PDA

View Full Version : Appeal to ride more

weisan
04-06-2011, 06:28 AM
I see this every year...we whine about winter and then the warmer temperature come, but people whine about the bikes, others, hot summer etc.

please make the main thing the main thing. Go out and ride more.

I know I did...ever since the temp. get into the 50s and when it doesn't rain or snow here in St Louis, I had been out riding and enjoying the land coming back to life again, this is a wonderful time of the year.

One bike. One ride at a time.

gone
04-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Will do! Did a 200k last weekend, 300k upcoming. Weather still not all that great (low 50's and raining today) but it's part of the game.

If the only time I ever rode was when it was 72 degrees, clear skies and light winds I wouldn't get a whole lot of riding in.

jischr
04-06-2011, 08:05 AM
I can't ride more - its all those walkers and wantabe runners on the Grant trail until the Komem event is over. :crap:

93legendti
04-06-2011, 08:20 AM
I see this every year...we whine about winter and then the warmer temperature come, but people whine about the bikes, others, hot summer etc.

please make the main thing the main thing. Go out and ride more.

I know I did...ever since the temp. get into the 50s and when it doesn't rain or snow here in St Louis, I had been out riding and enjoying the land coming back to life again, this is a wonderful time of the year.

One bike. One ride at a time.
Well said. I've done the same. I draw the line at today's 38 degrees and rain, but I'm hoping to get 2 hrs in at some point today.

Blue Jays
04-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Excellent post and sentiment, weisan. Thank you! :beer:

Fixed
04-06-2011, 09:25 AM
i am going out right now cheers

d_man16
04-06-2011, 10:25 AM
I completely agree!

Only time I'm happy is when I riding my bike regardless of weather...It's just the start on the sub zero days that slows me up a little :bike:

sc53
04-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Nice hearing from you again, Weisan! We are having similar weather here in VA lately, hot then cold then sunny then raining and windy. But I've been out most weekends for the past month or so and am feeling SO MUCH HAPPIER than I was in january and February! The earth coming to life again, like it does every year, even distracts me from the impending govt shutdown that will cancel my paycheck for a while. GRRRR! But the sun's out today. :bike:

rugbysecondrow
04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Nice hearing from you again, Weisan! We are having similar weather here in VA lately, hot then cold then sunny then raining and windy. But I've been out most weekends for the past month or so and am feeling SO MUCH HAPPIER than I was in january and February! The earth coming to life again, like it does every year, even distracts me from the impending govt shutdown that will cancel my paycheck for a while. GRRRR! But the sun's out today. :bike:

If the gov't shuts down, we should have a daytime forum ride culminating in outdoor cocktails.
:beer:

sc53
04-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Rugby, bring all your Bedfords to make it a real festivity! I'm up for such a ride.

rugbysecondrow
04-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Rugby, bring all your Bedfords to make it a real festivity! I'm up for such a ride.

Cool. I might have to strap blocks to your shoes for you to ride them, but we can make it work. After a few drinks, problems like these are easily solved. :)

:beer:

93legendti
04-06-2011, 11:46 AM
It's pouring now and 38 degrees. :crap: I think Weisan jinxed my ride. :D :D

ahumblecycler
04-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Pull out your rain cape and embrocation ... you'll make it through!

tlarwa
04-06-2011, 12:59 PM
If I had to wait to ride until the temp got inthe 50's here in WI I'd never get on the road (or so it seems). 22 and windy is a bit tough, but you quickly forget how miserable you were once the ride is under your belt...

Tom

93legendti
04-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Pull out your rain cape and embrocation ... you'll make it through!
I've ridden in the pouring rain and it sucks-I did a fall century out of state and it was 55 degrees. I've ridden on single digit temp days in winter more times than I can count. I've ridden in snow storms. I got caught out on Hoosier Pass in a hail storm. I've ridden below sea level when it was 100 degrees.
Sub 40 and pouring rain? No thanks.
Luckily, it doesn't rain that often in Michigan.

sg8357
04-06-2011, 01:27 PM
P-R is this weekend, I going to ride thru some potholes.

According to the CONI book, what gear are we supposed to be riding ?

PanTerra
04-06-2011, 01:33 PM
We were complaining about riding in the rain, while in France, but then I said, "sure it's drizzling, but we're on our bikes, IN THE FRENCH ALPS!! How bad can it be?!"

ahumblecycler
04-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Commuted to work today even though severe thunderstorm watch for the afternoon with chance of hail ... is it wrong to wish for quarter size over pea size hail? The quarter size hail should bounce off my helmet while the pea size will surely go through my vents.

I like riding in the rain but then again I am :banana: