PDA

View Full Version : OT PSA: Kosher Coke now available

goonster
04-05-2011, 12:20 PM
I drink very little soda, but there are times when nothing hits the spot after, or during, a bike ride like a properly chilled Coca-Cola. Jobst Brandt, venerable cycling pundit, prefers Coke over all means of refreshment on his long rides.

Anyway, if you don't like high-fructose corn syrup, and miss the clean, crisp bite that this beverage had in your youth (or outside the U.S.), then this is a happy time because kosher-for-Passover Coke is now available at a store near you. Maybe. Look for 2-liter bottles with the yellow cap:

http://jrf.org/files/images/kosher-coke-bymarkanbinder.jpg

(Yes, I know we can get Mexican Coke all over the place, but this is more special, and locally filled plastic bottle have a lower carbon footprint than imported glass bottles trucked in from down south, so there.)

fiamme red
04-05-2011, 12:28 PM
(Yes, I know we can get Mexican Coke all over the place, but this is more special, and locally filled plastic bottle have a lower carbon footprint than imported glass bottles trucked in from down south, so there.)But note that since the Kosher-for-Passover Coke comes in plastic PET bottles, not glass bottles, you can't hoard it for all year. It will go flat in a couple of months or so.

goonster
04-05-2011, 12:33 PM
I have never had a carbonated beverage go flat in a PET bottle, but I will hoard one of these 'til next year. Y'know, for science.

Anyway, as a homebrewer I have the equipment to carbonate beverages under a precisely controlled CO2 blanket . . .

Scott Shire
04-05-2011, 12:36 PM
The mexican coke carbonation is off atmo

I'm shocked that with the apparent success of the Pepsi/Dr. P/Mt. Dew throwback line that Coke - the kings of marketing nostalgia - haven't jumped on board.

But I will be skipping the Manischewitz Blackberry and drinking the kosher coke all season long!

ergott
04-05-2011, 01:47 PM
L'chaim!

and your welcome;-)

rice rocket
04-05-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm shocked that with the apparent success of the Pepsi/Dr. P/Mt. Dew throwback line that Coke - the kings of marketing nostalgia - haven't jumped on board.

They do some throwback stuff; they still sell glass bottles all year round in some stores, which have no HFCS as well.