PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Gunnar sport replacement for 6' rider

jh_on_the_cape
04-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi all. A buddy of mine has decided it is time to replace his well-loved Gunnar Sport. He is 6' tall, and I am pretty sure his Gunnar is the 58 size, but I need to check again.
For reference, he is on a Gunnar Sport, with "upright riding position, longer wheelbase and more stable steering". He will keep that for bike path cruising with the family. It is built with 105 group.
He should be on the same style of bike. He is a fitness rider, not a racer. So something with the same fit, but maybe a little nicer/faster. Like many new bike purchases, this is somewhat psychological. I could see him on a Madone or Roubaix. I suggested just getting the Ultegra Madone, but it is a ton of money.
He does not work on his own bike, so it should be in excellent shape, looking near new. He is not light, I am guessing 180. Not a finesse rider. Pedals squares. Wipes out occasionally... :bike:
We are in MA and local pickup would be nice. Budget is around $2k. So Ultegra.
I am driving to and from Philadelphia next Thursday-Tuesday, so maybe something is on the way...

Just thought I would check here. I bought my current bike by placing a 'wanted' ad on this forum. We went for a ride this weekend and we decided I would try again for him.

I am also open to getting a frame/fork then buying a new group and putting it together for him. I just want to get him something not racy. Little saddle to bar drop.

The Gunnar is just tired. He needs a fancy new bike to motivate some miles. And I checked, a repaint is 450! New frame is 800!

I would love to see him on something like an IF Club Racer.

Enjoy the spring! Be careful on the road sand!

chismog
04-11-2011, 01:24 PM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=83577

This would seem to fit the bill. Let me know if you're interested or need more info.

jh_on_the_cape
04-12-2011, 08:20 AM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=83577

This would seem to fit the bill. Let me know if you're interested or need more info.

Thanks. I will reply to your pm now...

tiretrax
04-12-2011, 09:17 AM
sent

oliver1850
04-12-2011, 11:11 AM

jh_on_the_cape
04-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the replies. It would help if you PM me a price you had in mind. With most purchases, that is a big factor!

We are still looking.