PDA

View Full Version : OT: What are you drinking this weekend- Beer

A1CKot
05-07-2011, 01:02 AM
It was a really, really, long week and I just happened to watch Beer Wars (http://www.hulu.com/watch/235712/beer-wars) on hulu, good watch if you have the time. So the question...

What are you drinking and do you think about who make it?

I'm a big fan of the smaller local brewers and will regularly buy offering from Blue Moon and Sierra Nevada but still pick a 24 of Coors Light when I want to party :beer:.

rice rocket
05-07-2011, 01:25 AM
East End Brewing Pedal Pale Ale of course! :hello:

http://www.eastendbrewing.com/node/916

TimmyB
05-07-2011, 01:25 AM
These last couple of days:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3gJDfDeJSZ4/S5_W_RqZHLI/AAAAAAAAIOk/1TSStVOLv4g/s400/OldChub_6-Pack_3March_2010crop.jpg
http://drinkwiththewench.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Ten-FIDY-with-glass-smaller-300-dpi.jpg

For just having a beer or three I generally stick to micro/smaller breweries based purely on the fact that they generally taste way way way better than say... budweiser. For a party that's more than a small group of close friends where everyone brings their own beer anyways, that's when the coors/bud/pbr is bought.

Beer wars looks like an interesting movie. Will have to check it out :beer:

henry14
05-07-2011, 01:31 AM
These are the usual my friends bring over. Blue Moon, Asahi, Stella Artois and MGD.

biker72
05-07-2011, 05:38 AM
I usually stick with local microbreweries but was temporarily out.
I had some Baltika Porter made in Russia.

rwsaunders
05-07-2011, 05:59 AM

Thanks Rice Rocket....I'm having breakfast while getting ready for a ride and you've turned me onto a new brew. Looks like they support the community too, which means they need our support as well.

indyrider
05-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Drinking Abita Stawberry Lager...Im almost out and so is the distributor :crap:

jwb96
05-07-2011, 06:48 AM
I brew the beer I drink. Mostly. Few exceptions, now and then.

On tap at the Barton household curently:
Rye beer (wife's fav)
Heffeweizen
Saison
Double IPA

Who's coming over?

Jim

jghall
05-07-2011, 06:48 AM
We'll not beer, but being the Derby today/tonight, I'll be drinking Mint Juleps.

clunk
05-07-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm a big fan of the smaller local brewers and will regularly buy offering from Blue Moon and Sierra Nevada but still pick a 24 of Coors Light when I want to party :beer:.

Blue Moon is owned by Coors.

chuckred
05-07-2011, 06:57 AM
At the finish line today. I hope...

These last couple of days:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3gJDfDeJSZ4/S5_W_RqZHLI/AAAAAAAAIOk/1TSStVOLv4g/s400/OldChub_6-Pack_3March_2010crop.jpg
http://drinkwiththewench.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Ten-FIDY-with-glass-smaller-300-dpi.jpg

For just having a beer or three I generally stick to micro/smaller breweries based purely on the fact that they generally taste way way way better than say... budweiser. For a party that's more than a small group of close friends where everyone brings their own beer anyways, that's when the coors/bud/pbr is bought.

Beer wars looks like an interesting movie. Will have to check it out :beer:

Jangles13
05-07-2011, 07:06 AM
I happen to maintain a keg cooler, solely for maintaining a supply of beer from Marshall Wharf Brewing Company (http://www.marshallwharf.com/) that is semi-local and outstanding. I don't want to say it's the best beer I've ever had, but it very well might be. Currently they're quite small, working from a 5 barrel system, soon to add a 7b. They mostly pour in-house, supplying only to a handful of other restaurants. You can buy their beer in growlers (no bottling line) and a few people have arranged for 1/6b kegs. The people that run the place and the adjoining restaurant are very nice - friendly, knowledgeable, and involved.

I'm pouring their Phil Brown Ale, Cornholio Irish Session, and Cant Dog Imperial IPA. I really have very little reason to leave home. :beer:

oldpotatoe
05-07-2011, 07:16 AM

This ought to be in the 'snobbery' thread.

Some of us like basic beer, like Mickeys, Fosters, Peroni, Red Stripe(hooray beer!), Miller in bottles, Oly, etc....Mexican...
I really can't stomach all the over hoppy-ed micro/small/IPA stuff that most fawn over. BUT it's like ride quality, subjective and I don't like the ride of carbon either.

terry
05-07-2011, 07:48 AM
old speckled hen & 10 y/o talisker.

d_man16
05-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Home Brew :hello:

Cinci Jim
05-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Best beer for summer!

gdw
05-07-2011, 11:03 AM
My neighbor is a buyer for a large liquor store and supplies me with the latest samples from the distributors for taking care of his dog during the week. Today he left a Sierra Neveda Glissade Golden Bock, Shiner Redbird Seasonal Beer, and a Zion Canyon Virgin Stout. The Utah brewers have the best labels. http://www.zioncanyonbrewingcompany.com/index_files/VirginStout.htm

A1CKot
05-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Blue Moon is owned by Coors.

That make me sad. Its still good though.

wc1934
05-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I keep going back to Milk Stout, made by Left Hand Brewing Co - Longmont, Colorado

beer_meister
05-07-2011, 12:46 PM
I brew the beer I drink. Mostly. Few exceptions, now and then.

On tap at the Barton household curently:
Rye beer (wife's fav)
Heffeweizen
Saison
Double IPA

Who's coming over?

Jim

I am. PM me the directions please. Make sure to have a lot on hand. I'll be thirsty after making the trek.

rugbysecondrow
05-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeungling. Good cheap beer.

Just finished a tri a few hours ago and I am now into my second beer while relaxing in a lake house...life is good!

bikerboy337
05-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Miller high life is my cheap beer of choice on the weekend

rice rocket
05-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks Rice Rocket....I'm having breakfast while getting ready for a ride and you've turned me onto a new brew. Looks like they support the community too, which means they need our support as well.

East End Brewing is truly a gem of this city.

$10 or so for a growler (4-5 pints-worth), and the beer is amazing. I have a particular liking to the Black Strap Stout, but the pedal ride was today so it was only appropriate to post up that link first. ;)

Also, if you're into microbrew ciders, there's a cider house in Arsenal/Lawrenceville that I started going to as well.

Norm Swift
05-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA or after a looong ride, 90 Minute IPA. And since the price of a six pack has bumped up a bit, I second the vote for Yeungling.

billythekid
05-07-2011, 03:09 PM
+1 on the dogfish head. I tried one of them once and I was good for the night!

Jack Brunk
05-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Same as Mr. Swift Dogfish Head 90 min IPA. Stuff is the bomb!

firerescuefin
05-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Will I get kicked off the forum if I say Michelob Ultra?....just checkin?

.....if so I only drink Double Butted Stainless Winter Wheat Ale :cool:

rice rocket
05-07-2011, 04:25 PM
You enjoy that piss-water, Lance. ;)

rugbysecondrow
05-07-2011, 04:31 PM

That is just a tad gay Geoffe. Were you using it as a tequilla chaser or something less girly? ;)

firerescuefin
05-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Say what you want :no: .....it's not easy living the "Ultra-Life" :cool:

rugbysecondrow
05-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Say what you want :no: .....it's not easy living the "Ultra-Life" :cool:

Good times. :beer:

parris
05-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Saranac Black Forrest.

wooly
05-07-2011, 07:10 PM

That or Deschutes Brewery Black Butte Porter...

GuyGadois
05-07-2011, 07:10 PM
I think I'll take the fixie out and chug one of these when I get back..

http://geekstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/pbr.jpg

Bob Ross
05-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Once again I am knee deep in Stone Brewing's Arrogant Bastard Ale.

Sam in VA
05-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeungling. Good cheap beer.

Just finished a tri a few hours ago and I am now into my second beer while relaxing in a lake house...life is good!

+1
Can't beat Yuengling for the $

soulspinner
05-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Lagers, Sam Adams works 4 me..............Harps lager in a pinch :beer:

sjbraun
05-08-2011, 08:04 AM
I've been all over the place, beerwise this weekend.

Since Thursday, (because the weekend really starts with boys night out on Thursday evening,) I've enjoyed

Lagunitas Pils, Lagunitas Brewery, Petaluma, enjoyed at the Sky Bar in Tucson where happy hour runs until 8pm with $2 beers :hello:
Brother Thelonius, North Coast Brewing, from the fridge while grilling
Hopknot, Four Peaks from Tempe, AZ, a great post ride recovery beverage enjoyed at Mays Counter with a scrambled egg po' boy and hash browns after yesterday's 55 miler;
Trader Joe's Bohemian cheap, drinkable, good while watching the grill;
Duchesse de Bourgogne, Verhaeghe Brewery, found at 1702 in Tucson home of the best selection of taps in the Old Pueblo.
Vertical Epic from Stone Brewery awaits in the fridge for later today.

Lifelover
05-08-2011, 08:16 AM
No beer Just some old school Gangsta drink for me!
http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles2/1503931/article_images/1800Tequila1.jpg

mike p
05-08-2011, 08:28 AM
It dosen't make me sad at all! What's wrong with Coors? Blue Moon spring ale is incredible!

