PDA

View Full Version : Opinions: Ritchey Speedmax tires

tele
04-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Anyone have any experience with these tires? Looking for a nice rolling all around dirt road/bike trail/asphalt tire. Oh yeah, they are cheap at CC right now as well: http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.ID=9553&MODE=SPECIALS

Steve in SLO
04-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Great tires, esp for that price. I run them on my Moots Psychlo-x. They've seen asphalt, mixed dirt/gravel and lots of mud, and handle it all pretty well. They even grip uphill despite the lack of center knobs. The 32 is a bit wider than most 32s.
Thanks for the link...I'm going to get another pair.

GregL
04-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Second the recommendation. A good all-around cyclocross tire and great for dirt road / light trail riding. That price is a steal!

- Greg

c-record
04-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Yep, should be great for what you are describing. One of those on the rear with more knob up front also makes a pretty good CX tire setup.

redir
04-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes they are a great tire for fast dry courses. They are actually pretty good cornering in the mud because of the side knobs but they are no good for going straight up muddy hills. Good all rounder but special for those fast courses.

Damn! I just clicked that link for $15 dollars it's a no brainer get em.

Dan Le foot
04-16-2011, 04:30 PM
I have them mounted on wheels right now. Haven't rolled them yet. Waiting for the Fed Ex guy to show up with our new Kish Cross bikes.
Can't comment yet except I just paid $30 X 5. :crap:
Dan

gomango
04-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the tip!!!

Ordered at a great price.

cendres
04-17-2011, 08:39 AM
I've been using a pair for gravel road rides since last fall. They're excellent. They are fairly pressure-sensitive, so definitely experiment to find out what works for you.