PDA

View Full Version : David Millar

Bob Loblaw
05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
From what I've been reading, Maglio Rosa DM is showing a tremendous amount of class and respect for the traditions of cycling, the Giro, and the memory of Wouter Weylandt. The circumstances are terribly tragic, but he's really shown leadership and character. With all the doping going on right now, proven and suspected, to me this is clearly a guy who's made the most of his second chance.

BL

Elefantino
05-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Many people could do much less while wearing the maglia rosa. Few could do more.

Aside from his incredibly foul mouth — and we are talking making-a-drunken-sailor-blush mouth — Millar is a class guy and it's nice to see him as a patron.

GuyGadois
05-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Aside from his incredibly foul mouth — and we are talking making-a-drunken-sailor-blush mouth.

That's not a foul mouth, that's just his Scottish accent.

FlashUNC
05-10-2011, 11:54 AM
He's certainly come a long way from the guy chucking his bike into the ditch after having a mechanical.

I think everyone all around has handled this situation with class and dignity.

Its reassuring to me that the highest levels of the sport can have this sort of compassion and esprit de corps after a horrible death like this. I think its a rarity to see this kind of perspective in pro sports anymore.

climbgdh
05-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Its reassuring to me that the highest levels of the sport can have this sort of compassion and esprit de corps after a horrible death like this. I think its a rarity to see this kind of perspective in pro sports anymore.

+1000. I've always liked Millar (minus the doping). It's good to see him come full circle & for him & all the peleton to be acting with such class in the face of this tradegy.

Dave B
05-10-2011, 12:50 PM
He's certainly come a long way from the guy chucking his bike into the ditch after having a mechanical.

I think everyone all around has handled this situation with class and dignity.

Agreed!

Shame it had to be shown in such a tragic situation. I would love to see class for class sake. However, in this situation the humblessness of all players involved to make good decisions w/o argument.