PDA

View Full Version : Integrated headsets...

krhea
05-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Any forum members using an integrated headset that they really like or would recommend.
I'm a Chris King devotee but have two frames that require integrated units and I don't have the knowledge to make an informed decision on what to purchase. I've read about the Cane Creek units, the Token, FSA and I know Ritchey makes one I believe as well as Campy but I'm stuck on what is the choice to make.
Anyone make an integrated unit that has the customer loyalty of a Chris King?

Any thoughts and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it's the last piece of the puzzle for my new Parlee build and I'm dying to purchase something.

Thanks
KRhea

bumknees
05-08-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't think you'd be able to freely pick a Cane Creek or Campy integrated headset -- don't they use different standards? Also, I believe Parlee's go by the Cane Creek IS standard, which is more common, anyway.

pitcrew
05-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Sorry, I see you have Parlee listed as your frame. Didn't catch that the first time around....

Germany_chris
05-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Chris King makes integrated headsets..called the InSet..

I have Acros..German Chris King

Chris

ultraman6970
05-08-2011, 09:41 PM
If your bike is a road bike and use integrated headset pretty much u are stuck with cc, campy or fsa (and others)

Chris King never made a 100% integrated headset (at least not for mass production), the one mentioned (inset) is basically a semi integrated headset with aluminum cups and stuff.

Good luck.

firerescuefin
05-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Kevin...I am an admitted King-o-phile and the Cane Creek 110 headset is as good as it gets. I use the IS 110 and love it.

Their AER might be cool for your application.

http://canecreek.com/component-headsets?browse=Complete&name=AER

R2D2
05-09-2011, 06:26 AM
I don't think you'd be able to freely pick a Cane Creek or Campy integrated headset -- don't they use different standards? Also, I believe Parlee's go by the Cane Creek IS standard, which is more common, anyway.
Cane Creek makes a number of integrated. One is Italian standard which matches Campaagnolo.
The trouble you have is identifying the one you need for your frame. There a number of variables invovled like beraing contact angle etc.
You study carefully before you buy.