PDA

View Full Version : Ice breaker circuit bibs

Hank Scorpio
04-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Anyone have any experience with these bibs? I can get them for a really good price but if they are junk why bother. I know that pads are a very particular subject but just a general review of the quality of their products or how well they hold up would be appreciated.

Thanks
James

CNY rider
04-21-2011, 05:19 AM
Anyone have any experience with these bibs? I can get them for a really good price but if they are junk why bother. I know that pads are a very particular subject but just a general review of the quality of their products or how well they hold up would be appreciated.

Thanks
James

No experience with the bibs but the brand is known for high quality goods.
I bet the bibs are worth a try. :beer:

ahumblecycler
04-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Looks interesting ... wonder which pad the bib shorts has ... any ideas?

AngryScientist
04-21-2011, 08:24 AM
wow, i love their stuff, i didnt even know they made bibs, i'll definitely be checking a set of these out. thanks for the info.

Hank Scorpio
04-21-2011, 10:41 AM
They dont show the pad on their own site but if you go to Realcyclist.com they have more views. The pad looks like a good quality synthetic pad. I guess I will try them out too.

James

TMB
04-21-2011, 05:56 PM
The store I buy Icebreaker product did not have these in stock, so I ordered a pair about a week ago.

I picked them up today.

Good quality Merino, full length wear pad up the bibs on the outside to prevent premature wear on the wool.

Good quality, heavy weight grippers and nice mesh bib.

The Chamois pad is a very good quality pad and I think will be fine. Well shaped.

Flatlock stitching on all seams looks very well done.

I'm thinking there are likely to be few complaints.

Scott Shire
04-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Great username, James!

I have been beyond satisfied with any icebreaker clothing I've ever bought. High quality, wears well, and looks great.

How much is retail?

TMB
04-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Great username, James!

I have been beyond satisfied with any icebreaker clothing I've ever bought. High quality, wears well, and looks great.

How much is retail?

I assume this is addressed to me? If so ..... Do I know you??

Send me a PM if you prefer.

I am hesitant to give the retail number - for many reasons.

I will say this - it is less than I have paid for Rapha bibs (which I have a very high opinion of) and in the same ballpark as PI Pro and others at that level.

Does that help?

JeffS
04-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Any thoughts on longevity?

I have quite a few wool tops, including icebreaker, but I don't typically wash them with every use, and my commuting tops get washed once a week.

I like the idea of wool tights, but knowing I'm going to wash them every time, I would guess that the true cost of these tights ends up being multiples higher than anything else.

Scott Shire
04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
I assume this is addressed to me? If so ..... Do I know you??

Send me a PM if you prefer.

I am hesitant to give the retail number - for many reasons.

I will say this - it is less than I have paid for Rapha bibs (which I have a very high opinion of) and in the same ballpark as PI Pro and others at that level.

Does that help?

Not addressed to you; OP is named James - and has a KILLER username!

The information provided helps as I was just looking for a ballpark. I'll try something new -- especially from Icebreaker -- but not at that price range.

tsarpepe
04-22-2011, 03:05 PM
With no intention of hijacking the thread, may I jump in and ask quickly how is the sizing on Icebreaker tops? I am particularly interested in the length of sleeves, as my arms are long. Are they true to size?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for the side track.

JeffS
04-22-2011, 04:25 PM
With no intention of hijacking the thread, may I jump in and ask quickly how is the sizing on Icebreaker tops? I am particularly interested in the length of sleeves, as my arms are long. Are they true to size?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for the side track.

I don't even know what true to size means when you size by s/m/l/xl. Nothing ever fits right for long-armed people, and icebreaker is no exception.

Icebreaker stuff with a thumb loop will likely still be a hair short of normal, which means it's really several inches shorter than it "should" be.

Ibex has longer sleeves, and better feeling wool - though they tend to be less stylish.

tsarpepe
04-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Darn! I knew it...