'm sure after riding the bike for a day or two that would become a non-issue, but for the 5 or 10 minutes that I rode that gorgeous Parlee Z3 I kept missing the big button...it just didn't lie where my fingers expected to find it based on where the small button was located. Weird.

rnhood
05-15-2011, 02:01 PM
The one odd thing about it however was I found the position of the "large lever" [sic] unusual and nearly impossible to find repeatedly/reliably. I'm sure after riding the bike for a day or two that would become a non-issue, but for the 5 or 10 minutes that I rode that gorgeous Parlee Z3 I kept missing the big button...it just didn't lie where my fingers expected to find it based on where the small button was located. Weird.

This is the only complaint that I've heard from a riding partner who has been riding DI2 now for two years. Yes, you do get used to it but it certainly would not have hurt to make the button a little more distinct and intuitively easy to locate. Perhaps the next generation of DI2 will address this. Otherwise, all I hear from him is accolades. It appears to be a really good group. Wish it was a little less money.