PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Update as of 5-3!

BumbleBeeDave
04-29-2011, 09:38 AM
FOR AN UPDATE AS OF 5-3 GO TO THE END OF THIS THREAD!
-----------------------------------

UPDATE AS OF 4-29 . . .

Our vendor will be VERGE. They combine a variety of advantages in quality, cut and size availability, pricing, and covenience of ordering and delivery. I own Verge gear myself and really like it and I have had nothing but great testimonials from several local groups about their service and quality. They have a great variety of items available and three cuts--Race, Sport, and Club and sizes for women.

We easily have enough serious interest in jerseys and bibs to make minimums in both color schemes. We will also be offering accessories, most likely vests, arm warmers, and knee warmers. Other items may be available--not finalized yet. I am still evaluating Prices on all items are also not finalized yet.

We also appear to have enough interest in those accessories to make it worthwhile to offer them on the order page, at least in the black-white-silver scheme.

I have had detailed discussions with Kurt at Verge and we are working on supplying detailed vector art designs to them to move forward. Once that is done, I will post detailed final art renderings here on the forum and you will be given a link to an ordering page at BikeReg.com.

Each order will likely include a small service fee to cover their handling and shipping expenses to you. It is very reasonable and if I had handled shipping you would have all had to send me money to cover that anyway.

We're looking good so far! :beer:

BBD

1happygirl
04-29-2011, 09:45 AM
OH Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy. never heard of them but it does rhyme with Serge.

veloduffer
04-29-2011, 09:57 AM
OH Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy. never heard of them but it does rhyme with Serge.

Richard Sachs cyclocross team and a number of other pro and top amateur teams use them. Good stuff, mine have lasted for years.

AngryScientist
04-29-2011, 10:03 AM
as always - good work dave, looking forward to ordering.

deechee
04-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks for all of this work. Is it a flat fee regardless of destination country?

BumbleBeeDave
04-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for all of this work. Is it a flat fee regardless of destination country?

Will have to ask them about that.

BBD

jr59
04-29-2011, 03:24 PM
When and where do you want the $$$$$?

Louis
04-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Question about Verge sizing:

They say this:

Race cut is for the serious racer with a slim and trim physique.
Sport cut is more relaxed but still designed for racers and serious cyclists.
Club cut is designed for a more relaxed fit.

But the numbers they provide for waist, chest, etc. are apparently the same for all three cuts. So how in the world does one figure out how slim is slim, or how relaxed is relaxed?

You'd think that they would give you different numbers for each cut type so you could decided which is most appropriate for your build / % body fat / whatever.

BumbleBeeDave
04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
When and where do you want the $$$$$?

. . . on BikeReg once we have the order page set up. It's just like registering and paying for a race.

Here's an example of an ordering page. It will be pretty straightforward:

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=13332

As for Louis on the sizing . . . I will check with Verge. I would think if your chest is 42", then it's still 42" no matter which cut you wear. Race will be tightest and they will include enough extra on the club to be more, ah, "comfortable." :rolleyes:

BBD

rdparadise
04-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Dave:

Sounds great Dave and thanks for all of your effort. I assume with have Mr. Serotta's wand of approval to move forward with our selected design and use of his name?

Do you know yet what the various prices are going to be for shirt and bibs?

Thanks,

Bob

BumbleBeeDave
04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Dave:

Sounds great Dave and thanks for all of your effort. I assume with have Mr. Serotta's wand of approval to move forward with our selected design and use of his name?

Do you know yet what the various prices are going to be for shirt and bibs?

Thanks,

Bob

. . . is fully "Ben-Approved."

The prices are not set yet. I will have details worked out and the page up as soon as possible.

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
04-29-2011, 05:01 PM
. . . overseas shipping. But we could try to work something out between myself and any foreign buyers. I want everybody to get what they want if possible . . .

BBD

Pete Serotta
04-29-2011, 05:16 PM
This one has been approved by BEN.

Dave, thanks for all the hard work on this.

As Dave mentioned, overseas travel will have some fees different than USA.

It has become more expensive over the past months. Serotta nor forum is making money on the process.

RED wine (or beer) will be flowing next time I see Dave. PETE

1happygirl
04-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Yeah BBD :hello:

So I admitted I know nothing about Verge. Since I'm still coughing as I was laying here (would someone please stop this wind?!!!!!), I looked at their site.

Will we be able to pick the grade? I notice, I think in glancing, that they have an Elite and Classic custom?

Also, how long will Verge keep the design? Say we change sizes during the year or something? How long can we still keep ordering? Thanks.

dekindy
04-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Yeah BBD :hello:

So I admitted I know nothing about Verge. Since I'm still coughing as I was laying here (would someone please stop this wind?!!!!!), I looked at their site.

Will we be able to pick the grade? I notice, I think in glancing, that they have an Elite and Classic custom?

Also, how long will Verge keep the design? Say we change sizes during the year or something? How long can we still keep ordering? Thanks.

Good question. Since some of us know nothing of Verge we might want to order a set and then order more when we are certain of sizing, pad size and shape, etc.

Bruce K
04-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Maybe this will help a little.

My bib shorts from my local club are size L and are just a tweak snugger than my Sugois or Volers.

My Club Cut jersey is just a tad looser than my size Large Club Cut from Voler and about the same as an XL Sugoi.

I could wear their XL race cut but it is just a bit too snug for every day wear so I will probably go Sport Cut this time on the jersey.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
04-29-2011, 08:20 PM
. . . to order Elite level stuff. A bit more expensive, but great, high quality clothing.

To make minimum you have to order at least 6 each of 4 different items to make a total of 24 pieces.

Each cut counts as a separate item, so we would have to sell at least 6 each of mens race, mens sport, mens club, womens sport, etc. for the black-white-silver gear. Same for the red color scheme.

As you can probably guess, particularly for the red jerseys, where we have fewer total numbers interested, some compromises might have to be made for the sake of making sure we have enough people buy one particular item/cut combo to make the 6 piece minimum.

We have 45 professed serious buyers for B-W-S jerseys, Do we have 6 guys interested out of 45 in each of race, sport, and club cut? Probably. Out of that same 45 do we have 6 women interested in race cut B-W-S jerseys? I doubt it. It gets dicier for the red-white jerseys where we have only 28 seriously buyers.

So I might have to end up making these choices available in B-W-S and same for red-white:

• Mens race cut
• Mens club cut
• Womens' club cut
• Mens bibs
• Women's bibs
• Unisex vest
• Unisex arm warmers
• Unisex knee warmers

Or for women I could make available sport cut jerseys and larger women would have to order mens club cut jersey.

There's a certain amount of guessing involved but I will do the best I can. This may sound like a PITA but the minimums for the other vendors I checked with are higher, so Verge offers us the best overall chance of getting everybody as close to what they want as possible.

BBD

1happygirl
04-29-2011, 08:47 PM
I am in for the club cut wms. I just wonder if the wms is just a cut down mens anyway? But I'll be in for that. easier to take up than let out a racer cut.

I'm glad you picked the elite. thanks. how long will they leave the design up? once they upload it(or whatever they do to it to keep it) it should be available for a while right? like club jerseys usually are?

jeo99
04-29-2011, 09:22 PM
29 now for the RED version. I want to be seen!

:beer:

A1CKot
04-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Can they set up any sort of pre-order site and take deposits. That would give a much more accurate idea of what minimums we will make. Just a thought and I'm in for w/b/s race cut jersey and bibs.

Louis
04-30-2011, 02:20 PM
As for Louis on the sizing . . . I will check with Verge. I would think if your chest is 42", then it's still 42" no matter which cut you wear. Race will be tightest and they will include enough extra on the club to be more, ah, "comfortable." :rolleyes:

Thanks Dave.

Agreed, a 42" chest ought to be 42", whether it's a Race, Sport, or Club. Same thing goes for waist size. 34" = 34".

So I conclude that the "cut" must a measure of the size of your gut :beer:

But they don't tell you what numbers go with what cut...

