PDA

View Full Version : Ugly?

OnceFast
06-11-2005, 07:14 PM
I just looked at some of the pictures from the Dauphine and am I right in thinking that the Discovery team jerseys are some of the worst things I've ever seen? Here's hoping that Lance leads the Tour wire to wire so we won't have to see the ugly blues any more.

flydhest
06-11-2005, 11:37 PM
you've clearly never seen a picture of me. Talk about a definition of ugly.

coylifut
06-12-2005, 10:09 AM
ugly or not, i think the jerseys do a good job of transferring the Discovery Network's corporate logo to a cycling kit. It is a billboard isn't it.? What do you do with a globe that looks like a marbled bowling ball from the 70s.

Dr. Doofus
06-12-2005, 10:56 AM
looks good

on winners

nice ride

george

93legendti
06-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Way to go George!!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/jun05/dauphinelibere05/?id=results/dauphinelibere057

Spinsistah
06-12-2005, 06:16 PM
for Disco at Daupine! Good job Georgie.

BumbleBeeDave
06-12-2005, 07:04 PM
. . . I agree that the Disco jerseys are neither distinctive nor particularly legible. The best kit features BOLD stuff on it, whether that’s the A&S/Domina-Vacanze zebra stripes of a few years back or the sheer size of the Saeco logo on their team’s. There’s too many logos on the Disco jerseys, they are too small, and the colors are not contrasty enough. Also not that the main logo is too high on the front of the jersey. If the jersey is unzipped even a little bit, it becomes invisible. George got this great stage win, great pic on Cyclingnews of him coming across the line, but his jersey’s unzipped and you--and the TV audience--sees ZERO logo.

BBDave