PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Forum Jersey: The Votes Are IN!

BumbleBeeDave
04-11-2011, 09:08 PM
NOTICE: AS OF NOW--THURSDAY, APRIL 21--I AM RESEARCHING VENDORS. THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD SO FAR. IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE THREAD AND WISH TO PURCHASE, THE POLL IS STILL OPEN.--DAVE

-------------------------------------------

So the voting is over and here are the results as of this evening for Serotta Forum kit:

Black, white, and silver: 57 votes
Red & White: 50 votes
Blue & White: 19 votes

So, it appears the upstart Black-White-Silver combo has taken the prize and that's what we will order. I have unstuck the poll thread and it has fallen down the list.

BUT WAIT! . . . With this many votes in total, and if only half of those who voted are truly serious enough to lay out some cash, then both B-W-S and red have enough potential sales to meet the minimums for several different custom makers.

So I am going to make some inquiries and see what we can do to make almost everybody happy by making both available.

That's my next step. Your next step is to vote in this thread poll to let me know if you are truly, TRULY serious about ordering one of these kits. I've included both red and WBS jerseys and bibs as choices since those are the basics. I'm allowing multiple votes so you can indicate which ones you want or if you want to buy a set of each.

But keep in mind to please, PLEASE don't make a pick unless you are DEFINITELY going to buy! . . . because these are the numbers I'm going to be vendor shopping with. You are making a semi-commitment to buy and it's important for everyone's benefit that you don't vote unless you intend to follow through.

I will only impose a few conditions and here they are:

First . . . so far I have found that Voler and Pactimo have arrangements where customers can order and pay directly to them and get the items shipped directly from the maker. This means I don't have to handle money or deal with trying to sort and mail possibly a hundred different pieces to people who may be, literally, all over the world. If you know of another maker who offers this option, please tell me!

Second . . . Unless there are some really extenuating circumstances, I'm not going to strike a deal with any vendor who does not offer both race cut, club cut, and woman's sizing. We need to be fair to everybody.

Third . . . Our jersey designer, Mrs. Fixed (Jeanne) has really gone above and beyond in doing all this work to help us get a great design together. She has a freelance design business and I would like to get her logo somewhere on the jersey. Not overpowering in size by any means, but definitely there. It's the least we can do to say "Thanks!" :beer:

BBD

rice rocket
04-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks for all the work, BBD.

Can we get a ballpark price? Are we talking a $150 kit or $350?

Will it be significantly cheaper if we all do one color?

chuckroast
04-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Count me in as a definitely will buy jersey and shorts. And, yes I voted.

SoCalSteve
04-11-2011, 09:45 PM
I just have one question:

1: Who is paying for the Moderators kits?

Just askin'

Steve,Pete,Keith, Bruce, BB Dave,Ray,Flydest and Smiley

PS: I'm in! (even if I do have to pay for it myself)

BumbleBeeDave
04-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks for all the work, BBD.

Can we get a ballpark price? Are we talking a $150 kit or $350?

Will it be significantly cheaper if we all do one color?

Here's the handy-dandy custom vendor chart from the December VeloNews story. As you can see, it looks like Hincapie is most expensive but even with them a jersey-bib combo is only about $170 for the pair with minimums of 10.

The cheaper-one color option is something I will be inquiring about.

BBD

A1CKot
04-12-2011, 12:36 AM
I still vote for Hincapie but I also have some nice Catelli stuff that has held up over the years.

Thanks again for all your work with this project.

1happygirl
04-12-2011, 04:47 AM
Yeah!!! My WSB won!!! I'm in for that Jersey and Shorts. Thanks BBD (and others) for all the hard work. Like I said, me, personally, I'm in for the good stuff (Hincapie) etc if the peeps go for it. Thanks again.

ps cool chart. I didn't know where everything was farmed out, not that it matters at this point, unless we find a local seamstress.

BumbleBeeDave
04-12-2011, 06:14 AM
. . . through at least Friday. Then let's see how many people total are TRULY interested in laying out some cash. Can't really tell anything else until we know that.

Dave

AngryScientist
04-12-2011, 06:24 AM
good work dave, i think all three of your rules are very fair.

fwiw, i think voler was the vendor for the last iteration of the Hammer kits, i have a set, and they;re pretty nice.