Given that I'm not a 5% bodyfat racer, I conclude that I'm probably a Sport, but you'd think that they could give you some numbers so you didn't have to guess. On the other hand, who wants a jersey that's flapping all over the place? Sometimes a little tight is good. More aerodynamic. So maybe I do want a Race cut...

I think my e-Richie jersey is a Verge. I'll have to see if I can figure out what was used for that one.

Bruce K
04-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Louis;

I'm pretty sure e-richie's jerseys were Race Cut. They were the team kit and those folks (even Richard the little so-and-so :rolleyes: who is WAY too fast for me on a cross bike :beer: ) are pretty trim.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
04-30-2011, 05:05 PM
. . . pretty quick on what cuts to offer so that Jeanne can do properly sized designs.

Since each cut counts as one item, and we have to order at least 6 of each item, there's a chance with the red jerseys we won't get enough of each of the three cuts (race,sport,club) ordered to make minimums. That's why I might go with only race and club for the red and the full three cuts for the BWS jerseys, where we have over 40 interested buyers. There's simply a better chance we will make minimums on all three.

Between the race and club cuts there should be something that will suit all of our demographic.

As for women's cut . . . Are there any other women ordering besides 1HappyGirl and SC53?

Vests are unisex, so I'm not seeing much problem there. Same for the arm and knee warmers.

I'd love to do winter jackets but I just don't think there would be enough interest there to make minimums.

BBD

henrypretz
05-01-2011, 01:08 AM
I would like a large club cut jersey. Color doesn't really matter to me (I look bad in all of them :D ), so I'm willing to take whichever color you need to make the minimum. Just let me know which one I need to order to make the min.

Henry

Louis
05-01-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm pretty sure e-richie's jerseys were Race Cut. They were the team kit and those folks (even Richard the little so-and-so :rolleyes: who is WAY too fast for me on a cross bike :beer: ) are pretty trim.

Thanks Bruce. That helps a lot. The jersey fits well, so I guess that tells me what I should get. The club would probably be a bit too, how should I say this?, a bit too generous in size...

(and there's no way in the world I'll ever be as trim as those guys, but if the shoe / jersey fits...)

HenryA
05-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Anyone have an idea about the body length of the jerseys?
Do they run average, short, long?

jr59
05-01-2011, 03:32 PM
I would like a large club cut jersey. Color doesn't really matter to me (I look bad in all of them :D ), so I'm willing to take whichever color you need to make the minimum. Just let me know which one I need to order to make the min.

Henry

I think I will also, in fact I'll take one of each, unless we need 2 more of one color or another. then thats what I'll have. :hello:

BumbleBeeDave
05-01-2011, 04:17 PM
. . . get all these issues sorted out and will be talking to Kurt at Verge again tomorrow. Their art templates do not seem to differentiate between cuts, but I want to check with him first before giving Jeanne the go-ahead to make final designs.

My Verge kit is race cut medium, but it's snug. Not sausage wrap snug, but, uh, "conforming."

BBD

sc53
05-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Club or sport for me please--absolutely NOT race cut.

schneiderrd
05-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Dave:

What material did you have in mind or the jersey? Verge has quite a selection.

sand fungus
05-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks for all the hard work!

This may have been asked already, but full zipper or 3/4? I personally prefer the full zipper.

Bruce K
05-02-2011, 04:36 AM
If you check back I am pretty sure you will find that it will be from the Elite collection and full zipper.

BK

Louis
05-02-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty sure e-richie's jerseys were Race Cut.

Bruce, you were right. The e-Richie jerseys are "Race" cut. I checked and I also have at least one other Verge jersey that is also race cut. (I think it's a RAAM jersey). Both had a tag indicating the cut and size.

So, if anyone out there wants to know any specific measurements on a Verge Race cut jersey, size Large, PM me with whatever you need measured and I'll see if I can do it.

Louis

BumbleBeeDave
05-03-2011, 04:37 PM
We will be going forward with jerseys/bibs in both the red-white and black-white-silver color schemes. The "silver" will actually be a shade of gray since silver cannot be sublimated, but I'm sure they will look fine.

We are also going forward with vests, arm warmers, and knee warmers. Jeanne is working on final designs now with added details and I will post full artwork here before the order page goes up.

We are undecided as of yet on which cuts to offer but Verge is sending some try-on samples to KeithA, BruceK, and myself. We will get a better idea of the differences so we can advise others properly.

Here are the approximate prices. Please remember that--these are not final. They could vary by as much as five dollars depending on the size of the order and other details. But these should give you an idea that this gear is priced competitively.

• Elite short sleeve jersey with full length hidden zipper: $81
Stinger material, flat lock stitching

• Elite Bib Shorts: $84
Performer Power Lycra (black center panel),
ESP2 Chamois, Flat lock stitching

• Elite Entropa Vest: $89
TEK Series Lite material

• Winter arm warmers: $30

• Winter knee warmers: $30

Every order will also include a mandatory $15 charge for individual packaging and shipping from Verge to you. This is a good deal. If everything was shipped to me and I re-shipped to all of you, I'd have to get at least $10 each from you anyway just for postage and packaging. This way you pay the $15 and get the convenience of ordering online with a credit card and direct shipping to you with no messy BBDave fingerprints all over those nice plastic bag packages.

Note that Verge does NOT ship overseas. But we WILL work out something. You may have to send me an international money order for expenses nd it will take longer to get your stuff, but I will make sure we work something out so no one is left out!

The other caveat here is that, as "Jersey Czar" if we don't make minimums on any of the accessories (6 of each item in each color scheme) then I reserve the right to tell Verge "Oops" and have them issue refunds for those items. They have the minimums for a reason.

Questions? . . . :D

BBD

Hawker
05-03-2011, 05:06 PM
First, thanks for all the hard work.

Second, I wear either a Small or Medium club cut. Will be interested in finding out the length of both as you get the samples. Put me down for one BWS color scheme.

rpm
05-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Dave--
What provisions are there for size exchange in case the first size ordered doesn't fit?

slowandsteady
05-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Dave--
What provisions are there for size exchange in case the first size ordered doesn't fit?

It would be useful to know what each cut fits like as far as true to American Sizing or Euro sizing (i.e. an XL is like a US LG)

Keith A
05-03-2011, 05:53 PM
It would be useful to know what each cut fits like as far as true to American Sizing or Euro sizing (i.e. an XL is like a US LG)This is why we are getting the samples so that we can do some measuring and see how the different fits run. I will post all the details of the clothing as soon as I receive them.

Elefantino
05-03-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm glad we are going with both combos because the boss pointed out that I already three black-and-whiteish kits, including two for our team. So I was sort of kind of hoping I could switch to red.

And because my new Roubaix is black and red it would be coolio.

Way to go, Dave! :banana:

rice rocket
05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm glad we are going with both combos because the boss pointed out that I already three black-and-whiteish kits, including two for our team. So I was sort of kind of hoping I could switch to red.

And because my new Roubaix is black and red it would be coolio.

Way to go, Dave! :banana:

That's okay, I was thinking of switching to gray/black (and I voted red/black) so I gotcha covered!

Bruce K
05-03-2011, 08:18 PM
I have some Verge Sport Cut and Club Cut jerseys here as well as their 2011 bib short.

If anyone is curious compared to a specific manufacturer, i can compare these or the samples to Garneau, Voler, Sugoi, Hincapie, Vermarrc, Pactimo, Castelli, ShaverSport, and Champion pieces that I have here.

But preferably not ALL of them. :crap:

BK

BumbleBeeDave
05-03-2011, 08:54 PM
We are going to make some measurements so you will have a better idea.

My plan was--and still is--to tell people, go to your closet and find the jersey and shorts that fit you the best and measure things like collar to hem length in front and back, inseam on the shorts, etc. Then compare them against the Verge sizing measurements. These jerseys will be raglan sleeve.

Unfortunately, rpm, none of this stuff is returnable. That's why I decided it's worth the extra couple of weeks delay in delivery caused by the fitting mailing time in order to get a larger chance that everybody will end up getting the right size.

I am not sure about their sizing, except that it seems pretty consistent. My medium race cuts seem to be American mediums. The last forum jerseys we did--from Hincapie--seemed to me to be Euro sizing. I had to get a large to fit my chest but it also ended up being a bit long--classic Euro sizing to me.

Also in answer to an e-mailed question from KeithA, as far as I know Verge does not make any overstock to keep on hand. I can understand why--wasted money in the long run. They do have some pre-printed kit HERE (http://www.vergesport.com/store/index.php?cPath=24&osCsid=t1m9u8omvvskdvb5rcmosb0qc4&link_path=%2F&store_path=%2Fstore%2F&osCsid=t1m9u8omvvskdvb5rcmosb0qc4&root=%2F&user=false&sciezka=&szukaj=) , but no pro teams or cycling groups. It appears someone in company management is a Grateful Dead fan . . . :D

BBD

Louis
05-04-2011, 12:14 AM
I know probably I sound like a broken record on this, but just the same:

All this "Cut Confusion" would be avoided if Verge provided some f'n dimensions to allow people to distinguish between Race, Sport and Club cuts. Right now it's like some Top Secret thing and nobody knows what is what. Stupid, IMO.

Providing customers with good information will result in better outcomes all around.

Louis

wooly
05-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Dave - thanks for the work put into organizing this. I look forward to wearing the kit with pride! It'll be great to be able to ID fellow forumites on the road too.

A1CKot
05-04-2011, 01:16 AM
The other caveat here is that, as "Jersey Czar" if we don't make minimums on any of the accessories (6 of each item in each color scheme) then I reserve the right to tell Verge "Oops" and have them issue refunds for those items. They have the minimums for a reason.

Questions? . . . :D

BBD

So question... Will they hold all orders until minimums are met?

Also my favorite kit is of the Hincapie variant, small for the top and medium for the bibs. No idea what cut or grade but I'm a smaller, younger :D, guy so could some one provide rough idea for size comparison.

Thanks for all the great work and the prices seem great for full custom stuff. I hate spending good money to advertise for the company that made the stuff.

Edti: are we going to go with the "full road" around the whole jersey?

1happygirl
05-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Dear BBD:

Thank you for the hard work and for giving me something to think about while I'm resting.
If you do the club cut women's, I'll buy 2 and SC can buy 4 making the minimum.(jk-hahah)

Will the 'extra' items and jerseys have the design item graphics as seen below on them?

We could put our forum name under the banned logo.

PS For the mods will it have MOD Squad on the sleeve?

or around the trim on the bottom of the sleeve

BumbleBeeDave
05-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Dear BBD:

Thank you for the hard work and for giving me something to think about while I'm resting.
If you do the club cut women's, I'll buy 2 and SC can buy 4 making the minimum.(jk-hahah)

Will the 'extra' items and jerseys have the design item graphics as seen below on them?

We could put our forum name under the banned logo.

PS For the mods will it have MOD Squad on the sleeve?

That ain't a bad idea!

:D

BBD

Keith A
05-04-2011, 03:23 PM
http://westkarana.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/modsquad.jpg

chuckroast
05-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Man, I'd be willing to say something nasty here just to get a bitchin' "banned" graphic.

SEABREEZE
05-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I think the MOB squad is more appropiate

don'TreadOnMe
05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Racer 5 IPA, Stoudts American Pale Ale, Victory Prima Pils.
Never forget, beer takes the S out of faSt.

sc53
05-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Happy, I'm definitely in for a jersey, but not sure any of the other stuff will fit a "full busted" woman of 58 yrs of age. I'm sure the bibs are manly, so no go there for me. I have one pair of ladies' bibs and they fit very nicely. I think they are Sugoi. Got them on sale at Team Estrogen. Club sounds right for me. If we need 6 ladies' club jerseys I don't think that's happening. I guess I might have to order a guy's size and expect it to catch on my saddle when I stand to ciimb. Bad. :crap:

victoryfactory
05-10-2011, 04:34 AM
Dave
Just adding my thanks for your efforts

I am also very interested in the length of the various
sizes (measured from the base of the collar to the bottom of the jersey)
This has always been my main concern as a jersey that
fits my er... barrel chested shape is usually too long

You guys wouldn't want to have to look at that. Ben might even
take back his approval!

