PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Smiley

Ahneida Ride
04-05-2011, 06:39 PM
In late January, I took a road trip to DC to see Mr. Smiley ...
He graciously offered to fit me for my new Bedford.

Smiley made 4 changes to my Legend to emulate my new Bedford.

Adjusted my Saddle position.
Butchered my Brooks Saddle.
Moved my cleat position.
Installed new stem.

I was rather apprehensive. That is a lot of messing around !!!
The weather was brutal so there was not way I could evaluate
Smiley's efforts.

Well, Yesterday was my Maiden Voyage for the season and I gotta
say, Smiley mailed it. My first 2 miles was up one of the worse hills
around! Wow !

I shoulda have never even doubted Mr. Smiley. Handlebar height is
perfect. Saddle feels like new and the cleat repositioning generates
significantly more uphill power.

Thanks Smiley .... I owe ya on this one. Really do ! :beer:

rugbysecondrow
04-05-2011, 06:46 PM
I was there for part of the fitting with my wife and kids (my daughter thinks Mr. Ray is silly and she loves Smiley's house) and Ray's Legend is a nice bike. Glad you are getting full enjoyment out of it. Cant wait to see your new Bedford, it will surely be a beauty. I can't say this enough times, Smiley is fantastic to work with.

BumbleBeeDave
04-05-2011, 07:35 PM
You should also get some of that HandleBra stuff . . . I hear it's pretty nice . . . :D

BBD

tuxbailey
04-05-2011, 09:39 PM
I went for a ride this weekend after Smiley completed my fit last week with the new bar, stem, saddle, etc.

I rode pretty hard over rolling hills and my knees are not hurting, I can keep my head high and not have a sore neck and shoulder blades.

He is also very professional and does a thorough job in following up. I am waiting to get some parts so he can get my rain/commuter bike adjusted as well.

It was a pleasure working with him through the whole process.

Keith A
04-05-2011, 09:45 PM
<snip>
Well, Yesterday was my Maiden Voyage for the season and I gotta say, Smiley mailed it. My first 2 miles was up one of the worse hills around!
Wow !
<snip>I just have to ask, where did Smiley mail it to :D

Smiley
04-06-2011, 05:57 AM
I was thinking the same thing too :)

Working to help Ray Man was a challenge since I only got to see him one time so I needed to do alot of changes right away because Ray does not live close to me. This fit was important since Ray will be baseing his new fit for a new Kelly Bedford Build. It was nice having Kelly present so he could see what challenges he will need to deal with on Ray's new bike design.

BTW this was a small token of thanks I could do for Ray Man for all the Sex Wrap he has sent my way :banana:

Ray, U goin spill the bean's on your new build....a childhood dream bike U have been lusting for. A mock up Schwinn String Ray with a banana seat :)

William
04-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Can't wait to see it Unca Ray!! Besides the "sex wrap" and "nips" utterings, I hear that Smiley character knows his shizzle! :D ;)

William

PS: Got your message pal! :cool: