PDA

View Full Version : How many jerseys?

Spinsistah
06-07-2005, 12:05 PM
I have too much time on my hands too. :) How many jerseys do you own?

I have 14.

My boyfriend (SO) has around 40 jerseys. He's metrosexual:

"An urban male with a strong aesthetic sense who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle."

Too many pair of shoes (around 40), too many high end clothes, skin care system, etc.

But he's cute and he always smells good. :)

Kevan
06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm guessing 10 jerseys for myself.

Smiley
06-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Spin , its no wonder opposites attract , You and Sandy would be a perfect match . I think Sandee has only 2 jerseys and they are both Blue . And he's not sexual metro or not :)
ps: how do you date a metrosexual and live in Cincy

Spinsistah
06-07-2005, 12:32 PM
ps: how do you date a metrosexual and live in Cincy

You're obviously familiar with our infamous city. :) It's tough dating someone that has more clothing, shoes and haircare products than I do - but then, I never, ever have to remember to take any of these things with me on a trip.

He's going to do his first crit tomorrow night on his Pinarello Dogma, of course, he has the Pinarello jersey in the perfect shade of blue to match, socks, and even shoes. He'll look great even when he doesn't win!

He also shaves his legs. But I'm finding out in the world of cycling that isn't too terribly unusual for men.

Climb01742
06-07-2005, 12:53 PM
a crit on a dogma? ouch. pray he doesn't lay that puppy down.

Ginger
06-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Um...somewhere around 40...not yet 50...I think...um...maybe 50...somewhere in there...

That includes long sleeved jerseys for winter riding and some I rarely wear anymore...

Heck, if I commute all week, do trail rides, *and* ride on the weekend I can get 14 or more jerseys dirty in a week...and I hate to do laundry. Better off just having a few more. :)

I almost have enough shorts and knickers I could go two weeks without doing laundry!

Are you trying to get us to recognize a weakness?

C'mon BBDave, fess up. Just how many team kits do you have laying around?

Spinsistah
06-07-2005, 01:22 PM

It would be a very, very sad moment if he went down. For all my funning, I think he has a good chance of doing well, he's very strong. The Dogma is a great ride, you just step on the gas and it takes off.

He also has a Cannondale R2000 he could ride. He had a great Cannondale, CAAD7 R5000, but I had my Serotta hanging on the wall above it, the rack let go, and it landed on the C-dale denting the top tube. They're pretty fragile, the bike was around 16lb. built up. It was a very unhappy moment. I told him we could report it to the insurance company and see what happens, but that has yet to be done.

sg8357
06-07-2005, 01:39 PM

Or get run over by a Kharma, (audience groans)

C5 Crit bike, MX-Leader with Veloce, stout heavy, crushes beer can bikes
in pile ups.

Scott G.

Spinsistah
06-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Or get run over by a Kharma, (audience groans)

C5 Crit bike, MX-Leader with Veloce, stout heavy, crushes beer can bikes
in pile ups.

Scott G.

Hi Scottie,

Are you riding tonight? Don't spread the word about the crit, you know what he did the last time I opened my mouth :)

Steph

bcm119
06-07-2005, 01:47 PM
40 jerseys? Holy crap. I have about 5. I wear them each about 5 times before washing them.

40 pairs of shoes...for a male...I won't comment. :rolleyes:

Spinsistah
06-07-2005, 01:52 PM
40 jerseys? Holy crap. I have about 5. I wear them each about 5 times before washing them.

40 pairs of shoes...for a male...I won't comment. :rolleyes:

I think he must be related to Amelda Marcos, so I can attribute it to genetics. ;)

Sandy
06-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Only one. I ride on alternate days of the week, and spray paint it a new color and let it dry on the days that I am not riding. :)

I am buying one additional jersey- A blue one with a large S on both the front and the rear. It will be for the exclusive use by Superman, Superwoman, Stephanie, and Sandy. Smiley will not be allowed to wear it. Neither will Ben Serotta. Well maybe Ben Serotta. But that is just a maybe. A little maybe at that. :)

Sandy

Kevan
06-07-2005, 01:59 PM
might as well be a bull's eye...

Spinsistah
06-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Only one. I ride on alternate days of the week, and spray paint it a new color and let it dry on the days that I am not riding. :)

I am buying one additional jersey- A blue one with a large S on both the front and the rear. It will be for the exclusive use by Superman, Superwoman, Stephanie, and Sandy. Smiley will not be allowed to wear it. Neither will Ben Serotta. Well maybe Ben Serotta. But that is just a maybe. A little maybe at that. :)

Sandy

Sandy, that's super duper special of you to include me. I'll even wash it out after I wear it. How about Spiderman, does he get to wear it too?

Stephanie aka Spinsistah aka Spin aka Stephspinsis aka Spiderwoman aka Super Sandy's queen of the other world

Sandy
06-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Spiderman is not allowed to wear the jersey. Spiderman is good, but not good enough. It is only for Steph, Sandy, Superman, Superwoman, and maybe Ben Serotta, but that is a really, really small possibility for Ben Serotta.

Power to the Poodles

Power to the S People

BumbleBeeDave
06-07-2005, 02:42 PM
. . . I'm going to have to go count mine, then deliberately undercount so noone will make fun of me.

But at least mine are all pretty tasteful, unlike Spinsistah's latest eBay acquisition . . . :eek:

BumbleBeeDave, Fashion Slave ;)

Ginger
06-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Dave,

You *KNOW* You'd love to wear that outfit.

But at least you have the taste to know you wouldn't fill it out correctly.

Spinsistah
06-07-2005, 02:52 PM
. . . I'm going to have to go count mine, then deliberately undercount so noone will make fun of me.

But at least mine are all pretty tasteful, unlike Spinsistah's latest eBay acquisition . . . :eek:

BumbleBeeDave, Fashion Slave ;)

Dave, where oh where can I possibly put my Cliff bars, keys, etc. in that outfit? BTW, Ginger, he might fill it out better than I could.............LOL!

BumbleBeeDave
06-07-2005, 02:56 PM
. . . to store all those items. It's worked for women for years . . . :rolleyes:

BBDave

Spinsistah
06-07-2005, 03:32 PM
I can stash anything I carry in my pockets behind the headband. And if I can get my hair big enough, I can carry everyone else's stuff too!

Ozz
06-07-2005, 03:32 PM
...BTW, Ginger, he might fill it out better than I could.............LOL!

oh....that is just mean....anyone know where Dave can get a "manssiere"...or is it a "bro"?? ;)

BTW - a dozen or so jerseys....only wear about 4 - 5 favorites...

dehoopta
06-07-2005, 08:09 PM
SpinSistah,

I thought it was you when you mentioned the jerseys, Cincinnati and the Dogma. By the way, your metrosexual S.O. is my hero! Once he showed me his new cell phone, I found my hero. In order to emulate him, my wife bought me a pair of Assos, but she won't let me shave my legs.....yet.

Tell him good luck from the new Black Serotta.

by the way, Scott told me you got a new Bike!!!!!! You leapfrogged right past the Legend to the Ottrott. Your my hero too!

BumbleBeeDave
06-07-2005, 08:20 PM
. . . 44.

But a few of the old ones are of questionable wearability.

Sheesh. Now I feel like the dbrk of jerseys. :rolleyes:

BBDave

BumbleBeeDave
06-07-2005, 08:22 PM
. . . <<I can stash anything I carry in my pockets behind the headband.>>

Uh, that’s not EXACTLY the spot I had in mind. Go a little bit lower. :beer:

BBDave

pale scotsman
06-07-2005, 08:26 PM
5 right now that are wearable, but I hardly ever wear them. I'm a fred and wear cotton t shirts most of the time.

BumbleBeeDave
06-07-2005, 08:28 PM
. . . and that’s the important thing . . .

BBD

molly22
06-07-2005, 08:38 PM
in my expericence, one needs to wear durable sweat wicking shirts, biking/running. coupled with a good deodorant, it does matter.

