PDA

View Full Version : Northwave replacement buckles

rpm
04-21-2011, 10:04 AM
One of the ratchet closure buckles on my Northwave shoes is sticking and won't release. Does anyone know where to get a replacement? Sidi replacements are sold at bike shops, but I haven't seen Northwave.

ultraman6970
04-21-2011, 10:10 AM
The sidi might work or the shimano one. The buckles had a screw in the middle, some have 2.

I run onto the same question time ago and I noticed looking in the stores that the buckles might be similar and that I might get away putting one from another manufacturer like shimano or sidi. The same with the straps.

rpm
04-21-2011, 10:27 AM
The Northwave buckle has just one screw at the bottom. The Sidi might be a possibility because it appears to also have a screw at the bottom.

45K10
04-21-2011, 10:37 AM
If the sidi or shimano buckle works let me know. if not, I may have an extra northwave buckle I can send you.

Bytesiz
04-21-2011, 10:46 AM
I was able to buy some replacements at ProBikeKit.com about a year ago. However, I can't find them on their site any longer. They just changed the site around recently, and frankly, it's terrible so this might be my inability to navigate the darn thing.

Might be worth an email asking them if they can still get them.

rpm
04-21-2011, 11:30 AM
If the sidi or shimano buckle works let me know. if not, I may have an extra northwave buckle I can send you.

Thanks! I'll let you know if I can't work something out.

Charles M
04-21-2011, 01:27 PM
if that doesnt roll for you, let me know what model... I can email Northwave and probably get one.

What size are you?

rpm
04-21-2011, 03:32 PM
if that doesnt roll for you, let me know what model... I can email Northwave and probably get one.

What size are you?

Thanks, Pez! I'm riding size 48 Aerlites. I'll let you know if I need the new buckle.

Charles M
04-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Gotcha. I have a used set here but they're almost new and the wrong size... Too nice to pull the buckles off...

Pm me if needed and I'll get w north wave...