PDA

View Full Version : Liggett/Sherwin Roubaix coverage?

merlincustom1
04-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Anyone know a link to where I can hear/see Liggett and Sherwin cover PR this Sunday? I've been on steephill and cyclingfans in the past and not found them.

Thanks.

Elefantino
04-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Harmon and Kelly on Eurosport. Everything else is just noise.

thwart
04-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Harmon and Kelly on Eurosport. Everything else is just noise.1+

Although there's something pretty cool about to watching Sporza for Belgian races... or for P-R, the French network. It requires a different mindset and more attention... maybe that's not the right word. You listen to the tone of the voice/excitement level and have to work more on identifying the riders yourself.

victoryfactory
04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Versus had Phil and Paul at Flanders last week.
I assume they will be doing P-R this week (on delay)

I know it's popular to dis P&P these days but I still appreciate
the love of the sport that comes through their admittedly tired
cliches and banter. Like putting on an old comfortable pair of jeans.
They did a great job at Flanders last week IMO

Also I think they are much better at letting us know who is where in the groups on the
road than some other commentators.

VF

sc53
04-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Also I think they are much better at letting us know who is where in the groups on the
road VF
Well, they constantly shout who is where on the road but they are completely mistaken about 85% of the time. I don't really mind because I don't know who most of these classics riders are anyway.

JMerring
04-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Versus had Phil and Paul at Flanders last week.
I assume they will be doing P-R this week (on delay)

I know it's popular to dis P&P these days but I still appreciate
the love of the sport that comes through their admittedly tired
cliches and banter. Like putting on an old comfortable pair of jeans.
They did a great job at Flanders last week IMO

road than some other commentators.

VF

+1. i get why people don't like them and over the past few years the mistake:non-mistake ratio has increased significantly (not to mention the annoyance of their deification of lance). however, the sound of their mellifluous banter never ceases to bring a smile to my face.

simple
04-08-2011, 06:44 PM

All I ever get is:
Sorry, Eurosport Player is currently not available for viewing in your geographical location
How do you get around that?

qjetha
04-08-2011, 07:54 PM

+ A Gillion

I am NOT one of the Ligget and Sherwin fanboys. Would happily take flemish or italian from sporza over them any day.

qjetha
04-08-2011, 07:58 PM
All I ever get is:
Sorry, Eurosport Player is currently not available for viewing in your geographical location

Keep trying different stream links. I alternate from cyclingfans to steephill quite a bit. Also make sure you click on the link when there is actually live coverage going on. Sometimes the link is put up in advance or left after coverage and then you will get the error message.

Bob Loblaw
04-08-2011, 08:41 PM
+1. i get why people don't like them and over the past few years the mistake:non-mistake ratio has increased significantly (not to mention the annoyance of their deification of lance). however, the sound of their mellifluous banter never ceases to bring a smile to my face.

I loves me some P+P. Yeah they get some things wrong and miss some things, but their love of the sport and admiration for the athletes is infectious. It's like coming home.

BL

jpw
04-09-2011, 11:19 AM
All I ever get is:

Proxy server with an IP address within the geographic region.

Grant McLean
04-09-2011, 11:51 AM
All I ever get is:

I don't think you can watch the Eurosport feed directly from North America.

Check www.cyclingfans.com for other links, or catch the video from
one place, and find the eurosport audio streaming feed.
There are often torrents of the feed you can download later,
if that's the kind of thing you want to do.

-g