BumbleBeeDave
06-07-2005, 08:54 PM
. . . he’s out to excercise, not pick up women. Of course, I could be wrong . . . :rolleyes: ;)

BBDave

Spinsistah
06-07-2005, 10:08 PM
SpinSistah,

I thought it was you when you mentioned the jerseys, Cincinnati and the Dogma. By the way, your metrosexual S.O. is my hero! Once he showed me his new cell phone, I found my hero. In order to emulate him, my wife bought me a pair of Assos, but she won't let me shave my legs.....yet.

Tell him good luck from the new Black Serotta.

by the way, Scott told me you got a new Bike!!!!!! You leapfrogged right past the Legend to the Ottrott. Your my hero too!

It just has to be you, I can't recall anyone else with a new Black Serotta - of course, now that you have that new Black Beauty, you ride soooo fast I don't see you except at breakfast! So Jim sucked you in with the cell phone, the Razor. Did you know Scottie is on this forum too? He posted something on this thread this afternoon. Saw him at the ride tonight. Boy was it ever, ever hot. Don't want to bore the other great folks on this forum with this stuff, so I'll see you soon. The Ottrott arrives tomorrow.

Spinsistah
06-07-2005, 10:17 PM
. . . <<I can stash anything I carry in my pockets behind the headband.>>

Uh, that’s not EXACTLY the spot I had in mind. Go a little bit lower. :beer:

BBDave

What am I going to do with you? It just won't work! I'm tall and slender - not the well-endowed type like Wonder Woman.

Ginger
06-08-2005, 08:17 AM
You could probably slip a few power bars in the bracelets...I'm sure that's what Dave meant.

csb
06-08-2005, 09:16 AM
look close _ embedded in THAT crevice is a very happy spectrum ...

flydhest
06-08-2005, 09:22 AM
It would be a very, very sad moment if he went down.

The first woman I've ever heard say this . . . go figure.

Sandy
06-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Shameful!! Absolutely Shameful!! :)

Shameless Serotta Sandy

Ginger
06-08-2005, 09:32 AM
No Fly...if he went down in the race, not only would he be switch hitting, he'd be changing teams! VERY SAD.

Spinsistah
06-08-2005, 09:39 AM
The first woman I've ever heard say this . . . go figure.

LOL! I almost choked on my coffee............ :)

flydhest
06-08-2005, 10:23 AM
No Fly...if he went down in the race, not only would he be switch hitting, he'd be changing teams! VERY SAD.

. . . but it would be an amazing display of balance and bike handling skills, no?

Ginger
06-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Coffee ABUSE! Don't let fly hear that...

Hmmm...fly...I hear you've got pretty good balance and bike handling skills...
;)

:banana:

csb
06-08-2005, 10:25 AM
bikes gone wild

flydhest
06-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Coffee ABUSE! Don't let fly hear that...

Hmmm...fly...I hear you've got pretty good balance and bike handling skills...
;)

:banana:

would it be a cunning use of lingo to refer to that sort of bicycle racing as a c1iterium?

One lap and you're licked?

csb
06-08-2005, 10:52 AM
a healthy application of chamois creme

BumbleBeeDave
06-08-2005, 10:56 AM
. . . I heard you were in the running to replace Greenspan. If you do, then I truly fear for our country . . . :eek:

But at least your reports to Congress will make very interesting listening . . . :rolleyes:

BBDave

csb
06-08-2005, 10:59 AM
this is ALL tongue in cheek(s)

weisan
06-08-2005, 11:09 AM
The only way we can get fly and csb to engage in any meaningful discussion is to start talking abot' body parts... :rolleyes:

csb
06-08-2005, 11:22 AM
spanning the globe(s)

Ginger
06-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Fly...that would only work for women's races...

I assume Spinsistah's SO is male...

OH...and I counted last night. 47 jerseys, 23 pairs of matched socks. (trying to get the thread back to it's original question...)

Smiley
06-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Fly , csb , Ginger and Spin , the best and I mean the best stuff I've read on the boards in a long time . This will make the high light tapes .
Fly , you better get home and see the Doc , looks like you've inhaled too much wacky tobacco down in Raleigh .
ps: have you scored me tickets to Maryland - Duke in Cameron yet :banana:

csb
06-08-2005, 11:51 AM
eye reside in jersey

Ginger
06-08-2005, 12:01 PM
not in *MY* jersey you don't!

weisan
06-08-2005, 12:05 PM
eye reside in jersey
csb-pal and fly-pal, I have signed you both up for this very educational and highly interactive exhibition that involves lots of hands-on and close up intimacy with the human body:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/06/08/grossology/index.html

Ginger
06-08-2005, 12:20 PM
So Weisan...how many jerseys?

weisan
06-08-2005, 12:41 PM
So Weisan...how many jerseys?

Too embarrassed to say.... ;)

When I first started riding a road bike back 20 years ago, I faced "parental objection" so I was a little bit lacking, shall we say, in the equipment department. ;) Well, finally I saved up enough money and also got tired of riding around in t-shirts and baggy-shorts so I bought my very first cycling jersey (http://alicehui.com/serotta/shimano_jersey.html). It's actually very comfortable and the wicking material is just FANTASTIC. To be honest, up until today, I did not find another jersey that is as comfortable as this one. I am actually still using it even today although a little bit of rust has developed over the zipper and I had mended one of the backpockets that is torn out with some amateur needlework but overall it's holding up pretty well. I stopped riding for about 10 years and then picked it up again four years ago, that's when I bought myself second set of jersey (Nashbar-brand). Between that and the shimano jersey, I managed to stay clean and dry for every ride (2~3 times a week) because I got into the habit of washing the cycling clothes up right after every ride and hang them up to dry. Since then, I have accumulated about 8-9 pairs of jersey and 4~5 pairs of shorts, I didn't do an exact count but just recalling over my memory. Some of which were bought on eBay, others from online sites. A couple of older model Pearl Izumis and the latest from Sugoi through my company sports team.

So, that's my story. Nothing spectacular...almost embarrassing...but stuck to the main thread Steph.-pal started I did. :p

weisan

RichMc
06-08-2005, 12:58 PM
You bunch of perverts! :banana: :banana: Just another reason I like this bunch.

14 jerseys. I suddenly feel "less than". Wait a sec. I didn't count the long sleeve one. Now it's 15. I feel much better.

Spinsistah
06-08-2005, 02:11 PM
eye reside in jersey

There's no room for you to reside in the Wonder Woman jersey - it's fairly well occupied from the picture. :)

Ginger, my SO is a guy, but is in touch with his "feminine" side - hence the 40 pair of shoes, haircare and skincare products, etc. I can send a picture if someone would tell me how to attach jpg photos. Of the 40 pair of shoes, that is.

Fly, I shouldn't encourage this, but............good handling skills, balance - bet you can go "lickety" split around the "C1iterium". :)

Smiley
06-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Spin....we need to have you and Mr Metro come down to the Nations Capitol and ride with us crazies from Merry Land sometime . Fact is why don't you hijack the car and drive up to the Open House and ride with us this weekend.

Ginger
06-08-2005, 03:31 PM
See now Spin? You're encouraging *Smiley*.

Flydhest doesn't need any encouragement...he's in a class of his own.

Spinsistah
06-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Spin....we need to have you and Mr Metro come down to the Nations Capitol and ride with us crazies from Merry Land sometime . Fact is why don't you hijack the car and drive up to the Open House and ride with us this weekend.

Would love to come to the Open House, but it won't work out this year. I'm planning on coming next year, and we'll have a great time. I'll bring Mr. Metro, but not the 40 jerseys or shoes! Only the ones that match the Dogma. Merryland might not be a bad drive sometime this summer.

Hey, I got my Ottrott frame today - it's just beautiful. I spent the morning "bonding" with it - washed it with Dawn dishwashing soap and then used a Pledge lemon wax wipe to polish it. I'm dropping it at the Serotta LBS Tuesday, should have it back next Friday.

Now we can play name the frame! :)

flydhest
06-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Steph,

What you see on the forum is light duty compared to riding with us in person. You're warned :)

Of course, if we misbehave too badly, you could bring down some Skyline Chili and make us eat it.