VF

Keith A
05-10-2011, 06:38 AM
<snip>
I am also very interested in the length of the various
sizes (measured from the base of the collar to the bottom of the jersey)
This has always been my main concern as a jersey that
fits my er... barrel chested shape is usually too long
<snip>Once I have the sample jerseys in hand, I will be providing all the details of their measurements and will post that information here.

BumbleBeeDave
05-10-2011, 08:10 AM
. . . to Kurt at Verge with the request that he ship them to Keith first. After Keith is done with them he's sending them to BruceK and then they come to me.

The measurements for length are one of the things we are looking at. I'm hoping having all this info posted will help everyone make the right decisions and let folks like SC53 see what's best for them.

BBD

Pete Serotta
05-10-2011, 08:18 AM
For all the hard work and passion.

I will buy one. Pete

BumbleBeeDave
05-10-2011, 08:34 AM
For all the hard work and passion.

I will buy one. Pete

. . . your one bike? :D

BBD

Pete Serotta
05-10-2011, 08:41 AM
. . . your one bike? :D

BBD

One day I will have another. :beer: Pete

1happygirl
05-10-2011, 12:13 PM
BBD, Just a question.

Looks like no women's specific right? It's okay I am just curious so I know how to plan. Thanks.

BumbleBeeDave
05-10-2011, 08:23 PM
BBD, Just a question.

Looks like no women's specific right? It's okay I am just curious so I know how to plan. Thanks.

. . . But if there are no other women buying besides yourself and SC53, then no we would not have enough to make the minimums. Verge's rules, not mine . . .

BBD

1happygirl
05-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Okay thanks BBD.
I could have sworn there was more girl peeps on the forum than just us, but I dunno. Thanks again for the info.

BumbleBeeDave
05-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Okay thanks BBD.
I could have sworn there was more girl peeps on the forum than just us, but I dunno. Thanks again for the info.

. . . one other guy saying he wanted to buy one for his wife, but while there may be other women on the forum, I don't know of any others who were interested in these jerseys.

Bigger problem for you may be bibs. They do not have different cuts for those--only men's and women's cuts. Depending on your build, if we don't have enough women's bibs to meet the minimum and you have to buy men's, by the time you get the hips large enough the length maybe too long--same problem I have with Euro fit jerseys. By the time I get the shoulders large enough the length is too long.

BBD

sc53
05-11-2011, 09:09 AM
by the time you get the hips large enough the length maybe too long
I resemble that remark! :)

terrytnt
05-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Bumblebeedave,

Dave, would you please post a separate message once arrangements to purchase the jerseys are finalized.

It's quite confusing as to what process to follow with all these threads,

many thanks for all your hard work!

1happygirl
05-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Bigger problem for you may be bibs. if we don't have enough women's bibs to meet the minimum and you have to buy men's, by the time you get the hips large enough the length maybe too long--same problem I have with Euro fit jerseys.
BBD

Boy, I know you're a smooooooth talker with the ladies. Muy popular I'm sure. TMI :rolleyes:

hahahaha.

BumbleBeeDave
05-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Bumblebeedave,

Dave, would you please post a separate message once arrangements to purchase the jerseys are finalized.

It's quite confusing as to what process to follow with all these threads,

many thanks for all your hard work!

KeithA has the samples now and is doing measurements to post. Then he will ship them to Bruce and then to me.

Once we have the order page up on bikereg.com I will be posting full information here with full renderings and instructions.

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
05-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Boy, I know you're a smooooooth talker with the ladies. Muy popular I'm sure. TMI :rolleyes:

hahahaha.

. . . and she already sees way beyond the words.

BBD

1happygirl
05-12-2011, 08:29 PM

BBD
awwww.

whforrest
05-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks for taking the time to make this happen!

