PDA

View Full Version : dare I ask? Recumbent trike?

eddief
06-03-2005, 05:50 PM
My boss cruised into work today on Trice Recumbent Trike. He used to be quite the rider of "normal" bikes til he tweaked his back. So this is his solution to staying active. I gotta say this was a very interestingly put together cruising machine.

If not too timid to admit it, do any of you have experience/opinions about the exercise/fun factor available via triking? I've tried the two wheel bent, but there's still the three wheel version.

Lifelover
06-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I've ridden a few times with a girl that was on a home made version (very nicely done) and she can fly. It corners oddly but she doesn't seem to have any problems. She rides it a nd a standard bike but perfers the trike.

BarryG
06-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Eddie, I've ridden at various times a Trice Micro, Greenspeed, WizWheelz, Stein, as well as briefly owning a Windcheetah. In the end, I decided that having my head about the same height as a hubcap was not my thing. On a bike trail, they're a blast. But I don't think they mix well with cars due to the visibility factor and their extra width on whatever shoulder there is on the roadside.

Barry