PDA

View Full Version : Forum Jersey FINAL VOTING POLL

BumbleBeeDave
04-04-2011, 07:36 PM
UPDATE: I have a killer weekend over at Battenkill and no real block of time to do vendor research anyway, so I am going to leave this poll open until Monday evening, April 11.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As promised, I've added up the votes as best I can, taking into account everyone who wanted to change their vote. The top three vote-getters are . . .

RED: 53 votes
BLACK-WHITE-SILVER: 29 votes
BLUE: 27 votes

Please vote in this final poll for color choices. The poll is set up so you can only vote ONCE. So consider your choice carefully because I am NOT going to accept any 'change my vote" requests. I will give what I feel to be adequate warning before the poll is closed. Right now I'm aiming to leave it up till Thursday night.

After that, the next step will be getting a total number of people who definitely want to buy the winner, then finding the vendor who has the best combo of price and quality. Suggestions for vendors in the other thread were all over the map, so I will have to do some research.

Various custom vendors have different minimums that are necessary before you can get additional items, i.e., bibs, vests, arm-warmers, etc. I can't go any further on sourcing until I know how many people are serious enough to lay money down AND possibly send in deposits in advance.

So . . . VOTE!

Thank you.

BBD

akelman
04-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Eh, they're all good looking, but not so good looking that they'll make me any less ugly, I'm guessing.

Fixed
04-04-2011, 07:45 PM
i'll buy whatever the vote is for
thanks dave you are doing a great job i know it is a lot of work
cheers

Bruce K
04-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Eenie, meenie, minie, moe......

:rolleyes:

Hard to choose between Black-Gray-Silver and Red..... :crap:

BK

Elefantino
04-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Dave, even though you have given the short shrift to pink ( :crap: ) I think you've done a great job herding us cats.

I am buying some Walmart red socks, just in case.

AngryScientist
04-04-2011, 08:16 PM
thanks to fixed and mrs fixed for the design work and dave for working on the details (and anyone else who's involved).

they do all look great. good work all. :hello:

Tom Byrnes
04-05-2011, 11:13 AM
i'll buy whatever the vote is for
thanks dave you are doing a great job i know it is a lot of work
cheers

I agree with Fixed.

Thanks, Dave.

PaMtbRider
04-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks for all the work Dave. I am really hoping for the black-white-silver because it will go so well with my white Ottrott. I like the design enough that I will order whatever color the forum decides on.

sc53
04-05-2011, 02:34 PM
If it's not offered in women's sizes, I ain't buyin'!! I've had enough of trying to fit into men's bike jerseys--not pretty. Large enough for boobs = long enough to hang over my a$$!!

1happygirl
04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
I agree with Fixed.

Thanks, Dave.

Ditto the sentiments expressed earlier. Thanks.

Up late last night. GH does have some good looking stuff.

BumbleBeeDave
04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
If it's not offered in women's sizes, I ain't buyin'!! I've had enough of trying to fit into men's bike jerseys--not pretty. Large enough for boobs = long enough to hang over my a$$!!

. . . but I will definitely keep this in mind when I do.

Are there any vendors in particular that are known for carrying women's sizes?

BBD

Bruce K
04-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Dave;

Most quality vendors do women's sizing. The question is which ones let you mix men's and women's jerseys towards order minimum quantities.

Some vendors allow it and some don't.

We probably need to find out a ballpark of how many women are interested in this kit to help with the decision process. If mxing is OK there are no issues. If not we need to see what minimums we are up against to see if we can accomodate our female members.

BK

1happygirl
04-05-2011, 08:03 PM
As one girl, I can do a dude. WAIT that didn't sound right. What I'm meaning to say is it doesn't have to be specific. In my case, I have been wearing guys duds so long that I am accustomed to them (in cycling clothes). As a matter of fact in a lot of sports clothes (don't know about cycling stuff), but usually women's stuff is not specific anyway-it is just men's stuff cut down. I would rather have, and pay for, quality.

Bottom line, I'm cool either way. As an aside, last night my non-sleeping self checked out clothiers I had never heard of outside of this site. I knew of some of them, but not all. HINCAPIE looks like good stuff. Does Rapha do custom (just messing with you) ? Have never held a piece of their expensive stuff and don't know it that is just hype or its really quality. I guess that's another whole thread though.

Come on white, silver, black!!! :hello:

BumbleBeeDave
04-05-2011, 08:08 PM
As one girl, I can do a dude. WAIT that didn't sound right. . . .

I always wondered why you were so happy! :rolleyes:

I have a closet full of stuff and I really like the Hincapie that I have. The bibs are really nice and the attention to detail on all the clothing I have (jerseys, bibs, and jacket) is top notch.

I also have some Verge stuff I really like.

Bruce, any assistance you can offer based on your experience handling jerseys last time around is much appreciated!

BBD

thwart
04-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Another vote for Hincapie/Gray-white-black... and for BBD for moderator of the year. ;)

Bruce K
04-06-2011, 04:39 AM
If people are willing to spend for it, Hincapie is really good stuff.

A simple phone call to them will clarify their policy on "mixing" styles (mens, womens, club cut, race cut, etc.).