Elefantino
04-12-2011, 06:42 AM
I voted for BWS kit.

I like Castelli KISS pads, FWIW.

I also like (please!) full zip, race-cut jerseys.

Thanks a ton, BBD!

AngryScientist
04-12-2011, 06:49 AM

seconded

BCS
04-12-2011, 08:08 AM
"thirded"

If available, I would buy Serotta Forum arm warmers

eweg
04-12-2011, 08:29 AM
thanks for all the work, I am interested in buying a jersey, possibly a kit. I did not paticipate in the vote.

BumbleBeeDave
04-12-2011, 09:37 AM
good work dave, i think all three of your rules are very fair.

fwiw, i think voler was the vendor for the last iteration of the Hammer kits, i have a set, and they;re pretty nice.

They have the individual ordering and we have a "connection" there who could get us an even better price.

Pactimo is also on my contact list because they have the individual ordering AND specifically mention full length hidden zip available in their stuff. Full length zips availability is another must. I just don't have a ton of feedback from actual Pactimo wearers.

Let's leave this poll open for SERIOUS buyers and see what we have by Friday. If we don't have needed minimums for both colors then I will see what else we could do to forge a buying coalition between black-white and red fans that would let us meet minimums. Maybe put a hint of red--pinstripe or something--on the black-white design?

BBD

Keith A
04-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks Dave! I would still like to look into LG...our team kits have been fantastic from them. In my vote, I've included the bibs too....but unless their quality is better than my current Voler bibs, I won't be buying any bibs. The Voler bibs I currently own are the least favorite of any bib (or shorts) I've worn. This is why our team/club switched from Voler to LG.

<snip>
<snip>+1

CNY rider
04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks Dave! I would still like to look into LG...our team kits have been fantastic from them. In my vote, I've included the bibs too....but unless their quality is better than my current Voler bibs, I won't be buying any bibs. The Voler bibs I currently own are the least favorite of any bib (or shorts) I've worn. This is why our team/club switched from Voler to LG.

+1

I think this is an important issue, no matter which brand you go with there will be folks who won't buy because that's not the right brand for them.
In my case, LG fine, Voler Ok, but if you get Castelli I just can't buy them because they don't fit me right. So you might have to subtract a few from the "definites" because some people won't buy because of the brand.

BumbleBeeDave
04-12-2011, 12:55 PM
I think this is an important issue, no matter which brand you go with there will be folks who won't buy because that's not the right brand for them.
In my case, LG fine, Voler Ok, but if you get Castelli I just can't buy them because they don't fit me right. So you might have to subtract a few from the "definites" because some people won't buy because of the brand.

But I must have SOME general idea of numbers before I can even make prelim decisions on vendors. The required minimums seem to vary quite a bit.

I will keep an eye on the poll totals for the rest of this week and in the meantime make inquiries to see what's possible. It's all still kind of fluid right now but I expect to have enough info to offer some solid choices by next week. There are many value judgements to be made. If everything else wih, say, Voler seems great . . . size selection, full zip availability, low minimum and great price, and individualized ordering . . . then do they get torpedoed because 3-4 people don't like their chamois?

I also have to keep in mind it will be well nigh impossible to make everybody happy. I have to get as much information as I can, decide at what point I need to go ahead and make some sort of decision, and then do it.

I also have to keep in mind that it may not even be my place to make a final decision. Have to consult with Pete on that . . .

BBD

CNY rider
04-12-2011, 01:53 PM
I also have to keep in mind it will be well nigh impossible to make everybody happy. I have to get as much information as I can, decide at what point I need to go ahead and make some sort of decision, and then do it.

BBD

+1
That's just the nature of the beast.
Props to you for all the effort you have already invested in this.

Keith A
04-12-2011, 02:06 PM
then do they get torpedoed because 3-4 people don't like their chamois?Hey Dave, I'm certainly not trying to cause a problem, just expressing my experience with this supplier. And just to be clear on my point...it wasn't just the chamois, but the whole package (thin and not very supportive Lycra, decals fell off, bib straps turned gray after a couple of washings, just not a high quality garment IMHO). However, things may certainly improved as mine are about 2+ years old. But it was the lack of quality & comfort that caused our team to find another vendor.