Mike

That make me sad. Its still good though.

junkfood
05-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Flying Dog Old Scratch

Jake

A1CKot
05-08-2011, 05:04 PM
It dosen't make me sad at all! What's wrong with Coors? Blue Moon spring ale is incredible!

Mike

I don't know. Maybe that film messed with my head. It said something like 90% of beer consumed in the US was made by only 3 breweries. I found out that I contribute to that number more than I thought.

But in the end do I really care? I guess not but I think I should.

For those of you who brew your own, how easy or hard is it? I'm still in the dorms on base so I think it would be a little small to try but I'll be able to move within a year or so and could use a new hobby :rolleyes:.

beer_meister
05-08-2011, 06:03 PM
I've been all over the place, beerwise this weekend.

Since Thursday, (because the weekend really starts with boys night out on Thursday evening,) I've enjoyed

Lagunitas Pils, Lagunitas Brewery, Petaluma, enjoyed at the Sky Bar in Tucson where happy hour runs until 8pm with $2 beers :hello:
Brother Thelonius, North Coast Brewing, from the fridge while grilling
Hopknot, Four Peaks from Tempe, AZ, a great post ride recovery beverage enjoyed at Mays Counter with a scrambled egg po' boy and hash browns after yesterday's 55 miler;
Trader Joe's Bohemian cheap, drinkable, good while watching the grill;
Duchesse de Bourgogne, Verhaeghe Brewery, found at 1702 in Tucson home of the best selection of taps in the Old Pueblo.
Vertical Epic from Stone Brewery awaits in the fridge for later today.

I gottah admit, Trader Joe's house brews are pretty good, if yah ask me. I drink 'em regularly. Good stuff.

Frankwurst
05-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Anchor Porter
Stacked Milk stout
New Belgium 1554
Sprechers Bavarian Dark
Sierra Nevada Porter
Sierra Nevada Stout
New Belgium 2 Below
and there are others but I can't date back that far. :beer:

hankchong
05-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Cambridge Brewing Company/Kissmeyer Citra Tripel
Cambridge Brewing Company Rosé de Cambrinus
Smuttynose Old Brown Dog
Smuttynose IPA

Jack Brunk
05-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Just finishing up a Double Hercules IPA by Denver Brewing Company. Very hoppy and smooth even at 10.0%.

mike p
05-08-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't think there's ever been a better time for beer drinkers! Every burg big enough to have there own fire dept. has there own micro brewery, and many of them are very good!

Mike

Matt-H
05-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA
Anchor Liberty Ale
Bell's Special Double Cream Stout

KeithS
05-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Grain Belt Nordeast - used to be brewer in Northeast (commonly pronounced in the working class vernacular "Nordeast") Minneapolis. Now brewed by Schells brewery in New Ulm MN.
Summit EPA just brewed in St. Paul.

goonster
05-08-2011, 09:23 PM
For those of you who brew your own, how easy or hard is it? I'm still in the dorms on base so I think it would be a little small to try but I'll be able to move within a year or so and could use a new hobby.
It's not that hard, and can be done almost anywhere, but I strongly suggest you wait until you can brew on a camp cooker in your own backyard. Splashing hot wort all over an apartment kitchen is no fun.

Read 'The Complete Joy of Homebrewing' by Charlie Papazian.

goonster
05-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Some of us like basic beer, like Mickeys, Fosters, Peroni, Red Stripe(hooray beer!), Miller in bottles, Oly, etc....Mexican...

There is scarcely a week that goes by that I don't pine for fresh Front Range beer.

Drinking Mickey's in Boulder is like riding Shimano Acera in Vicenza, and the Peroni is like having Twinkies flown to Vienna, but, hey, you like what you like! ;)

CaptStash
05-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Just finished the Mother's day dinner out with my wife. I had Manny's Pale ale (a relatively new local brew). Awesome.

CaptStash....

Jeff N.
05-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Stone Ruination IPA is hard to beat. Jeff N.

SlackMan
06-13-2014, 06:22 PM
I have tasted the beer that they serve in heaven. It is "Hoptimum Imperial IPA" by Sierra Nevada. Whole-cone hops. Oh my! Unfortunately, it is 10.4% ABV, so I can't drink it all night like I would love to do.

shovelhd
06-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Gansett. Hi Neighbor.

oldpotatoe
06-13-2014, 07:08 PM
It was a really, really, long week and I just happened to watch Beer Wars (http://www.hulu.com/watch/235712/beer-wars) on hulu, good watch if you have the time. So the question...

What are you drinking and do you think about who make it?

Yer in Kadena...Sapporo, Keiren, good beers

firerescuefin
06-13-2014, 07:36 PM
I've become a big fan of Shiner Bock since moving to Tx.

JAGI410
06-13-2014, 07:37 PM
I fixed a bike and received a 4pk of Lake Erie Monster as payment.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/youngandhungry/files/2010/04/LEMGlass-copy_opt.jpg

Cat3roadracer
06-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Four pages and no mention of PBR. You have no idea what you are missing.

Louis
06-13-2014, 07:58 PM
I haven't been riding enough to be permitted to drink beer.

oldpotatoe
06-13-2014, 08:05 PM

Favorite beer of LA!

donevwil
06-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Always and forever.

texbike
06-13-2014, 11:01 PM

Good stuff! Shiner is brewing a full range of great beers these days. For something even closer to home for you, look for Deep Ellum's stuff. They have a fantastic brown stout among others.

Texbike

ptourkin
06-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Because the cretins on the San Diego thread insist on telling visitors to go to Stone, I present tonight's board at Blind Lady Ale House. There really is more to this town than beer you can buy at Costco (not that they don't make good beer, but you can get it anywhere. Go to the Company Store in South Park for some one-off taps)

Saint Vitus
06-14-2014, 06:39 PM
Hahahahaha hey there's always Bldg. K :p

Vonruden
06-14-2014, 08:10 PM
La Fin Du Monde....always a good time.

shovelhd
06-15-2014, 05:52 AM
Had a nice Victory Prima Pils at a place I've always wanted to take my son to.

dogdriver
06-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Had a "Batch 1000" IPA at the Granite Brewery in Indianapolis Friday night. Brewed by them, only on tap and transportable by growler. Give it a try if you're local. Very nice, balanced flavor, not the "in your face" hoppinesss of many IPA's.

Jeff N.
06-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Stone Ruination IPA. It says on each bottle that it might ruin your taste buds for any lesser brew. They're right. (Going out for a ride first...) Jeff N.

Gblumenstock
06-15-2014, 09:30 AM

:-)

gb

ptourkin
06-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Hahahahaha hey there's always Bldg. K :p

:-) they were here first, though.

alancw3
01-06-2020, 10:22 AM
they opened a Lidl (German grocery chain) store near me and I went there and they had a beer CZECH LAGER. I tried it and I think it is a great value tasting beer. $1.99/16.9 oz bottle. they only sell individual bottles. is it the best beer I have ever drank. probably not. nonetheless a great tasting value beer imho.

CDollarsign
01-06-2020, 10:28 AM
We need a paceline beer trade - looking at you new englanders that can get trillium and tree house.

RKW
01-06-2020, 11:18 AM
and Clown Shoes

kppolich
01-06-2020, 11:44 AM
Tasty
https://mkebrewing.com/beer/o-gii/
https://mkebrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/beer-product-o-gii.jpg

Bentley
01-06-2020, 11:58 AM
Stone Ruination IPA. It says on each bottle that it might ruin your taste buds for any lesser brew. They're right. (Going out for a ride first...) Jeff N.

Love that beer... only a couple I find hoppy enough, this is one of them.....

pdmtong
01-06-2020, 02:40 PM
In about a month I'll be drinking Pliny the Younger on tap at the brewery and then two bottles at home at my leisure

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/07/56/07/18801124/5/920x920.jpg

Nothing is impossible, beer fans: After more than 15 years of brewing the world-famous and sparsely available triple IPA Pliny the Younger, Santa Rosa's Russian River Brewing Company will release it in bottles for the first time in early 2020, from February 7-20.

"We are excited to announce that Pliny the Younger 2020 will include something we have never done before, and said we would likely never do," says a press release from the brewery. "For the first time ever, Pliny the Younger will be available in our signature 510ml bottles during the release at both our Santa Rosa and Windsor breweries!"

Russian River has been brewing Pliny the Younger — an extra-hopped, more boozy triple IPA version of their flagship double IPA Pliny the Elder — since 2005, but it wasn't until 2009 that the beer became a cultural phenomenon.

At the time unbeknownst to brewery owners Natalie and Vinnie Cilurzo, the beer earned the highest rating on Beer Advocate, a large beer rating website, prompting beer fans from all over to queue in line at their Santa Rosa brewpub to get a taste. In the years since, the beer's release has become an annual pastime for Northern California, even prompting Sonoma County to periodically conduct economic impact surveys to measure the financial earnings brought in by the tourism rush.

In 2019, Sonoma County's Economic Development Board found that visitors came to the county from 42 states and 14 countries during the two-week release period, contributing $4.16 million to the local economy.

As in years past, the Younger release event will be carefully orchestrated by the brewery. Upon entering either of Russian River's two locations (after, yes, waiting in line), guests will be given a wristband with three pull tabs, one for each allotted pour of the beer. Here's what's different: In 2020, the wristbands will come with a fourth tab, which guests will need to trade in to buy a maximum two bottles of Younger per person.

The bottles will only be available at the Windsor and Santa Rosa brewery locations, though Russian River will distribute kegs of Younger to its select accounts.

There are, however, two other ways to get your hands on some Pliny the Younger. One is to attend the Younger preview beer dinner, which, unfortunately is already sold out; the other is to book a tour of the Windsor facility during the February 7-20 window.

Per Natalie Cilurzo, "A generous pour of Pliny the Younger will be offered again on our guided tours now booking on the brewery’s website."

P K
01-09-2020, 08:21 PM
Not officially a "beer" but Chimay Grande Reserve for the win.

donevwil
01-09-2020, 08:26 PM
My fav, only two left in the fridge. Brewery went under a couple months ago, I shed a tear.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/549e9eebe4b0f8d712c6f81b/1420319930697-6XZKL925AJZBQGD8H6SE/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kJR_nXJusf1HfYv1TegrLj57gQa3H7 8H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLf rh8O1z4YTzHvnKhyp6Da-NYroOW3ZGjoBKy3azqku80C789l0pmy3nA_zcH46jcY3zQ1h8j nWUCUUFlGqGSrQF_GfWdH_h_lCnC4yxpyIA6ZaAcShQ/image-asset.jpeg?format=500w

AngryScientist
01-09-2020, 08:35 PM
OMG, so good.

https://untappd.akamaized.net/site/beer_logos_hd/beer-1633278_28b20_hd.jpeg

Gummee
01-09-2020, 09:12 PM
Sierra Nevada 40th anniversary

Mmmm tasty

M

old_fat_and_slow
01-10-2020, 10:44 AM
https://www.newbelgium.com/globalassets/beer/voodoo-ranger-imperial/vrimp_2019_globe_btl.png

Not happy about the change in ownership though. Hope new big corporate owners don't screw the pooch.

cash05458
01-10-2020, 01:01 PM
This ought to be in the 'snobbery' thread.

I really can't stomach all the over hoppy-ed micro/small/IPA stuff that most fawn over. BUT it's like ride quality, subjective and I don't like the ride of carbon either.

agree...the hoppy stuff has gotten crazy...vermont's heddy topper is like drinking a straw grass smoothy...still dig fat tire normal stuff, sam adams is still a great beer...believe it or not, PBR is a fine house beer...lived in belgie for a decade and can't believe folks pay for stella here in bottles...stella in leuven is a fine local beer...bottled and abroad swill...hoegaarden travels ok for it's taste but not worth the price...

Ozz
01-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Pacifico or Longboard on sunday during the football games.

GParkes
01-10-2020, 02:41 PM
Starting with this..........

cgolvin
01-10-2020, 03:16 PM
I don't know how wide their distribution is, but I'm a fan of just about every brew from Modern Times that I've encountered, even the Fruitlands stuff.

Most recently:

XXtwindad
01-10-2020, 03:26 PM
In about a month I'll be drinking Pliny the Younger on tap at the brewery and then two bottles at home at my leisure

Nothing is impossible, beer fans: After more than 15 years of brewing the world-famous and sparsely available triple IPA Pliny the Younger, Santa Rosa's Russian River Brewing Company will release it in bottles for the first time in early 2020, from February 7-20.

"We are excited to announce that Pliny the Younger 2020 will include something we have never done before, and said we would likely never do," says a press release from the brewery. "For the first time ever, Pliny the Younger will be available in our signature 510ml bottles during the release at both our Santa Rosa and Windsor breweries!"

Russian River has been brewing Pliny the Younger — an extra-hopped, more boozy triple IPA version of their flagship double IPA Pliny the Elder — since 2005, but it wasn't until 2009 that the beer became a cultural phenomenon.

At the time unbeknownst to brewery owners Natalie and Vinnie Cilurzo, the beer earned the highest rating on Beer Advocate, a large beer rating website, prompting beer fans from all over to queue in line at their Santa Rosa brewpub to get a taste. In the years since, the beer's release has become an annual pastime for Northern California, even prompting Sonoma County to periodically conduct economic impact surveys to measure the financial earnings brought in by the tourism rush.

In 2019, Sonoma County's Economic Development Board found that visitors came to the county from 42 states and 14 countries during the two-week release period, contributing $4.16 million to the local economy.

