PDA

View Full Version : Craft Bibs...

fourflys
05-04-2011, 02:35 PM
So, I did a search and didn't find much on Craft stuff... I want to get a couple new pair of bibs for the summer and Craft gives pro deals to Coast Guard on ProMotive... I'm thinking of the Elite shorts as the elite attacks sound a bit much for what I need...

For comparison sake, the bibs I own and like are the Mavic Equipe and a pair of the cheaper Hincapie's... not sure if it matters, but I wear Large...

anyone on here ride Craft bibs?

Paid In Full
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I have two pairs of Craft bibs, each the highest end of their time probably three and fours years ago and found the fit to be excellent. I am a 33 waist and the medium was ideal. On the older model the chamois is pretty thin (probably due to mileage (and I fear they are just now to the point of borderline see through-ness so I will take them out of service as soon as someone speaks up). The newer pair has a better chamois and an ipod sized pocket in the back that I like. I have since used Campagnolo Sportswear, Rapha, and Castelli and learned that I much prefer these offerings based on chamois alone.

One plus for craft though, I have accidentally used the dryer many times with them and nothing has peeled off or been damaged in anyway. Can't say the same with Campy or Castelli.

MattTuck
05-04-2011, 05:11 PM
I have a pair, from probably 3 years ago. not my favorite, but it was probably their lowest or one of the lower level products. If I try them again, I'll try their higher end products before writing them off.

I've noticed that their stuff fits me better when I'm a bit lighter. as always, ymmv.

ergott
05-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I started using their bibs. So far so good. I'm a 32 waist and went with large because of my thighs. I one pair of medium and they are too small.

Bruce K
05-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I have one pair of Craft bibs. The quality seems to be quite good, the fit on the snug side.

I have relegated them to short rides and spin classes as the chamois just is not as good as my Garneau, Sugoi, Voler, Hincapie, or Verge shorts (WHhy can't the local teams/clubs get togwether on ONE manufacturer? :rolleyes: ).

BK

fourflys
05-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Hmm... not feeing the warm fuzzies on Craft...

My other brand I was looking at was the Castelli Velocissimo shorts that has the Kiss3 chamois in it... or the Hincapie Shorts like I have now (the Equipes I think, they were a team short)

MattTuck
05-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Hmm... not feeing the warm fuzzies on Craft...

My other brand I was looking at was the Castelli Velocissimo shorts that has the Kiss3 chamois in it... or the Hincapie Shorts like I have now (the Equipes I think, they were a team short)

There's really only one way to find out, and it involves buying a pair and wearing them. I think saddles and shorts are probably the two pieces of bike equipment where recommendations mean the LEAST.

If the discount is big enough, it's worth getting one pair at retail or even going through the discount program, riding them for a week or two with frequent washes, and seeing how you like 'em.

No substitute for chamois time.

rockdude
05-05-2011, 07:36 AM
I think Pez did a glowing review a year a so ago.

ahumblecycler
05-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Buy from Competitive Cyclist - try and if like = keep; dislike = return ;)

jonnyBgood
05-07-2011, 10:21 PM
First I think we have to compare apples to apples.

I have the Elite Attack bibshorts and LOVE them. They were a little snug the first two rides but now that feel awesome. I would put them up there with the Castelli 's but every pair of Castelli's I have owned the letting or logo has cracked up and peeled off so I like the Craft's better. I like the new Pearl Izumi Pro Leader bibshorts and there new Pro In R Cool as well. I personally think Assos are a joke. I don't think there chamois is even close to the Craft, Castelli or Pearl Izumi's high end shorts.

I have a pair of the Craft PB Tour bibshorts as well and the fit is a lot more snug then the Elite Attacks were at first and still are. The leg grippers are pretty tight on me but I have big thighs. They also have a much thinner chamois. I really like the grippers on the Elite Attacks.