BumbleBeeDave
04-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Hey Dave, I'm certainly not trying to cause a problem, just expressing my experience with this supplier. And just to be clear on my point...it wasn't just the chamois, but the whole package (thin and not very supportive Lycra, decals fell off, bib straps turned gray after a couple of washings, just not a high quality garment IMHO). However, things may certainly improved as mine are about 2+ years old. But it was the lack of quality & comfort that caused our team to find another vendor.

That's exactly the kind of qualitative feedback that helps the most.

I did go and look at Voler's web site today and they specifically mentioned they have reformulated their fabric for this year. so yours may not have been the only negative opinion.

BBD

Fixed
04-12-2011, 03:19 PM
i clicked on the jersey but i will buy the whole kit
cheers

1happygirl
04-12-2011, 05:17 PM
T Maybe put a hint of red--pinstripe or something--on the black-white design?

BBD

this is Rome & we always kill the messanger, but thanks again for the masochism in agreeing to organize this. red on the bottom of each sleeve if we had too (but I hope not-hint hint)

steampunk
04-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Personally I'd vote for the Hincapie or Castelli kit.

And FWIW, and I don't mean to turn this into a political statement, but every time we buy stuff we do vote with our wallets. Can we give the business to a vendor who manufactures in the USA and support manufacturing and workers here?

BumbleBeeDave
04-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Personally I'd vote for the Hincapie or Castelli kit.

And FWIW, and I don't mean to turn this into a political statement, but every time we buy stuff we do vote with our wallets. Can we give the business to a vendor who manufactures in the USA and support manufacturing and workers here?

It's one of the considerations . . . but still have to give it till the end of this week and see what our totals are of SERIOUS buyers.

BBD

csm
04-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I am voting and I will buy at least a jersey.

jmeloy
04-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Unless it's Hincapie as their fit doesn't work for me (might in club cut having said that)

Bruce K
04-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Dave;

As I watch the poll numbers (and after our conversation) we still might be able to order both colors of jersey but may only reach minimum on one color short.

At that point I think the black-white-silver short would look good with either jersey.

I voted for a b-w-s kit but may add a red jersey just for fun.

BK

Dekonick
04-12-2011, 11:54 PM
I am in - one bib/jersey combo. Got a size chart anywhere?

terrytnt
04-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Many thanks Dave to investing all this effort... I certainly appreciate all that you've done.

I'm a definite buy for a jersey (b-w-s) - race cut. However, I'm going to stay with my Assos bibs.

I'll leave the manufacturer up to those that know good quality.

Voting NOW.... I'm in!!!

1happygirl
04-13-2011, 06:44 PM
agghhh not so subtly go -w-b-s

As an aside, Does anyone have pictures of any of the old forum designs? How many jerseys have there been over the years? If you can share photos, that would be cool

Zoomie80
04-16-2011, 10:17 AM
BBD-
Thanx for all the "heavy lifting" for our forum kit. I'm definitely in for a jersey (club cut preferred); both r-b-s and w-b-s look great and will flip a coin to decide.

Cheers,
Zoomie

wooly
04-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Dave - great work on this. I am definitely in for a BWS jersey too.

BumbleBeeDave
04-16-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm going to leave this poll up through tomorrow evening to give an equal chance to everybody who may not get to check out the forum during the week.

At this point we easily meet the minimum for jerseys from a number of vendors. Bibs are a bit less certain at the moment. Let's see what happens by tomorrow evening . . .

BBD

Louis
04-16-2011, 01:03 PM
to give an equal chance to everybody who may not get to check out the forum during the week.

IMO folks who check in less than five times a day, seven days a week, don't really matter and should have no say at all. ;)

victoryfactory
04-17-2011, 05:07 AM
Club cut?
how about chub cut?

VF

Bruce K
04-17-2011, 05:59 AM
Love you VF but please pay attention..... :rolleyes:

Club cut, women's cut, and race cut being offered is one of the selection criteria for suppliers.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
04-17-2011, 07:51 AM
. . . one of my firm crieteria. As far as I am concerned lack of these three sizing options is a dealbreaker for any vendor. There would have to be some pretty powerful compensator for me to disregard this.

BBD

Bruce K
04-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Dave;

I just got Voler's catalog in the mail.

