05-07-2011, 06:53 AM
universal sports not in hd

grainy giro coverage :no:

oldpotatoe
05-07-2011, 07:19 AM
universal sports not in hd

grainy giro coverage :no:

Jeeeezzz, LOUIZ!!!!

Not very long ago all we got on the left side of the Atlantic was 30 minutes or so once a week of Giro coverage. How soon they forget!

1centaur
05-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Maybe the Italian coverage is not HD and it's their cameras, not Universal's option.

crownjewelwl
05-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Maybe the Italian coverage is not HD and it's their cameras, not Universal's option.

it's shot 16:9 so def hd...

op - remember life w/o a cell phone?

roguedog
05-07-2011, 09:44 AM
ok.. who are the announcers? one of them sounds like crush (the big turtle) from finding nemo. kinda annoying.

kinda weird to watch cycling (in english) w/o ligget.

btw, mine is via ota and it doesn't look hd either. blurry.

crownjewelwl
05-07-2011, 10:26 AM
ok.. who are the announcers? one of them sounds like crush (the big turtle) from finding nemo. kinda annoying.

kinda weird to watch cycling (in english) w/o ligget.

btw, mine is via ota and it doesn't look hd either. blurry.

the commentary is awful...they dont seem to know enuf history/background of the giro/riders so they fill it in with drivel

Grant McLean
05-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Jeeeezzz, LOUIZ!!!!

Not very long ago all we got on the left side of the Atlantic was 30 minutes or so once a week of Giro coverage. How soon they forget!

I never know what to say when that excuse gets trotted out.
Not very long ago, we didn't have the internet, smart phones,
or iPods. But we do now.

-g

Fixed
05-07-2011, 11:27 AM
i watched on bbc i was glad to see it . opot i remember riding with a lawyer in the late 70's who spoke french he gave me the news everyday about the t.d.f he listened on short wave radio .
cheers

Tim
05-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Why are you watching on TV? It's on the web live and they'll be showing lots of every stage.

oldpotatoe
05-08-2011, 06:49 AM
I never know what to say when that excuse gets trotted out.
Not very long ago, we didn't have the internet, smart phones,
or iPods. But we do now.

-g

What 'excuse'? It's not in HD, oh no!!! How will I stand watching it when it's not in HD???

My point is I'm not going to complain about daily coverage of the finest grand tour of the year NOT being in HD. I'm just happy to be able to see it.

roguedog
05-08-2011, 09:10 AM
OP - yup. agreed. esp via ota for me. gave up cable a while back. may still pay for the online subscription so i can catch up at night.

watching again this morning (yay)