PDA

View Full Version : TRUCE , listen all Open House hammer heads

Smiley
06-06-2005, 08:33 AM
We all need to play nice on our Open House rides and make them as social as we can . Speed demons play nice . I for one will ride with my drum brake engaged through out the weekend ( only joking as I am in such poor shape and the wife is in even worse shape ) . We look forward to RIDING and TALKING with you all though out the weekend . Besides if you ride with us my wife will read the Que sheet and we won't get lost ( its really easy to get lost ) . See you all this week as we'll be at the plant to join Alexis and the gang for a Friday social to James house for milk and cookies .

BumbleBeeDave
06-06-2005, 08:41 AM
. . . ME???

I for one will be very careful to behave myself. Smiley, if I dart off the front, I will be sure it is only for a few moments. I will than drop back to the group again--so I may have the pleasure of doing it all AGAIN!

BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBDave

Climb01742
06-06-2005, 08:43 AM
hopefully, the weekend will be more talking heads than hammer heads.

has anyone seen/heard a long range weather forecast for this weekend?

William
06-06-2005, 09:43 AM
I think Sandy & the Maryland gang have been playing us. I'll bet Sandy is the ultimate Hammer Head. He's saying "~Oh I'm so slow, I'll be lucky to get up those hills~". Then the ride starts and BANG! he hammers every one like a ten penny nail.

I for one am not falling for it. :no:

William ;)

Super sneaky Serotta Shark Sandy

CNote
06-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Just curious...Do you folks refer to each other with your e-HANDLES at these events?

Too Tall
06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
I'll offer you all advice my cycling mentor Jimmy gives on "birdy / smell the roses rides" to newbies. "Everyone is allowed one outburst, otherwise keep it in your shorts please".

Jimmy, my man. You da' best. :)

Smiley
06-06-2005, 10:03 AM
C-note , its hard not to refer to people by their handles . I'll forever call Climb ..well Climb , James seems so boring to me . Same with Rapid Tourist and Hypnos etc . Trust me it gets really funny when the name badges are given out .

BumbleBeeDave
06-06-2005, 10:29 AM
. . . want to know what they call ME. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though--Assuming you are female, fit, and single, I don't care what you call me--as long as you DO call me! ;)

BBDave

BumbleBeeDave
06-06-2005, 10:44 AM
. . . from weather.com.

BBDave

BumbleBeeDave
06-06-2005, 10:46 AM
. . . from intellicast.com.

BBDave

Tom
06-06-2005, 12:03 PM
just keep at least one Serotta person ahead of you.

Sandy
06-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Remember that Snail is a S word also.

Salamander Sandy

William
06-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Remember that Snail is a S word also.

Salamander Sandy

Yes, and so is Sly & Swift. The snail shark is particularly Sly & Swift. ;)

William :)

Serotta PETE
06-06-2005, 01:45 PM
I think Sandy & the Maryland gang have been playing us. I'll bet Sandy is the ultimate Hammer Head. He's saying "~Oh I'm so slow, I'll be lucky to get up those hills~". Then the ride starts and BANG! he hammers every one like a ten penny nail.

I for one am not falling for it. :no:

William ;)

Super sneaky Serotta Shark Sandy

YOU are a very very wise man !!

Too Tall
06-06-2005, 01:49 PM
You have noooo idea. I've had Snandy on a strict diet of Bpollen and EPO for months. This is not going to be pretty. Smart money says the beer will get slaughtered.

Ginger
06-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Dave Dave Dave...

Don't be the rabbit.

Sandy
06-06-2005, 03:07 PM
I am going to beat both Ginger and Too Tall up Desolation Lake hill. I am that good. I am really that good!! :)

Starting the climb just a few days early....

Spinsistah's Soulmate,

Sometimes Slow Sometimes Speedy Slick Serotta Sandy

Ginger
06-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Sandy? Beating me up?

What's up with that?

Sandy, due to my knee's current progress, but lack of tolerance for drive time, I won't be attending this years Open House.

:(

Have fun for me!

William
06-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Sandy? Beating me up?

What's up with that?

Sandy, due to my knee's current progress, but lack of tolerance for drive time, I won't be attending this years Open House.

:(

Have fun for me!

That's why he's going to beat you up the hill. ;)

Or so he would have us believe.....

William ;)

Sandy
06-06-2005, 03:55 PM
I knew that. That is why I included you and Too Tall, as neither are attending. William may also not atttend as I told him that I am going to beat him up if he beats me up any hill. He is running scared, with a big S for really scared. :)

Beating & Bruising Big Bill,

Sandy

William
06-06-2005, 04:04 PM
I knew that. That is why I included you and Too Tall, as neither are attending. William may also not atttend as I told him that I am going to beat him up if he beats me up any hill. He is running scared, with a big S for really scared. :)

Beating & Bruising Big Bill,

Sandy

Yeah, see what he did to me at the Serotta Musical openhouse last summer. "Trumpet isn't an "S" word!!!", he sceamed.

If you're riding a bike that doesn't start with "S"...WATCH OUT!! :eek:

William
;)

Sandy
06-06-2005, 04:08 PM
I had warned you twice about missing a note! It looked like a saxophone to me. :)

Saxophone Sandy

Doc Austin
06-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Don't be so hard on the hammerheads folks. Every so often I'll find someone who is actually slower than me and riding their pace is actually as difficult as keeping up with somebody faster. It can really throw you off.

Sandy
06-06-2005, 04:32 PM
I guess what you say is true, but when at mile 30 of a 50 mile ride I am being lapped by one of the hammer heads, and I am told by the rider that he or she will see me again on the next time around, it can really be discouraging. :)

At mile 48 and only 2 to go,

Sandy

Doc Austin
06-06-2005, 04:55 PM
I guess what you say is true, but when at mile 30 of a 50 mile ride I am being lapped by one of the hammer heads, and I am told by the rider that he or she will see me again on the next time around, it can really be discouraging. :)

That's their nature. They are extremely competitive. They are Alpha dogs and they are letting you know that. Yes, it is discouraging but I already know I suck, however, I salvage some honor because my Legend TI is probably cooler than their bike. If they have an Ottro and blow by me, then I'll feel abused.

Tom
06-06-2005, 04:58 PM
From the looks of the Serotta site, if any of us hobbyists get frisky there's going to be a few people around that show us what real riders can do. It oughta be pretty amusing.

Rapid Tourist
06-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Smiley, I have every intention of hammering. Problem is when I hammer I still end up getting dropped from the get-go. Why must my life be this way????? :confused:

In other news, I have had the privilege of riding several stealth pre-open house training rides with Sandy in the hills of Maryland and I can say for sure that SANDY IS PRIMED AND READY TO ROLL SO STEEL YOURSELVES!!!!!!!

BumbleBeeDave
06-06-2005, 07:34 PM
. . . Shattered dreams are so pitiful. Please don’t shatter ours! ;)

BBDave

Sandy
06-06-2005, 07:34 PM
YOU MUST KNOW ANOTHER SANDY, YOU TROUBLE MAKER. I think that you are learning from Smiley, the biggest instigator of them all.

Sandy