PDA

View Full Version : It was GLORIOUS!

TMB
04-22-2011, 09:30 PM
I got to ride my bike OUTSIDE today.

My legs are gone. My Cardio seems to be MIA. I can now confirm that my Max HR is in fact right around the 195 range ( My HRM says I hit 194 this morning).

I stopped to look at one of the local rivers, there is absolutely NO sign at all of anything resembling spring run off.

There is fresh snow on the hills this morning.

But, and this is the important part ..

I seem to have successfully managed the transition from being a cyclist to being a fat guy with a nice bike.

I didn't even know it was happening, but there you are.

Matt-H
04-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Sounds like you're still smiling and happy! Does anything else really matter? :beer:

DRZRM
04-22-2011, 09:58 PM
I seem to have successfully managed the transition from being a cyclist to being a fat guy with a nice bike.

Welcome to the club, 24 miles in 90 minutes today, oh the shame. I felt like my bike was embarrassed for me. I do love my kids and think it has been totally worth it though.

tele
04-23-2011, 06:46 AM
I do love my kids and think it has been totally worth it though.
i was able to ride 12 miles with my 7 year old yesterday on a rail trail and it was awesome. so rewarding riding with him, pure joy! this doesnt explain the spare tire i always carry now though. :)

jghall
04-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Think I fit in that club too. Not much opportunity to get out much, but what a feeling it is when it happens. Though a bit ashamed how the jersey looks in the bloated belly section.