BBD

Keith A
05-15-2011, 05:03 PM
I received the sample jerseys from Verge and measured them all and the results are attached in a PDF (I'll post an image later since the regular text is hard to read since the numbers bunch up together). I tried to do this as accurately as possible by laying them flat on the ground with the jersey zipped all the way up and then smoothing them out as tight as possible.

I'll also be posting several pictures with me trying on the ones that are close to my size. I'll be happy to answer any questions about fit with regards to how this compares to other brands.

BumbleBeeDave
05-15-2011, 05:14 PM
I received the sample jerseys from Verge and measured them all and the results are attached in a PDF (I'll post an image later since the regular text is hard to read since the numbers bunch up together). I tried to do this as accurately as possible by laying them flat on the ground with the jersey zipped all the way up and then smoothing them out as tight as possible.

I'll also be posting several pictures with me trying on the ones that are close to my size. I'll be happy to answer any questions about fit with regards to how this compares to other brands.

Just to clarify, the "front" and "back" measurements you give--are they from the collar to hem?

Also, your 2 year old race medium jersey . . . do you have any idea how many times it's been worn and washed? I would expect any jersey to stretch a bit as it's worn and washed.

Also, here's a screen shot of the chart. Note that when the order page goes up I will be posting a new stuck thread with this chart AND the stock Verge charts for all sizes so everyone can get a better idea of what will fit them.

BBD

Keith A
05-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Dave -- Thanks putting up the image...I don't have my image editing software at home.

Just to clarify, the "front" and "back" measurements you give--are they from the collar to hem?
> Correct, top of collar to bottom of hmm.

Also, your 2 year old race medium jersey . . . do you have any idea how many times it's been worn and washed? I would expect any jersey to stretch a bit as it's worn and washed.
> This jersey hasn't been worn too many times maybe a dozen or more. However, I wash all my cycling closes on delicate and hang them dry...and from my recollection, this jersey fit this way when it was new.

HenryA
05-19-2011, 12:19 PM
The Large jerseys are all a bit short in the back for me. Any idea about the length of XL size jerseys?

sc53
05-19-2011, 01:26 PM
OK I'm completely befuddled. The "M" and "L" designations are NOT "Men's" and "Ladies" sizes? instead they are for men's sizes Medium and Large?

BumbleBeeDave
05-19-2011, 02:17 PM
OK I'm completely befuddled. The "M" and "L" designations are NOT "Men's" and "Ladies" sizes? instead they are for men's sizes Medium and Large?

. . . men's medium and large. I'm not sure about the other mods . . . :eek: . . . but I don't wear women's clothing . . . :D

BBD

Hawker
05-19-2011, 02:43 PM
. . . men's medium and large. I'm not sure about the other mods . . . :eek: . . . but I don't wear women's clothing . . . :D

BBD

Neither does Michael. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTmcMpK-gOM

Bruce K
05-19-2011, 08:08 PM
OK gang, here's my 2 cents on the cuts from Verge.

Since I don't fit mediums I can only speak based on larges.

I am 5'-8" and 198# & a little wide in the shoulder and chest (size 42 - 44 suit jacket).

I wear a large from many manufacturers (Voler, Shaversport, Verge) in their club cut and an XL in race cut. For brands like Sugoi, Garneau, Pactimo, and Vermarc I am a definite XL.

In the Verge, the race cut is a real race cut. Slim and trim. I would need an XL to fit one.

In the sport cut I can wear a large and it looks like a race cuit on me. snug but not overly tight, comfortable in the shoulders.

The club cut is a little looser and would be comfortable for folks who don;t want a "racer" look or fell. It is comfortable without being baggy or looking like you bought the wrong size.

That's a bout the best I can offer unless someone has a specific question.

I am shipping the sample off to Dave tomorrow.

BK

victoryfactory
05-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Bruce;
thanks for that info. It's right up my alley.
I'm also 5'8" How is the length for you on the larges?
VF

Bruce K
05-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Good to just a touch long but not annoyingly so.

BK