scooter01
06-13-2005, 03:42 PM
For me:
Meeting so many from the Forum
Watching Bradford braize a frame
Justin decalling my bike
Ben signing my frame
Riding with Davis Phinny
meeting all the Serotta employees: Alexis, Brian, James, Steve, Justin, Jared, Ben, I can't remember everyone Oh yeah, and I rode an Ottrott (Me: :) ) wife :no:

lows, blew a rear tire, got dropped by the group, got lost, and rode 22 miles by myself
In all it was Priceless
What a Great, Great weekend!

Smiley
06-13-2005, 04:11 PM
For me , the little time I could detach myself from my dog was riding with the group on Saturday . I guess that's why we all ride so much cause once we are on a bike we think of no other thing .

Climb01742
06-13-2005, 04:15 PM
smiley, saturday's ride, the part i rode with you, was a highlight for me. imagine if we knew where we were going! :rolleyes:

BumbleBeeDave
06-13-2005, 04:45 PM
. . . had to be Ben and Ron Kiefel serving as waiters Friday night at the Phinney dinner. Now THAT was a surreal experience . . . something you talk with your therapist about . . .

"Doc, I had a really strange dream last night. I was in this real fancy resturant, see, and eating all these ginchy foods, and BEN SEROTTA was my WAITER! And not only that, Doc, but here's the REALLY strange part--he makes the worlds GREATEST bikes, but he's the world's WORST waiter! What does it all mean, Doc? :eek:

Second to that would have to be riding along talking with Ron Kiefel on Sunday's ride, and following him up a couple of hills. I'm riding along telling myself, "Oh. My. God. . . . I can't believe I'm doing this!" But I can see why he made a good leadout man. The guy is HUGE! It's like drafting on as FedEx truck! :rolleyes:

BBDave

cycleman_21
06-13-2005, 05:36 PM
For me:
Meeting so many from the Forum

!

I saw that too, that was definately fun, but the best part was 2 minutes later watching them HACKsaw off part of the frame :eek: :) . I picked the wrong ride, but still had a good one in spite of my lack of fitness, hey I did over 76 miles and saw the Sarratoga monument (up close and center) nice scenery around there, would love to see it on a clear day. Funny part of my day was, I was sitting and enjoying my food plate and Ben and his wife sit down across from me and I have no idea who they are for about 5 minutes, I tell him that and as he chuckles he says, that's allright, sometimes I don't know who I am either :) . But the highlight for me was the stories Davis and Ron told, absolutely worth the trip just for that. It was all good and thanks to the whole crew for putting on a great Open House.
Hope too see you all again :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ron C

Bradford
06-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Justin decalling my bike

Brazing was the highlight for me, without a doubt. :banana: Brian Smith is a great guy. I was able to get to know him during the Friday ride and that night at the parting glass.

Justin took care of me as well, yet another in the long line of cool people at Serotta. I've seen many people write about buying bikes from Serotta because of the company and now I believe it too. These are super cool, super friendly people and I want them to make all my bikes. Thanks for everything guys! :banana:

William
06-14-2005, 12:12 PM
....in the springs behind the factory.

William. ;) :D