PDA

View Full Version : Sort of OT: Tragic Drunk Driving Tale

rugbysecondrow
04-29-2011, 09:32 AM
I thought for a bit about whether this was appropriate to post and I decided it is.

20 years ago yesterday, a drunk driver passed out at the wheel, veered accross traffic, struck and killed three teenagers pedestrians, two of which were classmates of mine and one who was a good friend. His older brother wrote a small bit about it and reading it brought back much of the emotion I had as a 13 year old youth mixed with some small bit of wisdom I now have as a 33 year old adult.

I thought it was important to post because it articulates a fraction of the pain, loss and permanance that driving drunk can have. It is a reminder that our actions matter. As users of the road, less protected than others, we need to be vigilant and intolerant of this behavior.

Anyway, here is the post. http://www.batsonjs.blogspot.com/

AngryScientist
04-29-2011, 09:56 AM
quite a tragic story Paul, I'm sorry you had to be close to something like that. very awful. rest in peace to those young souls.

konstantkarma
04-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Heartbreaking and tragic. Anyone who drives a car should read this.

Keith A
05-03-2011, 09:44 AM
I am truly sorry for the death of your friends and especially for the pain that their families and friends still feel.

It is so very sad and unnecessary, but unfortunately there are far too many times when lives are taken because of the careless and reckless choices made by others. None of know when we might lose a loved one or even our own life, so we need to have no regrets when that day comes. While it is easy to say these words, it is harder to live by them. We all need to remember how important each day is and to express those thoughts and feelings we have to our friends and family.

Thanks for sharing this with us.