As in years past, the Younger release event will be carefully orchestrated by the brewery. Upon entering either of Russian River's two locations (after, yes, waiting in line), guests will be given a wristband with three pull tabs, one for each allotted pour of the beer. Here's what's different: In 2020, the wristbands will come with a fourth tab, which guests will need to trade in to buy a maximum two bottles of Younger per person.

The bottles will only be available at the Windsor and Santa Rosa brewery locations, though Russian River will distribute kegs of Younger to its select accounts.

There are, however, two other ways to get your hands on some Pliny the Younger. One is to attend the Younger preview beer dinner, which, unfortunately is already sold out; the other is to book a tour of the Windsor facility during the February 7-20 window.

Per Natalie Cilurzo, "A generous pour of Pliny the Younger will be offered again on our guided tours now booking on the brewery’s website."

The Holy Grail.

tkbike
01-10-2020, 05:32 PM
https://www.newbelgium.com/globalassets/beer/voodoo-ranger-imperial/vrimp_2019_globe_btl.png

Not happy about the change in ownership though. Hope new big corporate owners don't screw the pooch.

I know how you feel, I've only been living in FOCO since March 2019, but have been riding to the brewery a couple times a week. Not sure if its the season but for the past month or so the crowds are way down. Im originally from mid-upstate NY(Saratoga...mid, Lake Placid...up) so I'm still able to wear shorts riding to the brewery, it doesnt get cold here!!!! As of Sunday they still had my favorite seasonal beer...Atomic Pumpkin!

soulspinner
01-11-2020, 06:38 AM
Heady Topper and several local brews in taste tests during football today...…….its rough but somebody has to do it. Beer Ap junkies.

Steve in SLO
01-11-2020, 10:06 AM
I can’t drink this weekend (working), and I have no idea what I will be drinking next week. Whatever it is, though, it will be in Belgium and it will be in substantial amounts.

XXtwindad
01-11-2020, 10:34 AM

Some of this "beer label art" is pretty damn good. Someone should start a thread:)

mod6
01-11-2020, 04:14 PM
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cS8esAhxVGrTfKi47

Enjoying the first beer of the week. Unfortunately not having much luck getting a non link photo to render on this thread.

wgp
01-11-2020, 05:09 PM

Jealous beyond belief! Brought back three bottles of Pliny the Elder from my vacation in CO this summer. About my favorite DIPA around!

Dave
01-12-2020, 03:38 PM
The Dude Abides - White Russian Stout, by Grimm Brothers and Killer Boots by Verboten, both in Loveland.

https://forums.thepaceline.net/picture.php?albumid=113&pictureid=551

echappist
01-12-2020, 04:19 PM
they opened a Lidl (German grocery chain) store near me and I went there and they had a beer CZECH LAGER. I tried it and I think it is a great value tasting beer. $1.99/16.9 oz bottle. they only sell individual bottles. is it the best beer I have ever drank. probably not. nonetheless a great tasting value beer imho.

fun fact, did you know that Budweiser is tehnically a pale (pun intended) imitation of a Czech lager?

Not officially a "beer" but Chimay Grande Reserve for the win.

is a Trappist Ale different from a beer?

btw, nice avatar. I was at the Gemeetemuseum in Den Haag and saw quite a few compositions (by Mondrian and others)

agree...the hoppy stuff has gotten crazy...vermont's heddy topper is like drinking a straw grass smoothy...still dig fat tire normal stuff, sam adams is still a great beer...believe it or not, PBR is a fine house beer...lived in belgie for a decade and can't believe folks pay for stella here in bottles...stella in leuven is a fine local beer...bottled and abroad swill...hoegaarden travels ok for it's taste but not worth the price...

lucky.

The really nice Trappist ales go for 2 euros/bottle, whereas the same bottle goes for $4 stateside, which I consider just a tad too spendy.

Also had the opportunity to sample some of the less malty offerings made by la Trappe, and it was pretty glorious.

https://1hvqxa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mvLxlixY2HuGA-ubu2niRRAbCYasAnZo5ZABEE5UnY5P45TUQiQczd6XNUnkuJbx 6-NJCDByBEhMitTU83CvjSWtVYS1nnH5TyeU3yRcH7GM80ZMtTQZ nx11yYE8wLmWvsbyP8TTyqpgsjhe8Zfenu7089vnMyuInuYz-VohMG3EfeA_O27C5quuUd4fbB82XdkORPUgP8pDoFzvDEwoI_w ?width=495&height=660&cropmode=none

kppolich
01-13-2020, 06:03 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49381437738_8f09461294_b.jpg

XXtwindad
02-07-2020, 11:59 AM
Paging pdmtong!

Pliny the Younger now available in bottles!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02/07/pliny-the-younger-release-this-year-you-can-buy-bottles-too/

This is like your LBS, which had previously carried a few mainstream brands sending out an email stating that they would start selling Pegs and Fireflys. Or, for the true connoisseurs, Alliance and Olivetti :)

flying
02-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Not often but usually a Porter or a Stout of various brands ;)

pdmtong
02-07-2020, 12:36 PM
Paging pdmtong!
Pliny the Younger now available in bottles!
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02/07/pliny-the-younger-release-this-year-you-can-buy-bottles-too/
This is like your LBS, which had previously carried a few mainstream brands sending out an email stating that they would start selling Pegs and Fireflys. Or, for the true connoisseurs, Alliance and Olivetti :)

Yes, I am on the case! Plan to go up mid-week the second week so will report back then. I'll drink two there (can't finish the third and still drive home -10.25% does that) and buy my two bottles. Open one with wife. Give the other to the friend that got me a bottle of ORVW 10 this year. A few years ago I tried to take some home in a hydroflask type stainless double wall but I stupidly put the lid on and it completely died in the next few hours. Cleverness backfired.

providence
02-07-2020, 06:52 PM
https://i.ibb.co/hVLmrpD/9-C6-E3-F10-2563-4-F28-BA54-97-F5-CE115570.jpg

dancinkozmo
02-07-2020, 06:56 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49381437738_8f09461294_b.jpg

quite possibly the most american photo ive ever seen

pjm
02-07-2020, 07:25 PM
quite possibly the most american photo ive ever seen
America’s team!

madsciencenow
02-07-2020, 07:30 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200208/f29bf2b346175ff984c3a917d3cc278d.jpg

So good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uno-speedo
02-08-2020, 01:12 AM
A rather nice beer I had in Reykjavik, Snorri Nr. 10.

dookie
02-08-2020, 05:21 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200208/f29bf2b346175ff984c3a917d3cc278d.jpg

So good!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'll see your 12oz and raise you 157! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200208/7c3c3e80e7d2578a129bc31a88960994.jpg

dookie
02-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Also, just finished moving the taps to the living room bar...kegerator still in the basement. 15' of air cooled PVC between them.

C-Record handle is Revision's Disco Ninja NEIPA, unicorn is Great Lakes' Edmund Fitzgerald porter. And yes, there's a drip tray. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200208/e7cc8769b6bfb80b74e5ca26b5bd818e.jpg

dancinkozmo
02-08-2020, 05:42 PM
^ effing awesome !!!!!

kppolich
02-08-2020, 05:43 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49508011451_3aea1e6ba7_b.jpg

MagicHour
02-08-2020, 06:31 PM
I like it - a lighter IPA. Another fine Bell's offering.

http://www.bellsbeer.com/sites/default/files/brands/BellsLightHearted-12ozCan_GlasswareRender.png

Steve in SLO
02-09-2020, 11:19 AM
Not exactly this weekend, but a few weeks ago during my trip to Brussels I ran across some great beers. I predominately drank Trappist ales, which were all delicious in their own way. Bars down small alleys were in general more full of locals than those along the streets. Striking up a conversation is easy these days-just mention Trump or Brexit and you’re off to the races.
I did spend some time at Delirium, which was fun but kind of overrun with tourists.

echappist
02-09-2020, 12:03 PM
Not exactly this weekend, but a few weeks ago during my trip to Brussels I ran across some great beers. I predominately drank Trappist ales, which were all delicious in their own way. Bars down small alleys were in general more full of locals than those along the streets. Striking up a conversation is easy these days-just mention Trump or Brexit and you’re off to the races.
I did spend some time at Delirium, which was fun but kind of overrun with tourists.

Out of curiosity, did you rent a car to go visit any breweries? Next time we go, I think we'd want to go visit creameries and breweries (with Westvleteren being the most obvious one), most of which are way out in the countryside

pdmtong
02-09-2020, 05:37 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200209/41682ff385341848a0aeb4d736d01065.jpg

Steve in SLO
02-09-2020, 05:43 PM
Out of curiosity, did you rent a car to go visit any breweries? Next time we go, I think we'd want to go visit creameries and breweries (with Westvleteren being the most obvious one), most of which are way out in the countryside

I didn’t...It was a trip to drop my daughter off for her semester abroad. I only had two days to explore by myself so as usual while in Europe I used public transportation, which was great.

