PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Vintage F Moser Road Bike

chuckroast
04-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Iím not sure this will appeal to folks on the board but I thought Iíd post here before going to CL.

This is an F. Moser from the early to mid 80ís (friction shifters). I bought it in 2006 and itís been a Saturday Morning coffee shop rider since then.

Itís 56CM square, with an 11CM head tube. The frame is Columbus Aelle, lugged and with a chrome fork. The head tube lugs, seat stays, bottom bracket and the fork tops are pantographed (see photos). BUT, pay close attention to the photo of the top tube. On the drive side, just below the Moser signature decal, are some surface rust spots. I used steel wool to take them back to bare metal and clear coated them to prevent further damage.

Components are mixed. The downtube shifters and derailleurs are Campy, but I donít see a group name. The brake calipers and levers are Gipiemme, as is the crankset, chainrings and seatpost. The stem is a pantographed ITM. The wheels are vintage MA40ís on Record hubs (6 cogs on the freewheel). The saddle is a Selle Flite with titanium rails (but the leather is well worn). The pedals are vintage Look R5.1, you can have them if you like.

Why am I selling? Itís mission has been taken over by a CSI I found back in February and thereís not enough time to ride them all.

How about $250 plus shipping from 64133? Photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29925398@N03/sets/72157626435399564/

ultraman6970
04-05-2011, 07:21 PM
pmed

Just in case for the people looking at this bike, the OP says the front tube is 11 cm in length (11 is too short for a front tube, 56 frames front tube are around 13 to 15 top to bottom). Looks like he meant the length of the front tube between the top tube and the down tube is 11 cm. That leads to a 58 c2t frame just in case.

Hope it finds a good home, frame too big for me as usual haha :D

ultraman6970
04-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Darn! this bike stopped the forum completely, everybody checking prices or something? THe bike for that price is ok. Gipiemme stuff was not bad, not campy but was not bad. Many newcomers for do not even know the brand.

Fixed
04-05-2011, 07:59 PM
i like it very much i am tempted (those look like record d.t. shifters to my eyes )
but i don't need F. Moser hanging on hooks in the front porch right next to e. merckx
cheers

thendenjeck
04-05-2011, 08:12 PM
pm sent.