Interesting pricing for full custom with what appears to be very low minimums. I haven't read it close enough to see about artwork charges (if any) or what their overall requirements are but if they are one of the companies that allows direct ordering then we may be on to something with them that might even allow people to order accessory type items such as vests or jackets.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
04-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Dave;

I just got Voler's catalog in the mail.

Interesting pricing for full custom with what appears to be very low minimums. I haven't read it close enough to see about artwork charges (if any) or what their overall requirements are but if they are one of the companies that allows direct ordering then we may be on to something with them that might even allow people to order accessory type items such as vests or jackets.

BK

. . . is that their minimums are 15 for both jerseys and bibs. So we easily make the minimums for both jerseys, but not for both bibs. Let's see how it shakes out by this evening.

My desirable criteria so far are . . .

• full length zip available--hidden type if possible and half and full-zip can be mixed to meet the minimum.

• Race, club, and womens cut available--and can be mixed to meet minimum.

• Other pieces can be ordered individually once minimums are met--arm warmers, knee warmers, vests, socks, etc.

• Some sort of individual ordering set-up that allows buyers to order and pay individually and have orders shipped directly to them--I really want to avoid the headaches of having 25-50 people send me money, then the companion headache of shipping all the correct pieces to the correct addresses. One of my sources tells me Voler can set up a dedicted ordering page. Can others do that? I'm going to try to find out.

• All made in USA. This would be nice if possible. Not a dealbreaker but would be nice if we could do it.

• Reasonable price . . . now what exactly does that mean? Last time we did forum jerseys Bruce K went with Hincapie and they cost $75 each. Is that too much? What about bibs? Is $100 too much for bibs direct from custom maker?

Another question is what level of quality you get for the price. So far I have not done any truly detailed research, but the casual loking so far shows that many makers--again, Voler for instance--have several different levels of quality available. The chart from VeloNews that I posted earlier in this thread is the only comparative chart I have at this time. The prices listed there from many of the makers look very reasonable. BUT for magazine comparison purposes I imagine all makers are going to pitch the lowest prices they can get away with while still being "custom." So with Voler for instance, the chart shows a price of $81 for jerseys and $73 for bibs. Is that for their "Elite" level stuff--allegedly their best? Don't know, the chart doesn't say. These are the kind of questions I have to ask vendors.

Also . . .

• What is digital vs. traditional sublimation in printing the designs? Does this limit colors we can use? How true a "silver" can we get vs. just "gray?"

• What are delivery times? We want to get these before the end of he season.

• What level of detail do we want? Take a look at the United Health Care jersey below from Voler . . . Notice the outline pinstripes on many of the colored areas?

Many of the makers are obviously capable of this same level of detail. I saw some really neat, intricate and articulated desgins on kit at Battenkill this past weekend--it was a great place to see what different makers are capable of.

Do we want to take full advantage of these capabilities? I'm sure Jeanne could do that and it might be a good way to come up with a compromise bib design that would satisfy both black-white and red camps and let us meet minimums for bibs-maybe put a tiny red pinstripe on the border between black and white on the bibs--make them match either jersey.

I'll get some voting totals tonight and start doing some detailed research.

BBD

Pete Serotta
04-17-2011, 03:00 PM
We can call Rich Hincapie and get them again from him.....If it is Bruce or Dave calling tell them the call is from Pete Mckeon who is with Bill Davis the Western rep for HIncapie and the Ride the Rockies PETE

I can also do it when I get back to NC but Dave or Bruce will have to bring me up to speed of what question and which answers ..... :beer: Pete

BumbleBeeDave
04-18-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm going to go research some vendors and get back to you all ASAP.

BBD

Keith A
04-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks for everything bee-man :)
http://ape-law.com/GAF/images/beeman.gif

1happygirl
04-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Yeah, BBD!!!!!

How 'bout the r&w bibs come on over to my w-b-s bibs?

dekindy
04-18-2011, 08:43 PM
The Castelli made Serotta jersey that I received for joining the Owners' Club was manufactured in USA and it was not very well made. Came with blemishes, not even a good second, and has not held up well.

Bruce K
04-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Gang;

I know we are all itching to get some of this cool kit but let's give Dave a few days to do the final research.

