PDA

View Full Version : Friday fixie frolic ... in firginia

djg
06-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Any other layabouts, not committed to the open house, and not committed to regular working hours, want to do an easy 40-50 mile spin on Friday morning in NoVa?

Of all the early-childhood-parenting years this one has been the absolute worst for my mileage. I'm on the bike with reasonable frequency--if not as often as I'd like--but the rides are mostly really short ones, 15-20 miles in an hour I've stolen away from the hectic schedule, with few rides over 25 or so and nothing--June already and I mean NOTHING--over 50. So I'm going to start exploiting my somewhat more flexible summer schedule to sneak in some longer Friday morning rides. I'm starting this week with an easy roll out the W&OD, which is pretty quiet during work hours during the week. I need to get some more miles in the legs and I need to start whittling down the middle-aged-dad-spread. And, as you've probably gathered from the post, I wouldn't mind company. I'll be on the fixie, but you can ride any darn thing you want, provided it's not a scooter or one of those cursed segway things.

Any other goof-offs interested? If anybody wants to join me, send me a PM. School drop-off duties mean that I cannot start before 9:30, but from there on I'm flexible. I figure I'll try to do something like this most Fridays and will be glad to vary the routes.

Rapid Tourist
06-08-2005, 08:36 PM
djg, I'd be game for a fixie frolic on the W&OD sometime, but i have to work on Fridays. If you are up for a ride on a Saturday or Sunday sometime, let me know by PM or otherwise.

djg
06-08-2005, 09:40 PM
my keepers will let me out again for more than an hour or so. I'll let you know when I have a hall pass.