PDA

View Full Version : winner of TdF

erty65
06-12-2005, 02:56 PM
?

1centaur
06-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Please, please, please nobody vote for Christophe Moreau just to be funny. His inclusion in the poll is perfectly humorous all by itself.

SPINDAWG
06-12-2005, 08:00 PM
This is Jan's year! This being Lance's last dance,he has to prove he can beat the Texan.

Sandy
06-13-2005, 09:27 AM
I would like to see Jan Ullrich win it this year, but Lance Armstrong and his team looked so strong last year, so I think that Lance Armstrong must be the favorite again this year.

Never a favorite,

Sandy

fjaws
06-13-2005, 11:48 AM
too tough to call.......Ullrich or Vinokourov. Winner will come from Telekom me thinks.

SGP
06-13-2005, 12:00 PM
jan is great, but, when he won it he had riis in his ear the whole way. to beat lance, jan will need that little something extra that he had then.

Ozz
06-13-2005, 12:03 PM
pass on Mayo???

Lance is the man to beat.

Ullrich is so darn consistent that he will be on the podium...

Basso & Mayo have longshot chances if either Lance or Ullrich has a bad day, and they ride perfect tours....

erty65
06-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Keep on voting, who will win?

weisan
06-14-2005, 02:03 PM
The kids...b'cos daddy gets to come home. :D

george
06-14-2005, 11:32 PM
There is no "I" in team and Lance Armstrong is part of the Discvery Channel pro cycling team!!!!

Skrawny
06-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Who do I WANT to win, or who do I think WILL win?
I've gotta' play the odds and it seems that Lance is the Man with the Team.

dirtdigger88
06-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Thomas Volker (sp?)

Jason

Grant McLean
06-15-2005, 11:42 AM
but here's hoping for another competitive tour this year. Personally, I found the 2003 tour the most exciting since...well, a long time. Le Tour can be like Formula 1 sometimes, sort of like watching a parade, more than a race. The Tour last year got a little boring, after all those supposed competitors folded up like cheap suits.

I don't need a 5 second gap going into Paris to make it exciting, but it would be nice if it wasn't over after the 1st TT or Mountain stage.

Grant

hypnospin
06-16-2005, 03:16 AM
no "i", in the word "team", true, but there is a "me" in there...

There is no "I" in team and Lance Armstrong is part of the Discvery Channel pro cycling team!!!!

William
06-16-2005, 06:17 AM
As long as his team holds together I'll have to give the nod to lance. Jan, he was supposed to be the big challenger last year...and faded. It's another year and you never know what can happen.

What ever happens, here's to the winner... :beer:

William

weisan
06-16-2005, 06:31 AM
Another interesting tidbit...Keno-pal posted some interested numbers (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=9055) in another thread. Check out how close the wattage #s are between Lance and Jan. Lance had always said in public that Jan is probably more "gifted" physically than he is and that's what he feared the most....but Lance's got the slight upper hand in terms of doing mental sums in the head...both individually as well as collectively using the team resources. Thus, there's this philosophical question people had in the minds, would it make a difference if Jan had been guided by someone like Team CSC manager Bjarne Riis?

I think that question will remain forever unanswered and probably one that ends in futility b'cos....there's no "what-ifs" in the competitive world of cycling, you either get it or you don't....nobody ever remembers the second person across the line, neither do they pay respects to yesterday heros.

;)

weisan

Ozz
06-16-2005, 07:56 AM
....nobody ever remembers the second person across the line, neither do they pay respects to yesterday heros.

;)

weisan
From what I have read, Raymond Poulidor is a very popular hero in France....too bad his career intersected with both Anquetil and Merckx!!

rePhil
06-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Lance knows the wattage he is putting out compared to previous years. Barring injury or illness I think they have a pretty good idea on how things should work out. Mentally when he is on his game I don't think anyone can match his will. Like last year when he chased Kloden down and said he was thinking back to all the German fans spitting and yelling at him on the Alpe du huez TT.

csb
07-09-2005, 03:24 PM
!!!!! kloden !!!!!

Bill Bove
07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
It's our year! Johnny Damon :banana: :banana: