PDA

View Full Version : Rotor Cranks by Cervelo

norcalbiker
04-18-2011, 12:06 PM
My buddy need to replace his cranksets and he is asking me about the Rotor Crank by Cervelo.

Is it worth the money?

I don't know the answer since I don't have any experience with the product. Anyone here have any experience with the product?

TIA

firerescuefin
04-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Rotor cranks are not by Cervelo, they are their own company. Google Rotor Crank reviews and you'll get lots of opinions...most good. You can also get compatible Rotor rings for most cranksets if you do not want to go with the entire crank/ring package.

bocarider
04-18-2011, 12:24 PM
I just got them on a Quarq spider with SRAM red chainrings. It's interesting, when you push down on them, the bike goes forward. If you don't they still look really cool.

Kidding aside, it is a nice looking crankset and they feel fine. I did not go for the ovalized rings as I was not sure that I would like them and, with what I was paying for the Quarq, I wanted to get chainrings that I knew I would be OK with for everyday use.

rice rocket
04-18-2011, 12:33 PM
The Rotor cranks being used on the Cervelos are also BBright, which won't work without adapters and stuff into BB30 frames. It won't work on BSA frames at all iirc.

norcalbiker
04-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Good to know all these. I'll forward this thread to him.

Joachim
04-18-2011, 01:14 PM
I have a Rotor 3D crankset (the BSA one), steel spindle. Same reason as above, got it to go with my Quarq power meter. It's just as good/bad as any other high end crankset. Stiff enough (not sure I can detect differences between my previous Chorus 11 carbon or the Rotor3D), I use it with a 7900 BB.

bkboom123
04-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Not sure if this an option for your friend, but I have heard nothing but great things about cannondale hollowgram cranks. Prob about the same price.....just sayin'

jpw
04-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Rotor is Spanish.

roundabout
04-18-2011, 08:45 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about the Rotor 3D cranks. Whether you plan on using them with Q-rings is a whole different story, but the cranks themselves are very stiff and will do the job quite well, though not the lightest crank, and it doesn't have the narrowest Q-factor either compared to other choices.

oldpotatoe
04-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Rotor cranks are not by Cervelo, they are their own company. Google Rotor Crank reviews and you'll get lots of opinions...most good. You can also get compatible Rotor rings for most cranksets if you do not want to go with the entire crank/ring package.

Actually Rotor was bought by Cervelo and what you see the 'BB right' think on Cervelo.

I think Campagnolo/shimano cranks are better products.