PDA

View Full Version : OT: How to sell a car like a Man's man.

legacysti888
04-27-2011, 05:24 PM
I read this ad and thought I'd share with you folks. Good copywriter.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/2346618796.html

OK, let me start off by saying this Miata is only available for purchase by the manliest of men (or women). My friend, if it was possible for a vehicle to sprout chest hair and a five o'clock shadow, this Miata would look like Tom Selleck. It is just that manly.

It was never intended to drive to the mall so you can pick up that adorable shirt at Abercrombie & Fitch that you had your eye on. It wasn't meant to transport you to yoga class or Bed Bath and Beyond. No, that's what your Prius is for, but still does get pretty good gas mileage. If that's the kind of car you're looking for, then just do us all a favor and stop reading right now. So if you can't handle being seen behind the wheel of this biblical, fire breathing, dragon slaying, nazi killing hero because it has a few purle hearts, move on.

This Miata was engineered by 3rd degree ninja pirate super-warriors in the highest mountains of Japan to serve the needs of the man that cheats death on a daily basis. They didn't even consider superfluous nancy boy amenities like navigation systems (real men don't get lost), heated leather seats (a real man doesn't let anything warm his butt), or On Star (real men don't even know what On Star is).

My price on this bad boy is an incredibly low $5,000 but I'll entertain reasonable offers. And by reasonable, I mean don't walk up and tell me you'll give me $500 for it. That's liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab. Would it hurt? Hell yeah. Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.

This car has the following:

**EXTERIOR**
- Clean Paint
- Hard top only w/defrost not hooked up
- Stock Rims
- Good Tires - 70% left

**INTERIOR**
- 2005 MSM miata interior
- Roll bar
- Boost Gauge
- EGT Gauge
- Power Windows
- New genuine Mazda AIR CONDITIONING!!! Gets Cold and don't need to refill like other people ????.
- Alpine Deck (old school)
- Soundstream Ref405 amp
- Eclipse point source speakers
- hook up your own sub and stuff

**ENGINE**
- 45K mile engine, just replaced about 2k miles ago. Old engine was tired, I can give that to you to for rebuild.
- BEGI Cast Manifold
- BEGI 2.5" Downpipe
- Garrett T3 turbo, running only 6psi of boost right now
- Turbo XS BOV
- 450cc injectors just cleaned and flowed about 5k miles ago
- Intercooler, 2" hot side, 2.5" cold side
- Coolant Reroute with custom piping
- Huge Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
- Megasquirt ECU controlling everything except idle, OEM ECU controlling idle
- 323GTX Valve Cover, all powder coated a wrinkle black, Red letter, looks really nice
- Tsudo 2.5" exhaust, no cat and pretty quiet cause of turbo
- Coil on plug ignition
- Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2 Sensor

**DRIVE TRAIN**
- Chassis has about 180k
- 1.8L Brakes front and rear.
- 97 Transmission, shifts great, Redline Gear Oil
- Tilton double disc 7" clutch with BUF spring good for 400+lb ft torque
- Custom Lightened Flywheel machined to make tilton clutch work.
- 94 1.8L Diff, I'll give you a spare with all new parts
- Energy Suspension Bushings
- Tein Flex Suspension 7/6
- Motor mounts = 1 MMR Solid mount, 1 OEM mount, will come with extra of each mount.

This car got the goods. Now, go look in the mirror and tell me what you see. If it's a rugged, no holds barred, super brute he-man macho Chuck Norris stunt double, then reply to this ad. I might be out hang-gliding or BASE jumping or just chilling with my lady, but shoot me an email and I'll get back to you. And when I do, we'll talk over a nice glass of Mickey's while we listen to Johnny Cash.

climbgdh
04-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Ha..... A friend send me a link to a CL posting a few weeks ago almost identical to this one except it was for some model of Subaru. Funny stuff none the less. :)

Idris Icabod
04-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Very funny but I've always thought a Miata was a lady car. But then what do I know we just bought a minivan.

William
04-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Very funny but I've always thought a Miata was a lady car. But then what do I know we just bought a minivan.

A minivan!!! You need a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up Serotta F1 fork eye-jab. Would it hurt? Hell yeah. Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Stones concert anymore.

:p

William

avalonracing
04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
You need a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up Serotta F1 fork eye-jab.

Oh man, I hate it when that happens...

Idris Icabod
04-27-2011, 08:56 PM
A minivan!!! You need a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up Serotta F1 fork eye-jab. Would it hurt? Hell yeah. Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Stones concert anymore.

:p

William

Nothing can be worse than driving a minivan but kids take up way more room now compared to when I was a kid.

vsefiream
04-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Nothing can be worse than driving a minivan but kids take up way more room now compared to when I was a kid.
Tell me about it!! When I was a kid my parents had an LTD II

vsefiream
04-27-2011, 09:02 PM
I read this ad and thought I'd share with you folks. Good copywriter.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/2346618796.html

OK, let me start off by saying this Miata is only available for purchase by the manliest of men (or women).
- Megasquirt ECU controlling everything except idle, OEM ECU controlling idle

A real manly man would have been able to properly set up a Megasquirt!!
Sorry couldn't help it, closet muscle car fan/owner here

Idris Icabod
04-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Tell me about it!! When I was a kid my parents had an LTD II

3 of us sat on tools in the back of one of my Dad's work vans, we didn't even have a car. I know which plumbing tools offered the least painful seat.