I believe Verge mixes towards minimums.

BBD, let's talk over the weekend or next week. My schedule is a mess through Friday.

BK

jr59
04-06-2011, 05:06 AM
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU! For all of you that have worked on this, and are working on this. Bumble bee Dave, Bruce, Mr&Mrs fixed.

We on this forum, owe you our thanks!

:hello:

Now hurry up! :p

sc53
04-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes Dave and Fixed (and Mrs. Fixed), thanks for everything! If I'm the only gal that's interested and needs FEMALE sizing, don't worry about it. I already have two Ramble jerseys anyway.

Charles M
04-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Easy.

One of these goes with everything.

Thanks Dave

chuckroast
04-06-2011, 07:00 PM
The poll is quite a horse race. Might need a recount :p

1happygirl
04-06-2011, 07:51 PM
I have a closet full of stuff and I really like the Hincapie that I have. The bibs are really nice and the attention to detail on all the clothing I have (jerseys, bibs, and jacket) is top notch.

I also have some Verge stuff I really like.
BBD
hahahahahahahah. Have fun at Battenkill this weekend. I had never heard of Verge, but looked em up. Elite model looks good with club, racer, inset, women's & all kinds of cuts. Since I have never worn them idk but I know Hincapie's good.

come on guys the wbs will match my stuff (and yours too) it goes with everything.

Elefantino
04-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Black-white doesn't have 50 percent ... does it go to a runoff? If so, the blue-white people are the swing voters and hold the real power.

Hold out for extra twizzlers.

Louis
04-06-2011, 09:41 PM
We need better polling. Pre-election prognostications said that Red was going to run away with it.

Something is fishy here.

BumbleBeeDave
04-07-2011, 07:24 AM
. . . and there will not be a run-off. If you have already voted and have a favorite you would like to recommend to "your" voting block who have not voted, then feel free to go out and hold rallies, put up lawn signs, etc.

But also keep in mind this is meant to be a vote among people who actually seriously want to BUY one of these things! :D

BBD

jr59
04-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Black-white doesn't have 50 percent ... does it go to a runoff? If so, the blue-white people are the swing voters and hold the real power.

Hold out for extra twizzlers.

well done! :hello:

PanTerra
04-07-2011, 07:36 AM
What? No banana?

dekindy
04-07-2011, 08:48 AM
. . . and there will not be a run-off. If you have already voted and have a favorite you would like to recommend to "your" voting block who have not voted, then feel free to go out and hold rallies, put up lawn signs, etc.

But also keep in mind this is meant to be a vote among people who actually seriously want to BUY one of these things! :D

BBD

Now you tell me! :rolleyes:

Elefantino
04-07-2011, 09:05 AM

BumbleBeeDave
04-07-2011, 11:03 AM

That IS a pic of you, right? :p

BBD

legacysti888
04-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I love the black-white-silver combo the bestestest....

skipper
04-08-2011, 06:52 PM
I like the red even though the blue will go nice with my new Serotta.
@ Dave, See you at Battenkill this weekend. I am driving pace car!
Skip

BumbleBeeDave
04-08-2011, 07:29 PM
I like the red even though the blue will go nice with my new Serotta.
@ Dave, See you at Battenkill this weekend. I am driving pace car!
Skip

Are you JT? He said HE is driving the pace car?!?!

I'm here now and found out after I got here the finish line is even with my ex-girlfriend's driveway! I'm staying with her and I could shoot the whole race without leaving her front porch!

BBD

skipper
04-08-2011, 09:17 PM
. . . but I will definitely keep this in mind when I do.

Are there any vendors in particular that are known for carrying women's sizes?

BBD

Dave
We have used Champion for the Mohawk Hudson Cycling Club (MHCC)jerseys. They have very good quality, men's and woman's sizes, race and club cuts. Order minimum is 10 pieces, all one style, cost for 2011 is $ 47 /piece for short sleeve full zip. They do run one size small. I normally wear a medium race cut and had to get a large race cut. They also offer long sleeve and sleeveless. For example, if you ordered ten short sleeve, you could also order 3 woman's sleeveless as well. The woman who have ordered them like the fit and the non elastic bottom.

Skip

skipper
04-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Are you JT? He said HE is driving the pace car?!?!

I'm here now and found out after I got here the finish line is even with my ex-girlfriend's driveway! I'm staying with her and I could shoot the whole race without leaving her front porch!

BBD

I am driving a pace car for the Sunday morning race, not the pro race, unfortunately. You are staying with your EX girlfriend!

Louis
04-08-2011, 10:42 PM
the finish line is even with my ex-girlfriend's driveway! I'm staying with her...

Danger, Will Robinson, DANGER !!! (waves arms in silly manner)

Elefantino
04-09-2011, 11:02 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZT01xeO3Ex4/TPoxd5POjCI/AAAAAAAAEKc/uJM4RXY8qMs/s1600/end.jpg

BumbleBeeDave
04-09-2011, 04:31 PM
She's just letting us use her house!

The finish line for the race is a line even with her driveway--seriously!

BBD