PDA

View Full Version : 3point5.com/ Promotive.com

Hank Scorpio
04-22-2011, 06:30 AM
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with either site and don't not receive any sort of compensation if you sign up. If the moderators feel this is in violation of any forum rules please delete this thread. I wont cry about it.

These two sites offer free memberships and significant savings to a variety of industry linked positions. They have a great amount of biking, both road and mountain, as well as skiing, hiking, hunting (boo) as well as footwear and other assorted do dads. They are sort of a third party that manu's use to entice employees to learn about product lines without having to sit through a costly PK session from the reps. They have short learning modules followed by a quick quiz. You can just click through the module and go straight to the tests. Most of the answers are intuitive.

3point5 has better discounts but you get a membership to both for free. If you are interested in joining I would go on their site and see if you are able to join.

Some of the participating manu's are Giro/ Bell sports, Manitou, Pearl, Craft, Ice Breaker, Sun Ringle, WTB etc.

I just thought I would pass this along as it isnt well advertised within the industry.

James

dsimon
04-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Im a Memeber.

JeremyS
04-22-2011, 10:14 AM
On one hand it's great for promoting product knowledge, on the other hand it turned getting industry discounts into a major pain in the ass.

I haven't been working for a known entity in the bike industry since back when ProMotive was a still BroForm but it kinda sucked then. Limited selection and so on.

Jawn P
04-22-2011, 10:32 AM
I think posting about EP prices on a public forum is bad form...

But that's just my two cents. I do take full advantage of 3point5 thought :banana:

Hank Scorpio
04-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Well it is not techically an EP program although some companies use it in lieu of and actual EP program.

I will edit my original post.

weiwentg
04-22-2011, 01:19 PM
So, does 3point5 essentially allow people who aren't actually sales reps to get sales rep-like training and then qualify for company discounts on those products? If so ... it does sound like it's in a gray area in terms of honesty/dishonesty.

RedRider
04-22-2011, 02:21 PM
3point5 is the EP program for most of these companies. Your company, say a bike shop, has to qualify to join, then you can participate for only those products that your company is authorized. The discount offered can vary based on the level of your company.

Gummee
04-22-2011, 05:52 PM
...and in theory you can only get discounts on stuff you actually sell.

M

dsimon
04-22-2011, 05:55 PM
IM in the military so theres my discount but Not everyone gives it to me promotive does but i think i only received 1 out door company from 3point 5. but theres no harmin trying to save as much money as you can as long as you use it legitimate and dont try to sell it off

WickedWheels
04-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Perhaps you should advertise it on an industry forum rather than a "public" forum like this one.