I believe we are down to the following manufacturers (in no particular order):

Voler
Hincapie
Verge

Dave's criteria are (again in no particular order):

1. Ability to have the vendors receive individual orders and ship directly to the buyers (having done the jersey thing I can vouch for what a PIA it is to receive money, order, receive goods, unpack, sort, repack, & ship - WHEW !!)

2. Ability to mix race cut, club cut, and women's sizing within their minimums

3. Low enough minimum to allow the purchase of both colors of kit (at least one of the manufacturers would require us to get a "universal" short design - the jerseys meet everyone's minimums to be able to roder both colors)

4. High Quality

5. Reasonable pricing

Dave has done a ton of work, as has Mrs. Fixed on the designs. We are close and Dave should have news by early next week.

BK

CNY rider
04-19-2011, 07:03 AM
The Castelli made Serotta jersey that I received for joining the Owners' Club was manufactured in USA and it was not very well made. Came with blemishes, not even a good second, and has not held up well.

I think Serotta got a whole bunch of crummy garments from Castelli a few years back.
I bought a pair of the Castelli-made bibs. Horrible. Cut poorly, awful chamois felt like riding on sandpaper.
Castelli's stuff can't be as universally awful as that bunch of garments was or they would have been out of business a long time ago.
I'm glad Ben's not doing business with them any more.

Bruce K
04-20-2011, 01:34 AM
Not sure how I missed Dave' explanation before posting my lame version :crap:

Stay tuned....

BK

terrytnt
04-20-2011, 09:47 AM
I may be somewhat out-to-lunch, but what is our next step for those of us who want to place an order?

Keith A
04-20-2011, 09:53 AM
I may be somewhat out-to-lunch, but what is our next step for those of us who want to place an order?I'm answering for BBD, who is taking the lead on this project. But I do know that he is still working out which vendor we will be using. Once this is nailed down we should have some prices and would expect to start taking specific orders at that point.

I do know that he is actively pursing this and hopes to have more details very soon.

BumbleBeeDave
04-20-2011, 10:56 AM
. . . vendors this week. I am doing this in odd moments between work, time with girlfriend, CPR class, and--somewhere in there--hopefully a few rides.

I'm getting there! Please stand by . . . :beer:

BBD

henrypretz
04-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the yeoman's effort put forth by Dave and everyone involved with this project.

Henry

Germany_chris
04-20-2011, 11:43 AM
I think i'd forgo work :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
04-20-2011, 02:06 PM
I think i'd forgo work :beer:

. . . to get them to just send me the weekly checks without my actually coming in. But for some odd reason they didn't go for it . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

1happygirl
04-21-2011, 06:53 PM
. . . vendors this week. I am doing this in odd moments between work, time with girlfriend, CPR class, and--somewhere in there--hopefully a few rides.

I'm getting there! Please stand by . . . :beer:

BBD

Bee: CPR Class and GF in same sentence? Is that what they call it now? hahaha :rolleyes: couldn't resist

BumbleBeeDave
04-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Bee: CPR Class and GF in same sentence? Is that what they call it now? hahaha :rolleyes: couldn't resist

I had to get my CPR certification updated so I can renew my personal trainer certification with AFAA!

BBD

Dekonick
04-21-2011, 09:38 PM
I had to get my CPR certification updated so I can renew my personal trainer certification with AFAA!

BBD

NO matter what they told you in your CPR recert class, there is change on the horizon. The key to improved survival is uninterrupted compressions... not that you will have to use it any time soon... but thought I would toss that into the mix.

Seattle has approximately a 40% survival rate for cardiac arrest... Why so good? Emphasis on CPR. Community CPR and access to AED's. Interesting little bit of info... they had a drop in survival when they put AED's on police cars... they did some research and found that the extra time for an AED to read a rhythm, charge and shock was taking away from the benefit of good compressions. They did a minor tweak, taught cops to read the important EKG rhythms of V-fib and V-tach and gave them conventional defibrillators. Survival went back up. Obviously, if you can't read an EKG, an AED is still a good option.

So - if you have to do CPR, good compressions allowing the chest to fully expand with minimal interruptions = best chance for survival. We even do compressions when intubating, and charge the defibrillator before a 2 minute time check... no matter what the rhythm... if at 2 minutes it is a shockable rhythm, we are already ready and can zap and get back to compressions with less than a 3-5 second delay. The fascinating part is that since we have implemented these changes, we are now getting an almost frightening number of successful resuscitations. A study in in the works and we hope to have enough data to publish soon...

Back on target... can't wait to see a final price! In need of jersey's anyway... so now I have an excuse to buy!

BumbleBeeDave
04-21-2011, 10:06 PM
. . . to having a vendor. I am working to find someone who has all the ingredients . . .

• full size and cut selection
• full gender selection
• reasonable prices
• high quality and excellent customer service record
• individual ordering and shipping
• various accessories (vests, arm warmers, gloves, shoe covers) available at reasonable prices with low minimums.
• reasonably quick delivery

I want everybody to win on this. Please stand by . . . I will have prices, etc. ASAP.

At this point the best thing you can do is also indicate in this thread if you have a serious buying interest in any of those accessories I named. Having some idea of how many people want vests, etc, would be a big help.

BBD

1happygirl
04-21-2011, 10:18 PM
I'd be in for a vest. Totally in for the wsb bibs and jersey too.

cab not abc on cpr

Dekonick
04-22-2011, 09:17 AM
gloves.

veloduffer
04-22-2011, 09:45 AM
I plan to buy only a jersey and maybe shorts, depending on the vendor. A vest is a possibility (depends on price). What about knickers?

1happygirl
04-22-2011, 11:02 AM
I plan to buy only a jersey and maybe shorts, depending on the vendor. A vest is a possibility (depends on price). What about knickers?

good idea i'd rather have knickers than bibs or shorts.didn't know that was an option.

but im in for jersey & bibs shorts if no knickers also will go vest

jr59
04-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Another BIG round of thanks to Dave and all who worked on this project! :hello:

Supper job so far.

Now tell me where to send the cash!

melonyogloo
04-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I am in for a jersey for sure. I would get a pair of bibs depends on vendor.

BumbleBeeDave
04-22-2011, 11:55 AM

. . . but there are minimums to be met in ordering any particular piece. The vendor with the lowest minimum for this type of item would still require us to buy at least 6 of them. Other vendors I am actively considering are 10 and 15 minimums.

I anticipate this is a difficulty that will have to be sorted out on my end. Once we know minimums I will have to figure out how to gauge numbers of accessory item people want against the minimums. For instance, I can list a price for knickers and people can send me money for orders, but if I don't have at least 6 people send me money for knickers, then we cannot order them. Then I would have to contact people for alternate choices and possibly write refund checks. Headache . . .

At least one vendor can set up an ordering page online, so people could order directly and pay via credit card. But the same minimums still apply and if at least 6 people don't order it, then we still can't purchase that item and refunds would have to be issued and alternate choices made.

This is why for my research I only considered:

-short sleeve jerseys
-bibs
-wind vest
-arm warmers
-gloves
-shoe covers

These are the inidividual items a felt the most people would be interested in. I did not consider socks because almost all of the vendors have insane minimums--Anywhere from 50-120 pairs.

There are also pros & cons of having 2 jersey colors. Pros are everybody gets the color they want. Con (particularly for bibs) is that neither color makes the minimum for some vendors and smaller total numbers of each color scheme mean prices will be a bit higher because our total numbes are not as high and we can't make the next price break point.

This argues for possibly integrating the two jersey color schemes--perhaps by putting red outlins on the black areas--to make the next price break point and get slightly lower prices. But I know people don't want to do that and I am figuring they are willing to pay some extra to get their preferred color.

Once we have a vendor and all info in place I will post all ordering information and we will sort out these extra item issues. but I remain committed to doing my best to see that everybody gets as much of what they want color and item-wise as possible for a reasonable price, with full selection of cuts and reasonably quick delivery. :)

BBD

AngryScientist
04-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Dave - this is just my opinion, and others may certainly disagree:

*For a forum order, why not keep it simple. Jersey and Bibs, one color based on majority vote. thats it. we're buying this kit to show some forum pride, why not let the majority opinion rule it and pick a single color, we all will look the same and be recognizable. (one reason i voted black/silver is it doesnt clash with ANYTHING).

do we really need forum branded arm/leg warmers and vests and other stuff? i personally say no. let's keep this simple for Dave and the forum and the vendor.

i'm treating this like a visit to a small shop or brewery that i really like, i buy the jersey they have to commemorate the memory of the place or whatever, i dont get bummed out if i cant have a matching 8 piece kit in multiple colors.

to restate: for simplicity and for less work for all the unpaid volunteers here, i vote to pick one color jersey/bib combo by simple majority rule. throw out the idea of multiple colors and matching accessories.

i would definitely support the multiple cuts and womens sizing so everyone can get something that fits them well, but making this way more complicated by wanting different colors and matching shoe covers is over the top.

again, just one man's opinion...

