PDA

View Full Version : good morning it friday

Fixed
04-29-2011, 07:58 AM
i hope everyone is well please share your bike plans for the weekend .
to me they are adventures and explorations of the spirit i read each one with much interest ..
cheers

martinrjensen
04-29-2011, 08:16 AM
I played hooky yesterday and am doing same today (using up vacation days actually) and it's looking kinda nice here in rainy Seattle. I'm planning on letting it warm up a bit but now I'm in a quandary as to which bike to take out on about a 30 -40 mile ride. I'm thinking the Serotta, but then again it might be the Merckx too, I just don't know what to do.i hope everyone is well please share your bike plans for the weekend .
to me they are adventures and explorations of the spirit i read each one with much interest ..
cheers

cp43
04-29-2011, 08:20 AM
I started my weekend riding this morning. Just got in from a ~20 mile ride with some guys from work. It was great, sunny, warm, most of the roads have been swept. Very relaxing way to start the day.

Tomorrow will probably be a ~3 hour ride with the club, getting in some hilly miles. Sunday, probably just cruise around a bit with my girlfriend.

:beer:

Chris

vsefiream
04-29-2011, 08:28 AM
With the recent storms, it's been windy and rainy here but the W/E is looking promising. I still haven't really had a chance to ride my Atlanta other than a test ride last week without the proper shoes. I have tweaked it a little bit on the trainer but I am dying to get it outside. I have shoes and cleats now, tried to mount the cleats the other night but I need longer hardware :crap:
So it's been one little obstacle after another. I'll pick up the hardware today and get the cleats mounted and ready for my first group ride on Sunday!!! :beer:
I know I'm going to get out ridden, dropped, etc but I don't care, I'm just excited to get out and ride in a group again. There's just so much more enthusiasm and fun when riding in a group vs. by yourself.
Then, after the weekend, I'm travelling again for two weeks, home in between :crap: Bright side is I think one week is a drive so I might be able to take one of my bikes with me.

dimsy
04-29-2011, 08:35 AM
well i have no bike plans for the weekend, yet, playing it by ear... but today was the first time i commuted to work by bicycle at the first job i've had which is bike friendly!

thegunner
04-29-2011, 09:04 AM
waiting on wheeeeeled goods to arrive, boxing up old wheeled goods to ship out to steve in slo :) no riding for me.

AngryScientist
04-29-2011, 09:10 AM
perfect weather scheduled for the weekend. big miles planned for all three days.

dinged my front wheel good last weekend, so my record wheelset is out of service - this is where the hoarding comes into play, score!

bicycletricycle
04-29-2011, 09:41 AM
i have been doing this 3.4 mile loop 4 or 5 times before or after work all week and trying to stretch a lot. My knee has been hurting a little lately so im still going to have to try and keep the miles low. I think I am going to try and do 30 miles saturday and 30 on sunday on the local bike paths. The weather has been excellent here this week. I hope it holds out.

gone
04-29-2011, 09:48 AM
We've been having godawful weather here in the frozen north (even some snowflakes yesterday!) but today looks like a winner. Headed out to do a hilly hundred+ miles because it's supposed to rain tomorrow :crap:

achurch
04-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Got an hour ride in this morning on my fixed gear with a few friends. Headed out this afternoon on a time trial bike just to get used to it.
Tomorrow morning will ride for a couple hours and then do an informal 15k time trial hosted by one of the local clubs.
Sunday morning riding to a crit off-island--about an hour each way.
Weather is warming up (finally). Nice to be out in just bibs for the first time this season.

Fixed: Is your son coming to McGill? If yes, I have a copy of the newspaper from a few months ago that highlights the music programs. If you send me an address will put it in the mail for you.

rickbb
04-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Just back from a 30 mile ride on my Poprad, mostly on pavement, in Bedford, NH, a lovely place to ride. Perfect day, sunny, high 60'sF, light wind.
Sue and I will ride both days at the coast, NH one day and ME the other. Finally, nice weather! :beer:

Aaron O
04-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Will have a brief and casual half hour ride at lunch...heading to the jewelry district to get something for my wife. After work I'm going to do a quick 15 miles before going home.

Saturday a ride out to ValleyForge Park and Sunday, time permitting, a ride out to see my parents in the burbs.

SoCalSteve
04-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Beautiful 71* weather here in sunny L.A.

Im gonna go for the maiden ride of my (new to me) Serotta custom HSG all carbon bike to the beach and back...maybe 25-30 miles.

Steve

kohlboto
04-29-2011, 11:22 AM
hitching up the Chariot and taking my son down to the park on Sunday...feed the ducks, play on the jungle gym, drink chocolate milk, and bask in some sunshine and warmth...(fingers crossed for the weather...)

Mr. Squirrel
04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
dear mr. bro,
my plans for this weekend are to watch this thread. i need new wheels. thank you mr bro!

mr. squirrel

vsefiream
04-29-2011, 12:33 PM
dear mr. bro,
my plans for this weekend are to watch this thread. i need new wheels. thank you mr bro!

mr. squirrel

Dear Mister Squirrel, please don't try to steal a set like this poor sap did:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bike/76039319/

A1CKot
04-30-2011, 08:35 AM
"Snow and gusty winds will lead to blizzard conditions at times. High 38F. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph"

Going to ride with the wind and see how fast I can go :rolleyes:.

rice rocket
04-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Um, wow!

Is that normal for this time of year?

Also, who/what do we fly out of Minot?

A1CKot
04-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Um, wow!

Is that normal for this time of year?

Also, who/what do we fly out of Minot?

From what I understand, yes. I have been told the only month that has no record of snow is August...

We have B-52s and missiles up here and another base south east in Grand Froks ND, but I here the weather isn't nearly as extreme there.

Hope everyone gets some miles in this weekend and enjoy them for me.

northbend
04-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Fixed, I hope you recover soon and get back in the saddle. I went out this morning a 40 mile fixed gear ride in the upper and lower snoqualmie valley and since you were on my mind while riding I decided you were there with me in spirit. Here are your souvenir pictures:
We were too busy having fun spinning down to Carnation so I didn't take pictures until we reached our turnaround point – The old Carnation Gas Station
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj140/northbend/P1010921.jpg
Limo free roads - just what the Dr ordered
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj140/northbend/P1010932.jpg
On the way back we enjoyed watching the farmers cultivating flowers in the lower valley
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj140/northbend/P1010933.jpg
I took you down Fish Hatchery Rd. to see the Wallabee farm. They were feeling rather lazy today and wouldn't pose for a picture.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj140/northbend/P1010934.jpg
We climbed back up into the upper valley and stopped to admire Snoqualmie Falls
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj140/northbend/P1010939.jpg
Mt Si dominates the upper valley. I took this picture for you at the millpond
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj140/northbend/P1010941.jpg

AngryScientist
04-30-2011, 05:25 PM
^^nice pics :beer:

Fixed
04-30-2011, 05:27 PM
thank you so much i can't tell you how happy those pictures make me feel
Jitensha Studio bars that is what i have i really like your bike it is much like my favorite bike that i will be riding when i get back it is like my bike was there ..your thoughts and pictures make me feel a lot better .. beautiful ride .
thanks northbend and to everyone for the great ride reports
cheers
butch