PDA

View Full Version : What's the market value of a Serotta F1 fork

vsefiream
04-06-2011, 03:55 PM
I am looking at two Serotta F1 forks. My qestion is what are they worth considering they are in very good condition? Thanks

Ken Robb
04-06-2011, 04:04 PM
they ride well. They are heavy but strong. They will barely clear all 25mm tires except Michelin which can be just too big. I don't know what that's worth to you.

Marcusaurelius
04-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I think I paid about $100 the last time I bought an F1 fork. It's still one of my favourite carbon forks.

Ahneida Ride
04-06-2011, 09:46 PM
I'd guess 50 - 150 ...

I've got one and for 50 frn I'd keep it.

DRZRM
04-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Yeah, market is around $100 for one in good shape.

dave thompson
04-07-2011, 11:31 AM
The F1 fork is/was a very good fork. The value would depend on threaded or threadless, steel steer tube or Titanium steer tube.

vsefiream
04-07-2011, 11:56 AM
The F1 fork is/was a very good fork. The value would depend on threaded or threadless, steel steer tube or Titanium steer tube.
They are both 1" threaded steel steerer.

echap62
04-07-2011, 02:42 PM
I have been looking for a while. Just wondering where you are locating them for sale.

vsefiream
04-07-2011, 03:24 PM
I have been looking for a while. Just wondering where you are locating them for sale.
One on Ebay, one on CL.

Keith A
04-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I have been looking for a while. Just wondering where you are locating them for sale.You might post a WTB in the classified section and see if someone is willing to sell theirs.

Pete Serotta
04-07-2011, 04:01 PM
They are no longer being made and it is 1 inch so .,.,., if in good shape and you need it, and can see it before buying - - -I would go to 200 if it was to put on a Serotta of the pre 2001 era... :beer: :beer:

vsefiream
04-07-2011, 04:16 PM
They are no longer being made and it is 1 inch so .,.,., if in good shape and you need it, and can see it before buying - - -I would go to 200 if it was to put on a Serotta of the pre 2001 era... :beer: :beer:
Yep, I am looking for a set for my Atlanta and I found a pair in yellow but I am really looking to find out what the value is so I don't overpay. I should have done a WTB in the classifieds and I still may. However a member here has already mentioned to me that they have some they may be willing to part with as well. Thanks guys!

skipper
04-08-2011, 03:15 PM
I still have a F1 fork that I took off my CSi , perhaps I should take it out of the box and see if it is available to use.

vsefiream
04-08-2011, 04:34 PM
WTB listing posted in classifieds. 1" threaded or threadless

Ahneida Ride
04-08-2011, 04:34 PM
now for 200 frn .... I could part with mine. Excellent shape.

skipper
04-08-2011, 06:14 PM
I just came out of the basement with my F1 fork that has been in the box. It was a take off from my CSi. It was used for three rides before my carbon fork arrived. It is midnight blue, one inch steel steerer tube with 190 mm . It was cut for a 58 cm frame. It is like brand new.
Several posts have indicated it may be worth $100 to $200 .
Any suggestions based on the description?

I also have a Serotta Colorado II frame and fork that was run over by a pick up truck. I saved it thinking that I would get the down tube replaced someday. The fork on that frame is undamaged and may be useful to someone.

Pete Serotta
04-08-2011, 07:16 PM
thanks for letting folks know.....another question would be are they threaded or threadless.

Also with the classified limits on a poster needing a higher number of posts , this one gets an exception for the F1.

PETE

Keith A
04-08-2011, 07:22 PM
<snip>
I also have a Serotta Colorado II frame and fork that was run over by a pick up truck. I saved it thinking that I would get the down tube replaced someday. The fork on that frame is undamaged and may be useful to someone.How new/old is your steel fork? Color?

skipper
04-08-2011, 09:08 PM
thanks for letting folks know.....another question would be are they threaded or threadless.

Also with the classified limits on a poster needing a higher number of posts , this one gets an exception for the F1.

Sorry for forgetting about the type, both forks are threaded. Head cold has me in a fog tonight.

The CSi fork is one inch, 190 mm long, midnight blue, the Colorado fork is one inch, white and about 185 mm,

I really would like these forks to get some use by someone who likes Serotta's as much as I do. Thanks, Pete
Skip

PETE

Skip

bfd
04-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Wait, are we talking about a USED CARBON FORK? Yow, don't you know that carbon forks, especially used ones, will cause *death and destruction?!*

http://www.rivbike.com/products/show/carbonomas-fork/50-718

If you're the paranoid type, get yourself one of those. :crap: :bike: :butt: :)

If not, the Serotta F1 fork reminds me of the old Kestrel EMS, not light, but very durable and solid. Good Luck!

roydyates
04-10-2011, 02:10 PM
now for 200 frn .... I could part with mine. Excellent shape.
I know Ahneida is talking $200, but what does "frn" stand for? I've been wondering for awhile.

I did some googling and the closest thing was "Federal Reserve Note" but I don't think this seems likely. Here's a list of FRN acronyms, none of which seem to fit:
Acronym Definition
FRN FCC Registration Number
FRN Floating Rate Note
FRN Federal Register Notice
FRN Federal Reserve Note
FRN Floriana (postal locality, Malta)
FRN Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon
FRN Swedish Council for Planning and Coordination of Research
FRN Family Resource Network (Brookings, SD)
FRN Federal Registration Number
FRN Final Rulemaking Notice
FRN Force Requirement Number
FRN Forum pour La Redressement National (Comoros)
FRN Federal Reserve Number
FRN Funding Resource Number
Frn Fraction of Residential Power Supplied by Nuclear (Carolina Environmental Program)
FRN Family Restoration Network, Inc. (Dallas, TX)

Pete Serotta
04-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Ahneida has plenty of of the "frn" ;) Pete

I know Ahneida is talking $200, but what does "frn" stand for? I've been wondering for awhile.

I did some googling and the closest thing was "Federal Reserve Note" but I don't think this seems likely. Here's a list of FRN acronyms, none of which seem to fit:
Acronym Definition
FRN FCC Registration Number
FRN Floating Rate Note
FRN Federal Register Notice
FRN Federal Reserve Note
FRN Floriana (postal locality, Malta)
FRN Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon
FRN Swedish Council for Planning and Coordination of Research
FRN Family Resource Network (Brookings, SD)
FRN Federal Registration Number
FRN Final Rulemaking Notice
FRN Force Requirement Number
FRN Forum pour La Redressement National (Comoros)
FRN Federal Reserve Number
FRN Funding Resource Number
Frn Fraction of Residential Power Supplied by Nuclear (Carolina Environmental Program)
FRN Family Restoration Network, Inc. (Dallas, TX)

Ahneida Ride
04-11-2011, 11:09 AM
frn = federal reserve irredeemable note

fed creates em outa nothing to purchase government debt.
We pay interest to fed.
fed is a private entity, not more federal then fed express.

for every frn created outa nothing by the fed, banks can create an
additional 9 frns using "fractional" reserve.

We get diluted alive. It's called frn-boarding. we pay interest on nothing.

welcome to 5 frn / gallon gas