PDA

View Full Version : Forumite encounters on the road

rwsaunders
04-03-2011, 12:11 PM
We were riding today on the last downhill segment of our ride, en route to the coffee shop, and a young gent on a good looking, competition red-to-yellow fade Colorado II pulled up beside me.

Of course I commented on the nice bike and we chatted a bit. He was headed home as well but lives on the other side of the river. I inquired if he was a member of the Forum and of course, he is. Small world indeed.

Any other encounters out there?

djg
04-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah, but no real stories to tell. I've definitely met some good folks through the board -- znfndl, fly, tootall, smiley, and others . . . and a bunch at the Nottrot thing that smiley and his wife were kind enough to host a few years back. Out on the road, though? A couple of hi-hello type deals over the years, but that's about it I think.

rice rocket
04-03-2011, 01:07 PM
We were riding today on the last downhill segment of our ride, en route to the coffee shop, and a young gent on a good looking, competition red-to-yellow fade Colorado II pulled up beside me.

Of course I commented on the nice bike and we chatted a bit. He was headed home as well but lives on the other side of the river. I inquired if he was a member of the Forum and of course, he is. Small world indeed.

Any other encounters out there?

At Tazza D'Oro?

I've seen someone on a Serotta around Pittsburgh, it was white I believe?

I'm usually out on my fat tubed krabon fibre Litespeed, so I don't really stand out...although I've never seen another one around.

rugbysecondrow
04-03-2011, 05:27 PM
No chance encounters, but I have ridden with quite a few forum folks, maybe 15 or so, and have met quite a few others.

Good people all around.

Cheers,

Paul

Bruce K
04-03-2011, 06:53 PM
I have encountered a bunch of forum folks over the years both at events and by chance.

Haven't met a bad one yet. ;)

:banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

rwsaunders
04-03-2011, 08:09 PM
At Tazza D'Oro?

I've seen someone on a Serotta around Pittsburgh, it was white I believe?

I'm usually out on my fat tubed krabon fibre Litespeed, so I don't really stand out...although I've never seen another one around.

Coffee Tree in Fox Chapel Plaza...I'm on a competition red Legend. If you ride in the Fox Chapel area, we'll cross paths...I'll keep my eye out for you.