You will, I assume, post pictures of the Ottrott pronto, no?

Spinsistah
06-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Steph,

What you see on the forum is light duty compared to riding with us in person. You're warned :)

Of course, if we misbehave too badly, you could bring down some Skyline Chili and make us eat it.

You will, I assume, post pictures of the Ottrott pronto, no?

I will bring you Graeter's ice cream - it's wonderful. I don't like Skyline either, it's thin and tasteless - real chili is robust with beans and makes you break into a light sweat.

I will happily post photos if someone can tell me how to do it.

Mr. Metro finished the race, didn't get dropped, but didn't win. He's just happy he finished since it's his first crit. Another guy from our group raced too. They're every Wednesday evening. We had a good time watching them sweat it out on the laps.

neverraced
06-09-2005, 04:43 PM
It would be a very, very sad moment if he went down. For all my funning, I think he has a good chance of doing well, he's very strong. The Dogma is a great ride, you just step on the gas and it takes off.

He also has a Cannondale R2000 he could ride. He had a great Cannondale, CAAD7 R5000, but I had my Serotta hanging on the wall above it, the rack let go, and it landed on the C-dale denting the top tube. They're pretty fragile, the bike was around 16lb. built up. It was a very unhappy moment. I told him we could report it to the insurance company and see what happens, but that has yet to be done.

Real men know wall anchors, not hair care products. Prepare yourself for the worst.

spiderman
06-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Spiderman is not allowed to wear the jersey. Spiderman is good, but not good enough. It is only for Steph, Sandy, Superman, Superwoman, and maybe Ben Serotta, but that is a really, really small possibility for Ben Serotta.

Power to the Poodles

Power to the S People

i had not read this thread
because i was worried i had too many...
and was feeling a bit guilty about being
a materialistic superhero...
...and now i come to realize that i
truly am not worthy...
well, at least i have one jersey
for every day of the week:
monday: tour de kota 2005
tuesday: ragbrai 2005
wednesday: tour de france/us flag
thursday: okoboji expedition company
friday: serotta owner's club
saturday: espresso coffee beans
sunday: spiderman!
obtw,
i wore my spidey jersey to clinic today...
but only wore it in the exam room
when seeing my very best spidey fans (4)!
so, superstar superhero serotta sandy,
would i be good enough to wear THE jersey
if i let you wear my spidey jersey...
...after a century ride?!?
that's how my jersey was given to me
in the first place...
...sweaty and smelly from my brother-in-law!

Spinsistah
06-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Real men know wall anchors, not hair care products. Prepare yourself for the worst.

Well, the truth of the matter is I HUNG THE RACK. My bad.

flydhest
06-09-2005, 08:23 PM

all you're doing is giving me softballs for bawdy humor. First, you're talking about you SO going down, now your talking about your rack.

BumbleBeeDave
06-09-2005, 08:34 PM
. . . beat me to it. This is too easy. No challenge at all. Makes me feel like such a--BOOB! :rolleyes: ;) :beer: :banana:

BBDave

csb
06-09-2005, 08:47 PM
i'm waiting to hear what they do with their tea bags

flydhest
06-09-2005, 08:55 PM
csb,

She checks to see if they have a giggle response. She doesn't jump right in, but gives them a test tickle first.

Ginger
06-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I was gonna say something about Spinsistah's rack being hung...but it was such a gimme I thought Fly would take care of that for me...

What Flydhest, isn't the challenge great enough?

Spinsistah
06-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Great minds think alike, and I can see that those of us that do so are all in the gutter together - it's so nice having good company.

neverraced
06-09-2005, 10:18 PM

No real man would even dream of letting someone else hang the rack, especially when the bike is involved. Wise up. Sure, it's Cincinnati and there's not a lot of talent to draw on, but doesn't Pete Rose have some illegitimate sons running around that you could hook up with? Some guys who don't cancel their ride if their socks don't match their bar tape? Heartache and misery await you.

BumbleBeeDave
06-10-2005, 07:06 AM
I built my entire house myself. I bathe only once a week. When I’m not riding I sit around in my underwear, chomping cheet-ohs, scratching myself, and alternating between staring at NASCAR on the big screen and, uh, “reading” the latest issue of Hustler.