1happygirl
04-22-2011, 12:13 PM
AS the voice of reason. u the man. very considerate and well articulated. try to please everyone & wind up pleasing no one.

rice rocket
04-22-2011, 12:48 PM
i dont get bummed out if i cant have a matching 8 piece kit in multiple colors.

What, you don't want Serotta shoes with your Serotta knickers to wear with your Serotta gloves? :)

But yeah, this man is being rational!

A1CKot
04-22-2011, 01:17 PM
This argues for possibly integrating the two jersey color schemes--perhaps by putting red outlins on the black areas--to make the next price break point and get slightly lower prices.
BBD

I think this would be best. Higher total, lower price, best vendor, Hincapie:D.

You can count me in for a jersey and bibs in any case. And thank you for putting this whole thing together.

Bruce K
04-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Guys and Gals;

If you look at the vote it was an almost 50-50 split on colors.

So Dave in his Solomonesque wisdom (with a little help from some wannabe's :rolleyes: ) decied to try and please a greater number of folks by offering both color choices.

It's the same design, same logos, etc. just trying a little Burger King on ya. You know, have it your way!?

The 2 color thing is definitely no big deal for the jerseys with any manufacturer Dave has spoken with. We might have to go with a "universal" color on the shorts/bibs depending on manufacturer.

But at this point, please just stay tuned and Dave will have all the answers by early next week.

Trust me....

BK

BumbleBeeDave
04-22-2011, 01:33 PM
. . . and me, too, if you dare! :rolleyes:

But seriously, I am very close to making this all work. Just be patient for a TINY bit longer.

BBD

dekindy
04-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Are we there yet?

Just kidding! :p

1happygirl
04-22-2011, 05:10 PM
We're just excited. WE LOVE YOU for doing this. It would be cool for everyone to get what they want.
We believe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts

BumbleBeeDave
04-22-2011, 07:41 PM
I should have abundant info by early next week. Had to settle for leaving voice mail for them today . . .

Now we move to the art of the deal . . .

BBD

AngryScientist
04-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Dave - you're the man.

BumbleBeeDave
04-23-2011, 08:18 AM
. . . is working hard and will come through for you! :beer:

BBD

veloduffer
04-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Although I stated a preference in my prior post, I'm quite flexible on this and will definitely get a jersey. Go with what is simplest. Thanks Dave for doing all the *legwork* :rolleyes: on this one. :beer:

Pete Serotta
04-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Dave has put lots of work into this and it looks wonderful - Ben Serotta has really appreciated it. :beer:

Dave has recommended how to move forward and it has been finalized. THanks again DAVE>>>>

PETE

Guys and Gals;

If you look at the vote it was an almost 50-50 split on colors.

So Dave in his Solomonesque wisdom (with a little help from some wannabe's :rolleyes: ) decied to try and please a greater number of folks by offering both color choices.

It's the same design, same logos, etc. just trying a little Burger King on ya. You know, have it your way!?

The 2 color thing is definitely no big deal for the jerseys with any manufacturer Dave has spoken with. We might have to go with a "universal" color on the shorts/bibs depending on manufacturer.

But at this point, please just stay tuned and Dave will have all the answers by early next week.

Trust me....

BK

BumbleBeeDave
04-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Go look at the other stuck thread about accessories and vote if you are interested. I have full up to date info in that thread!

BBD

slowandsteady
04-29-2011, 11:37 PM
link to that thread?

Bruce K
04-30-2011, 04:01 AM
It's stuck just below this one. :rolleyes:

BK

rice rocket
04-30-2011, 07:29 AM
Maybe unsticky this? And only keep the relevant/last one?

BumbleBeeDave
04-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks to whoever did it . . .

BBD