PDA

View Full Version : I love...

krhea
05-05-2011, 12:27 PM
my UPS driver today...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/KRhea/E02A2519.jpg

fiamme red
05-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Wait, you have room for another bike? :)

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=874523&postcount=22

Seriously, congratulations. Another fine addition to your fleet.

legacysti888
05-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Dayum....

Z1?

Z5?

OPEN IT!!!

spamjoshua
05-05-2011, 12:50 PM
But that linked thread to your man cave IS awesomeness.

Congrats all around.

slowgoing
05-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Wait till you ride it. Mine cured me of my bike lust.

gearguywb
05-05-2011, 02:08 PM
The Brown Santa strikes again!

krhea
05-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Finally found a minute to get it out of the box...M/L Z5 w/Edge fork

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/KRhea/E02A2521.jpg

legacysti888
05-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Oh Snap..... !!!!

Close ups please!

Aaron O
05-05-2011, 02:21 PM
lamp.

FixedNotBroken
05-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Serious bike addiction..one of the best addictions you can have. Holy s&^$ can I live in a day in your shoes and have a bike for every day of the month?!?

timto
05-05-2011, 02:44 PM
please build it asap.

JMerring
05-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Finally found a minute to get it out of the box

u r a better man than me - i would've got it out the box the minute i found it! enjoy - i'm sure it'll look great and ride even better

Keith A
05-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Ah the joy of getting a box like this from UPS. Enjoy your new ride :)

jt2gt
05-05-2011, 03:45 PM
You will love this bike. I have a Z3C and every time I pull it out after winter it puts a smile on my face. Build sheet?

JT

dekindy
05-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Don't you know that you are supposed to stop this conspicuous consumption and transfer your wealth to those less fortunate! I am appalled.

beer_meister
05-05-2011, 03:53 PM
How dare you buy a crabon fiber frame when you already have all those classic steel and Ti rigs ! ? ! ? ?

As pennance for going to the dark side, I believe you are going to have to bequeath me, five of your current steel classics (of my choosing) that are languishing away, neglected, and collecting dust on your wall racks.

What time can I come over to pick? :rolleyes:

krhea
05-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the kind comments guys and yes I'm very excited to say the least. I spent months trying to decide what carbon frame to buy and it came down to Parlee, Crumpton and Strong and as you can see, a Z5 was the winner.

I really wanted this carbon frame/fork to be the last carbon I purchased so I took my time with the decision, read everything I could read about all 3 frames/builders, talked to owners of all 3, read every review and on and on and my mind/desire always went back to Parlee. So I made the decision and took action!

Quick story, about 10 or 12yrs ago I used to live on the north shore of Boston, almost exactly on the Lynne/Swampscott dividing line a block off the water. My office was in Peabody Mass, about a 45min to an hour run from my house. I was working for Saucony at the time as Director of Marketing&Design along side a former Serotta employee, Dave Powers.
I used to run to work many mornings. I lived there for almost 4yrs and then as now, I was a bike geek, as matter of fact I was in most all the meetings leading up to and through the purchase of Merlin by Saucony. That's a whole 'nother story...
I had heard of this "new guy/carbon builder" named Parlee and his carbon magic but really didn't know much about him or his product at that time.
After about 3yrs I left Mass and opened a Saucony marketing/design office in Boulder. The very first group ride I went on in Boulder, being the "new guy", everyone wanted to know where I was from, who I worked for etc of course. I would just tell everyone I was from Boston as no one had ever heard of the tiny surrounding towns. The first guy I mentioned Boston to immediately says..."oh man, Boston, that's where Parlee is, ever see the shop?". Boy was I shocked to hear Parlee was in Boston, had no idea. Oh well, I missed it and really didn't spend much time in Boston proper.
Few days later I'm on a ride and I see a guy riding a Parlee which was pretty unusual back then. We chat about the bike and the guy is in deep love with it. He had actually flown back east to visit and pick the bike up. I tell him I'm from Boston and he asks if I was ever in Peabody. I tell him yes, that's where my office was. He responds, did you ever go to Parlee's shop???? I say no, it's in Boston and I stayed out of the city. He immediately corrects me and let's me know Parlee is not in Boston, it's on the north shore in a little town called Peabody, pronounced "Pee-ba-dee". I was shocked. I couldn't believe I lived there almost 4yrs and had no idea Parlee was in the same town!!! Wonder where they were located?????
So, I of course look up the address and find out that my morning running route took me past the Parlee shop every time I ran to work!!!!!!!!! And I had no idea it was there, never saw any type of sign that I noticed etc. I just couldn't believe it. To add insult to injury, Saucony's offices and the Parlee shop were less than 1 mile apart!!!!!
Can you imagine living a mile from Serotta World HQ and or driving by the front door everyday and not knowing it was there until you move 1000miles away!!!! Major suckage.

It would of been very cool to see early beginnings and the inner workings of Parlee back then because I believe he's only been building frames for a bit over 10 maybe 12yrs if I'm not mistaken.

I'll keep ya updated on the Parlee build, stay tuned...

KRhea

WickedWheels
05-05-2011, 09:30 PM
The frame looks amazing. How are you building it? I want a ride report. :D

slowandsteady
05-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Wait, you have room for another bike? :)

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=874523&postcount=22

Krhea: Damn good thing you don't like cars!!!

I'm showing the wife that pic (well, when I get a wife that is :crap: ) Maybe I should just get a man cave like yours instead? Hell, it's cheaper in the long run as well. I already got the kid and dog...ok, no wife it is. I'm ordering a few bikes today dagnabbit!

bumknees
05-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Krhea: Damn good thing you don't like cars!!!

I'm showing the wife that pic (well, when I get a wife that is :crap: ) Maybe I should just get a man cave like yours instead? Hell, it's cheaper in the long run as well. I already got the kid and dog...ok, no wife it is. I'm ordering a few bikes today dagnabbit!

Wow -- that is a great man cave! KRhea, I have the feeling this won't be your last carbon frame/fork. Everyone says "this will be the last..." Definitely need a ride report after you build it up!

Hawker
05-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Krhea,
Great looking frame, can't wait to see it built.

Do you still work for Saucony? I've been wearing their stuff since the 70s when the big guns were Nike and Adidas. What are they like as a company? To work for? Just wondering.