PDA

View Full Version : Nice catalog shot...

avalonracing
04-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Nice catalog shot... I wonder what the outtakes look like:

http://www.swrvestore.com/servlet/Detail?no=99

Seriously, there comes a point when you are trying too hard to look like a disheveled, "I don't care about looks", dirtbag. That point is when you allow yourself to be photographed for a product shot with effed up hair, 9 days of beard, a pained grimace and a hand in a position straight out of a Diane Arbus photograph.

jischr
04-12-2011, 10:43 AM
The models are probably the owners of the company.

johnnymossville
04-12-2011, 10:43 AM
I wonder if that guy's been roaming around Long Island lately. yow!

fiamme red
04-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Nice mugshot, but shouldn't there be a height chart behind him?

Kevan
04-12-2011, 10:56 AM
unemployed.

David Kirk
04-12-2011, 10:58 AM
I feel better about myself now.

dave

d_man16
04-12-2011, 11:31 AM
I wonder if that guy's been roaming around Long Island lately. yow!

LI I seriously doubt it probably a Jersey Boy :rolleyes:

dave thompson
04-12-2011, 12:21 PM
They're really audition shots for the next version of Jersey Shore.

93legendti
04-12-2011, 12:25 PM
You want MODELS? Then they will charge Rapha/Assos prices.

FWIW, I can't rave about bamboo t-shirts enough. I haven't tried Swrve yet, but the Arbor bamboo t-shirts are awesome.

false_Aest
04-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Yo,

Blame this on the American Apparel add campaigns, the ubiquity of digital cameras and a lack of being able to pay a photographer to make good stuff.

WHen anyone can do "anything" production quality suffers.

You all see this with bikes. Apply the same shti to photography (or the recording industry... auto tune, making albums TOO loud, etc).

Speaking of which . . . I gotta follow up on my Kinesis order.

deechee
04-12-2011, 03:47 PM
he looks like an avatar from sims.

old_fat_and_slow
04-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Damnnit ! Where'd I put that bottle o' ripple at ? ? ? Hic...

http://www.swrvestore.com/media/00/a20791c126d40d1e5cdb75_m.jpg

BumbleBeeDave
04-12-2011, 06:48 PM
I feel better about myself now.

dave

. . . that WAS you after NAHBS weekend . . . :D

BBD

soupless
04-12-2011, 11:40 PM
boo hoo hoo

they make great stuff and are wonderful to deal with

nothing is perfect, deal with it and move on.

neiltron
04-12-2011, 11:49 PM
The models are probably the owners of the company.

The models are the owners of the company.

They are terribly nice people who make great products in the USA at reasonable prices.

I haven't tried bamboo fabric, but I have tried their merino baselayers and schoeller-fabric jackets and they're well-designed and well-made.

dave thompson
04-12-2011, 11:51 PM
boo hoo hoo

they make great stuff and are wonderful to deal with

nothing is perfect, deal with it and move on.
You certainly wouldn't know that by looking looking at their catalog.

BryanE
04-13-2011, 04:06 AM
I betcha it itches.
Bry

BumbleBeeDave
04-13-2011, 05:30 AM
. . . and the fabric is great. But I'm not paying $30 for a t-shirt. Sorry.

BBD

93legendti
04-13-2011, 06:27 AM
The models are the owners of the company.

They are terribly nice people who make great products in the USA at reasonable prices.

I haven't tried bamboo fabric, but I have tried their merino baselayers and schoeller-fabric jackets and they're well-designed and well-made.
I have several bamboo t-shirts: SOFT, anti-microbial (no odor!), hypoallergenic, light, cool and VERY comfortable. All the benefits of wool, but 1/2 the price and sturdier.

Love it.

avalonracing
04-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Their children's line:

jischr
04-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Is the grenade an accessory or does it come with the outfit?

JeremyS
04-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Man, you guys are harsh critics when it comes to this stuff. Matt and Muriel have built a great business serving the cycling community and utilizing american manufacturing.

As far as BBD's $30 t-shirt comment, I'll say what I always do: If you can do it better, or cheaper, go for it. If you need help getting started, I'm happy to get you set up with a textile mill, pattern maker, grader, and a factory.

dave thompson
04-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Their products may be good but their photos don't make me inclined to to make my first purchase.

avalonracing
04-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Man, you guys are harsh critics when it comes to this stuff. Matt and Muriel have built a great business serving the cycling community and utilizing american manufacturing.

That's cool... Really. But my initial point is clean yourself up just a tiny bit for the catalog shot or find a model or stand in. We get it... you are too cool to give a damn about about how you look. You are a true rebel. Or homeless guy. Or whatever. But hey, you got us talking and any press is good press, right?

On a side note, I actually purchased something from their site after I started this thread. No it wasn't the T-shirt. For some reason I couldn't picture myself in it.

BumbleBeeDave
04-14-2011, 05:50 AM
As far as BBD's $30 t-shirt comment, I'll say what I always do: If you can do it better, or cheaper, go for it. If you need help getting started, I'm happy to get you set up with a textile mill, pattern maker, grader, and a factory.

I am not in the t-shirt business nor am I considering it. The consumer determines the success of their business. I am the consumer and any business owner is going to have to convince me pretty damn well that there's something REALLY special about a t-shirt before I pay $30 for it.

I also agree with the comments about their looks. If they want to grow their business they need to appeal to a larger market and looking like bums in their promo lit is not gonna do it. The "Homless Chic" market is of extremely limited size . . .

BBD

William
04-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Is the grenade an accessory or does it come with the outfit?

http://www.theshirtlist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Peace-and-Hate.-Can-You-Tell-The-Difference.jpg

:)

I am not in the t-shirt business nor am I considering it. The consumer determines the success of their business. I am the consumer and any business owner is going to have to convince me pretty damn well that there's something REALLY special about a t-shirt before I pay $30 for it.

I also agree with the comments about their looks. If they want to grow their business they need to appeal to a larger market and looking like bums in their promo lit is not gonna do it. The "Homless Chic" market is of extremely limited size . . .

One of my students turned me on to this site...

www.threadless.com

He came in wearing the above in a hoodie and the quality was pretty good. The models on the site fall into the previously mentioned hipster-doofus/unkempt genre but if you can find an image that appeals to you the price isn't bad. The clearance section has t's for $10 and hoodies for $20.

Just sayin'

William