cgolvin
02-09-2020, 05:45 PM
I love all Belgian brews and Trappists in particular. Was hoping to see photos of frites and mussels as well

pdmtong
02-09-2020, 05:52 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200209/9cc5cb40caf8396909e5f359a1b69d53.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200213/aa224ba94855777dbfc7b1017f8c4307.jpg

jtakeda
02-09-2020, 06:06 PM
Local shop got Heady Topper and focal banger in so im treatin myself NE style

Steve in SLO
02-09-2020, 08:31 PM
I love all Belgian brews and Trappists in particular. Was hoping to see photos of frites and mussels as well

Sorry, but mussels were out of season – who knew that occurred? Did have some tasty shrimp, scallops and escargot soup, though.

pdmtong
02-10-2020, 07:36 PM
Utopias
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200211/eed03d11a5babf7052cba364d26d54fe.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200211/efa5dbafd1f0bf2e04ae38b6728b5d5a.jpg

pdmtong
02-10-2020, 07:37 PM
Between the Utopias and the Younger it's been a pretty good week for "beer".
I'm going back to my regularly scheduled bourbon and single malt now.

madsciencenow
02-10-2020, 08:10 PM
I'll see your 12oz and raise you 157! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200208/7c3c3e80e7d2578a129bc31a88960994.jpg

Hot damn! Nice!! Color me jealous and good for you!!

Jaybee
02-10-2020, 08:17 PM
Between the Utopias and the Younger it's been a pretty good week for "beer".
I'm going back to my regularly scheduled bourbon and single malt now.

I want to live your drinking life.

wgp
02-11-2020, 11:10 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200209/9cc5cb40caf8396909e5f359a1b69d53.jpg

Just stop already ... (p.s. hope you're enjoying it!)

cnighbor1
02-11-2020, 11:16 AM
Nighbor's Beer consumption
When at traders Joe's shopping once in a while (about every month) I go past the singles beer section and buy one beer
than I take home and wait for a meal that would go with it
total yearly intake maybe 6 to 9 beers
That is it
Charles

AngryScientist
02-13-2020, 05:21 PM
you guys wait for the weekend??

Ozz
02-13-2020, 06:08 PM

right??!
not beer, but opened bottle of 2015 Hall "Jack's Masterpiece" last night.

cgolvin
02-14-2020, 04:33 PM
It's always good to have choices

cash05458
02-14-2020, 04:38 PM

interesting...havent even seen this here in vermont Angry...

donevwil
02-14-2020, 06:15 PM
Just back from Valentine's lunch.

I had:
https://northcoastbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Old-Rasputin-bottle-and-pour-2019.png

My wife had:
https://www.fallriverbrewing.com/images/beers/LazyHazy_Hero.png?width=263&mode=crop

Tandem Rider
02-14-2020, 07:37 PM

This dropped last night, had 1 at the brewery, we brought a few home :)
They call it a quintuple (made up term), but it really drinks like a winter quad.

kppolich
02-15-2020, 04:30 PM
fine, i'm in.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49540033771_4b3caef150.jpg

AngryScientist
02-15-2020, 04:35 PM
interesting...havent even seen this here in vermont Angry...

that is interesting! it is very tasty, that's for sure. i like many of the long trail beers too.

superbowlpats
02-15-2020, 04:43 PM
Dogs & Boats this weekend

mdeth1313
02-15-2020, 08:08 PM
My wife bought me these for Valentine's Day - I drank the Cherry Pie last night (2nd from left). It was pretty awesome.

RobJ
02-15-2020, 11:18 PM
Running this guy on one of the taps. Not helping the weight loss!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200216/c0d679860e3f425228847eb7888049b7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alwayssnacking
02-16-2020, 02:55 AM
yuengling! all i have in the fridge at the moment.

chirpy999
02-16-2020, 03:00 AM
Got a couple of bottles of Pedigree from Asda £1 each.

dookie
02-16-2020, 11:12 AM
Running this guy on one of the taps. Not helping the weight loss!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200216/c0d679860e3f425228847eb7888049b7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkSept 5 was a long time ago...still fresh? I love their location in Afton.

kppolich
02-16-2020, 11:59 AM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49543740016_60f2d8cb60_z.jpg

RobJ
02-16-2020, 12:23 PM
Sept 5 was a long time ago...still fresh? I love their location in Afton.

Yea no problem with the time. Most of the kegs, even direct at the breweries, have been sitting for a month or two when I pick them up. Plus it’s under CO2 at my place.

Definitely a good beer. Have to try visiting their place.

Plum Hill
02-18-2020, 03:58 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MgBZwisNnvM&list=RDTnw-NUGjNxw&index=13

Dave
02-18-2020, 04:58 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MgBZwisNnvM&list=RDTnw-NUGjNxw&index=13

Now that was funny! More beer drinker than cyclist.