I am a REAL man! Come and get me, Baby!

BBDave, aka “Tough Man!”

Ginger
06-10-2005, 07:32 AM
I dunno...I can see the attraction of a Mr. Metro. It's nice when a guy makes an effort. I mean, I can change my own oil, I remodeled the kitchen doing all the labor myself or with a little help. (Building the cabinets from scratch? I borrowed my dad for a bit...and I don't do much electrical work. I like what electricity can do for me, but I don't like what it can do *to* me!) And I usually follow my own sense of style when I walk out the door... But who needs to stop and check to make sure their guy didn't make a major ugly wardrobe decision before you go out at night? Do you know how hard that is to deal with? Men have SUCH fragile egos when it comes to what they put on...they'll never ask if something makes them look fat, but if you merely suggest that *perhaps* their ensemble is a touch off...the results are just as bad as answering the fat question wrong.

Personally, I wouldn't trust anyone to hang the rack that *my* bike was hanging on! (Yep, there's a personality flaw for ya) And I certainly wouldn't use a wall anchor, sure, they work for picture frames, but my bike? I think not. Bolt that rack direct to the studs baby. And yeah...I tend to over-engineer things as well.

More power to ya Spinsistah, and congrats on finding a guy who can match his *own* socks! If he can cook you've got it made!

Dr. Doofus
06-10-2005, 07:46 AM
wife ongoing attempted long term metro-i-zation

doof countered with Golden Retriever (mud factor)

wife slowly adapts

time for the Lab

more time for dogs

=

less time for froo-froo

(all bets off if dog is froo-froo)

(ofdo not manly, just geeky)

Spinsistah
06-10-2005, 08:38 AM
I dunno...I can see the attraction of a Mr. Metro. It's nice when a guy makes an effort. I mean, I can change my own oil, I remodeled the kitchen doing all the labor myself or with a little help. (Building the cabinets from scratch? I borrowed my dad for a bit...and I don't do much electrical work. I like what electricity can do for me, but I don't like what it can do *to* me!) And I usually follow my own sense of style when I walk out the door... But who needs to stop and check to make sure their guy didn't make a major ugly wardrobe decision before you go out at night? Do you know how hard that is to deal with? Men have SUCH fragile egos when it comes to what they put on...they'll never ask if something makes them look fat, but if you merely suggest that *perhaps* their ensemble is a touch off...the results are just as bad as answering the fat question wrong.

Personally, I wouldn't trust anyone to hang the rack that *my* bike was hanging on! (Yep, there's a personality flaw for ya) And I certainly wouldn't use a wall anchor, sure, they work for picture frames, but my bike? I think not. Bolt that rack direct to the studs baby. And yeah...I tend to over-engineer things as well.

More power to ya Spinsistah, and congrats on finding a guy who can match his *own* socks! If he can cook you've got it made!
Thanks Ginger!

When I initially hung the rack, it was fine, stayed put for over a year. I thought I had it in the studs, but we got a ton of rain last fall and the drywall in the garage absorbed some of the moisture in the air - out came the bolts.

I do a ton of stuff myself too, you have to or it costs a fortune for contractors. Mr. Metro moved in with me last fall and it's nice having him here. Of course, I had to give him his own walk-in closet and bathroom for his stuff. :) He's an excellent cook, well read, and I never, ever have to worry about what he wears when we go out. His style is impeccable. He probably spends more money on stuff than he should, but is anyone perfect? (Well, maybe BBDave who keeps abreast of most activities). :)

Ginger
06-10-2005, 09:26 AM
I think Dave would like a breast, but first he'd have to once again, find someone to date.

And Doof, I've adopted my mother's attitude when going anywhere with anyone: "You're comfortable in that? Ok, let's go."

Geeks have their own purposes in life...what I can't figure out is how flydhest can be such a geek and still so stylish. Other than the coffee fixation, the Doctor is a lucky woman!

flydhest
06-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I'll take that as a compliment . . . I think.

flyd--geek-alicious--hest