PDA

View Full Version : Bresnan Tour...

Kevan
06-12-2005, 05:17 PM
another year's wait.

While you Serottans were no doubt wilting in this weekend's heat, we too, were doing much the same, riding through Connecticutt, Massachusetts and dipping our front wheel into Vermont. We totalled over 200 miles for the weekend and I have to say.. after completeing this ride, now for the 5th year, this was the hardest weekend spent on a bike. I'm absolutely knackered.

Boy, that one was a HOT weekend, wasn't it??? My mind would occasionally drift as I slogged up some melting pavement, thinking of you all and wondering if you too were having trouble spinning a crank. My weeks of training in the cold and rain seemed to do nothing in offering me added strength to face this heat, humidity and humility. People I'm fried.

It's unfortunate that Serotta's open house and this event seem to always coinside, cause I would really like to join you folk, but until one or the other shifts, I'm sorta stuck. Not really intending to steal from the Serotta open house group, especially if both events continue on the same track, but if anyone would be interested in finding out more about this ride please feel free to contact me.

I'll write more about this weekend lateron, but right now I want to catch up on the postings and then maybe take a short nap. Did I say I was fried?

Bike is hung up complete with road grime, Gaterade slop, and sweat.. and you know what?? I really don't care.

cycleman_21
06-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I know what you mean, very hot weekend, I was at the open house sat. and wanted the extra miles so I started with group 3 and got a virtual spanking, they said it was going to be about a 19 mph or so pace, unh huh, yup, sure, going uphill maybe, so after about 30 miles (or less) I (got) dropped off the back and ended up getting lost (blue arrows, what blue arrows ;) ) any way I really enjoyed my ride, getting lost is actually fun for me, of course I ended up getting dehydrated, started cramping and at the very end saw Sandy beating me into the parking lot ( good work Sandy, and nice meeting you :), met your wife too at the chow line, very nice woman ),will probably add more to this later, anyway, Kevan I am definately interested in this ride for next year, would definately like some more info please.

thank you

Ron C

mikemets
06-13-2005, 07:10 AM
another year's wait.

While you Serottans were no doubt wilting in this weekend's heat, we too, were doing much the same, riding through Connecticutt, Massachusetts and dipping our front wheel into Vermont. We totalled over 200 miles for the weekend and I have to say.. after completeing this ride, now for the 5th year, this was the hardest weekend spent on a bike. I'm absolutely knackered.

Boy, that one was a HOT weekend, wasn't it??? My mind would occasionally drift as I slogged up some melting pavement, thinking of you all and wondering if you too were having trouble spinning a crank. My weeks of training in the cold and rain seemed to do nothing in offering me added strength to face this heat, humidity and humility. People I'm fried.

It's unfortunate that Serotta's open house and this event seem to always coinside, cause I would really like to join you folk, but until one or the other shifts, I'm sorta stuck. Not really intending to steal from the Serotta open house group, especially if both events continue on the same track, but if anyone would be interested in finding out more about this ride please feel free to contact me.

I'll write more about this weekend lateron, but right now I want to catch up on the postings and then maybe take a short nap. Did I say I was fried?

Bike is hung up complete with road grime, Gaterade slop, and sweat.. and you know what?? I really don't care.

It took you THREE days to get your 200 ;)

Kevan
06-13-2005, 10:40 AM
it took three days to do my drinkin'!

Our Mikemets here decided to take the hottest weekend we've had so far to bag himself a double century.

I'm surrounded by mad men.

Sandy
06-13-2005, 10:49 AM
I guess that "it took three days to do my drinkin.'" I have watched you drink before:

1 day to figure out how to get the top off
1 day to figure out what to do next and ask for directions
1 day for the actual drinking :banana: :banana:

Spuds Sandy