PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Rider/ US Masters Champ - Stripped for Steroids

firerescuefin
04-08-2011, 10:08 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/us-masters-champion-suspended-for-steroid

Is this related to the guy threatening everybody and their brother on the forum a couple of months ago?

sailorboy
04-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Don't know about the threats, but I lined up against him a few times while living in NC from '08 to '10. Seemed to be a pretty low-key guy but I didn't have a lot of interactions with him. Met some assholes in the Cat 2-3 range who didn't need dope to be jerks.

Did manage to finish ahead of Pete in the NC road race champs for '09 I think it was...on a steel pegoretti. Granted the break was long gone and it was just a field sprint for like 4th or something. Nothing like looking around on the start line of a race and seeing USA champ stripes on the sleeves of the guy next to you. Would be cool to see those ceremonially sliced off the next time he shows up at a race.

BumbleBeeDave
04-09-2011, 06:28 AM
. . . who would like to see something else sliced off next time he shows up for a race.

BBD

peanutgallery
04-09-2011, 09:22 AM
test was 51 weeks ago, was he racing in the meantime ?

sailorboy
04-09-2011, 09:51 AM
He has no results posted on USACycling since '09.

LegendRider
04-09-2011, 10:32 AM
He has no results posted on USACycling since '09.

I'll bet USA Cycling pulled his results from the web (as opposed to him not racing since then).

sailorboy
04-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I'll bet USA Cycling pulled his results from the web (as opposed to him not racing since then).

I thought that too, but wouldn't they have pulled them back to '07 since they said his results were voided in the article?