PDA

View Full Version : Roll call Tour d'Eugene

gasman
06-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Just so you know Vax and I are hoping to actually meet some of you fellow forumites in person. The Eugene rides start on Friday June 17th and I want to get a head count of who is coming so I can have the appropirate amount of food on hand.
You can send me a PM and I will give you directions to my house and my phone number if you need it.
Dave

alembical
06-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Dave,
I was hoping to be able to make it, but it is not looking good. That happens to be Father's Day weekend, and it looks like my Father will be out here staying with me that weekend. The timing just unfortunately does not work for me, but other than that, I would have loved to have been there.

I will let you know asap if anything changes.

Alembical

weisan
06-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Gas-pal & vax-pal, I would like to take a rain check if you don't mind. It has always been my heart's desire to visit the beautiful state of Oregon at some point in my lifetime. A few weeks ago I signed up for some free printed materials with an online Oregon state tourism advocacy travel site and they sent me a whole bunch of magazines and brochures featuring the many beautiful places around the state. Those lakes and mountain lookouts are U-N-R-E-A-L!!!

The wonders of God's creation.

weisan

gasman
06-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Sorry you guys can't attend. Look me up if you are ever in the Eugene area and want to ride.

bcm119
06-08-2005, 11:01 AM
If young whippersnappers are still welcome, I'm planning on at least the Saturday ride and any food and beer afterwards. I won't need a place to stay since I'm pretty close. Lately my knee has been giving me grief, so I haven't been riding on consecutive days. If its better by then I would consider Sunday as well.

I would love to do the old McKenzie Hwy ride, but if others would rather not I'm fine with that too. Looking forward to it.

gasman
06-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Great Brian- Good to have you join us. I''l send you a PM with my phone and address. I think Sat we will just ride from here. Old McKenzie is great but takes a bit more logistics to arrange.
Dave

vaxn8r
06-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Aw, come on guys. It's going to be a spectacular 3 days of riding. Guaranteed. You'll be talking about next year's edition by Sunday.

gasman...I don't want to rule out McKenzie Hwy just yet. It's worth the short drive and we have the vehicles to do it unless more than 10 or so show up...

wasfast
06-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I got the ok for Saturday. I'm planning on coming. I'm better with 70-80 instead of 100 miles, especially if it's hilly. Old, Fat guy.

shinomaster
06-09-2005, 04:12 PM
if I can get a ride down I stiill hope to go!! any rides available??

shino

Ozz
06-09-2005, 04:15 PM
I'll be doing "Tour de Blast" on Saturday, and then off camping at Lake Chelan thru the following week....

If there is a 2006 edition, I would love to hook up with some of you folks.

alembical
06-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Shino,
just toughen up and treat it as a warm-up. I-5 has a nice wide shoulder and if you leave real early in the morning around 2 or so, the traffic should not be too bad and you will be there in time and all warmed up and ready to roll. :banana:

Alembical

gasman
06-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Shino-buddy-
I hope you can make it down here. I sent you a PM. You don't have a car but you have 2 bikes?----good man !! :banana: