PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Jersey Purchase and Accessories--Update and THE LAST poll

BumbleBeeDave
04-24-2011, 08:18 PM
UPDATE AS OF 4-29 . . . Our vendor will be VERGE. They combine a variety of advantages in quality, cut and size availability, pricing, and covenience of ordering and delivery. I own Verge gear myself and really like it and I have had nothing but great testimonials from several local groups about their service and quality. They have a great variety of items available and three cuts--Race, Sport, and Club and sizes for women.

I have had detailed discussions with them and we are moving ahead on supplying detailed vector art designs to them to move forward. Once that is done, I will post detailed final art renderings here on the forum and you will be given a link to an ordering page at BikeReg.com.

Each order will likely include a small service fee to cover their handling and shipping expenses to you. It is very reasonable and if I had handled shipping you would have all had to send me money to cover that anyway.

We're looking good so far!

--Dave

I have a vendor and will be discussing details of ordering and pricing with them tomorrow. It's all coming together!

I am planning to take advantage of their ordering system to post a dedicated order page on BikeReg.com where you will be able to order individually, pay with a credit card and have the merchandise shipped directly to you. Assuming I can get the arrangement I want with them tomorrow I will have vendor name and other details in the next few days.

At this point it looks like we easily have enough serious buyers to make their minimums on jerseys--and likely bibs--in both colors.

Now the next big question that I need feedback on before going forward--ACCESSORIES! My thoughts at this time are to offer vests, arm warmers, and knee warmers if there is enough interest. This seems to be the most flexible combo, given that our chances are very small of meeting their minimums for tights, knickers, or long sleeve jerseys or jackets.

Do we have enough interest in buying vests, arm, or knee warmers to justify asking Jeanne to do designs for those? She has already been more than generous in her time and design expertise. I don't see any use in asking her to do additional accessory designs that might end up not getting used because not enough people want to buy in either color.

I am trying to structure this so as to get the best prices on all the items, though I can't have final prices for a few more days.

So here's the suggested alternative . . .

• Do the red jersey-bibs with a bright red.

• Do the black-white-silver jerseys-bibs with those colors.

• Do the accessory items with a combo design that is predominantly black-white-silver, but which also include some pinstripe work outlining the various color block areas in a dark red. This gives a hint of red that would make the accessories match the red kit, but the darker red would not be so obvious as to detract from the black-white-silver kit.

I am suggesting this because, based on feedback so far, I strongly doubt we have enough interest to support vendor minimums for the accessories in either distinct color. Please vote in the multiple vote poll. I am trying hard to make sure this is the LAST poll!

I realize this has taken a while, but I want to try hard to set this up so that everybody gets a selection of clothing they will be proud to wear and that will look really, really COOL.

I really appreciate your patience and cooperation! Thanks!

BBD

Louis
04-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Dave,

What would be the material of the knee-warmers?

If they aren't wool, would they be the articulated type, or the basic tube type?

That would affect my response.

Louis

BumbleBeeDave
04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Good question! Here's the description from their web site . . .

Our knee warmers are designed to help you regulate your core temperature for optimum performance. Easily store them in your rear pocket and you will be prepared when weather conditions unexpectedly change. Silicon gripper will ensure they stay in place while our tagless labeling leaves nothing to irritate your skin! Customized with your graphics and logos or you can purchase them from our online store in many stock colors to complement your custom kit.

Material is Super Roubaix. Looks like they are tube type, NOT articulated.

Keep in mind these are knee warmers, NOT full leg warmers.

BBD

Elefantino
04-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Do we have to have the ghost logo? :confused:

A1CKot
04-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Hmm. I'm getting a little antsy. So much so that I searched the description of the knee warmers with no real luck. Maybe a guess but nothing solid. I look forward to the big announcement and I appreciate everything you are doing for us.

I think I'm only in for bibs and a jersey so do I vote for the last option?

edmoses
04-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Will you/your supplier be able to ship to the UK?

Ed

BumbleBeeDave
04-25-2011, 05:55 AM
Hmm. I'm getting a little antsy. So much so that I searched the description of the knee warmers with no real luck. Maybe a guess but nothing solid. I look forward to the big announcement and I appreciate everything you are doing for us.

. . . at all, then don't vote at all.

BBD

AngryScientist
04-25-2011, 05:59 AM
keep up the good work Dave.

BumbleBeeDave
04-25-2011, 06:17 AM
Do we have to have the ghost logo? :confused:

. . . what you mean by this?

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
04-25-2011, 06:17 AM
Will you/your supplier be able to ship to the UK?

Ed

. . . with the vendor.

BBD

dekindy
04-25-2011, 09:47 AM

I immediately did a Google search and it went directly and only to Capo which does not seem logical given their lead times and ordering process so patiently waiting like everyone else. Great work BTW by all involved.

Elefantino
04-25-2011, 09:55 AM
. . . what you mean by this?

BBD
Is the vendor de Gheest

BumbleBeeDave
04-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Is the vendor de Gheest

No.

1happygirl
04-25-2011, 06:33 PM
So is it my Georgie (Inkapie)?

hahah jk

BumbleBeeDave
04-25-2011, 07:08 PM
So is it my Georgie (Inkapie)?

hahah jk

No.

BBD

1happygirl
04-25-2011, 09:42 PM
No.

BBD
Awwww. :(
Is it my original suggestion...

rhymes with molar?

huh huh huh

BumbleBeeDave
04-26-2011, 05:33 AM
You can keep guessing, but no more answers until I can get an order in place and have FULL details to give everyone.

I'm working on it . . .

BBD

1happygirl
04-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Awwww, shucks.

Is it made in Rome?, and rhymes with Kokopelli?

Keith A
04-26-2011, 06:06 AM
You can keep guessing, but no more answers until I can get an order in place and have FULL details to give everyone.

I'm working on it . . .

BBDhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8

1happygirl
04-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Hahaha Keith
AN---TI----CI---PAY----tion...

Could it be....rhymes with Serge?

Pah Pah LLLEEZZ :confused:

LilBolt
04-29-2011, 11:54 PM
I voted once, but would be one for me, one for my husband.