PDA

View Full Version : I need some help - Serotta Anoyomous Group?

Spinsistah
06-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Hi there,

I seriously need some help. According to the people I ride with. :)

I just purchased my third Serotta frame on eBay - a 59cm 2002 Ottrott. I started riding in 2003 on a Specialized Sequoia, a "comfort bike" and quickly moved to a Serotta Fierte, then to a Coeur D'Acier (now known as a CDA, liked the French better). NOW, I'm getting the Ottrott. Half the people I ride with have no idea what this is, wait, just wait til they see this glorious frame built up. I need a triple for big hills, so I have Ultegra 10 speed triple (wish the DA 10 speed triple could be had, sorry Campy guys, but I'm committed to Shimano with wheels, cassettes, etc.), Ksyrium SSC SL TDF wheelset, Ritchey WCS stem and bars, Chris King headset (giving some thought to the ti version, I have silver now), Reynolds F2 fork, Easton EC90 seatpost, Terry saddle.

Thought I'd post on the forum so I could chat with some other Serotta fanatics - we're good people, don't you know?? :)

Keep the rubber side down boys. :)

pale scotsman
06-02-2005, 04:29 PM
The pale one thinks you'll need help only when you personally have more than 10 Serottas. Until then you're ok in my book. :)

vaxn8r
06-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Great! We'll be expecting photos soon.

weisan
06-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Spinsistah-pal, what you just described it's perfectly normal and acceptable behavior in the Serotta land. In fact, sometimes that could be the minimum requirement for new entrants to this forum. Just ask Kevan, as long as we know him, he's been trying to buy his way into the esteemed family with this ugly-looking serotta bike: http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3839&stc=1
:rolleyes:

We told him "no deal"...not until he re-paint the bike and denounce his former sinful ways by publicly defacing his Calfee. :D

weisan

Big Dan
06-02-2005, 04:38 PM
We all could use a little help....... :D

btw the early 90's Serotta with the funky fades rule........
I have an Emerald /Onyx fade that still kicks........... :cool:

Send help please............. :bike:

Spinsistah
06-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah, that is one ugly bike. :)) But then I'm not the "bike police." Maybe we should all chip in to get it painted for him. Can we just burn the Calfee, won't carbon fiber melt if submitted to high temperature? Just kiddng Kevan, Calfee builds a nice bike. I will submit a picture of the Ottott when I build it.

Sandy
06-02-2005, 06:20 PM
If you think that Kevan's bike is ugly, you should get a look at...... :)

Kevan's Best Bud,

Sandy

Chief
06-02-2005, 06:40 PM
The description of your Ottrott sounds just like mine--same year, size and components except mine has a Dura Ace 9-speed triple. I also got my on Ebay and now have over 22,000 miles on it. A really great ride! I am confident that you will surely enjoy it.

BumbleBeeDave
06-02-2005, 08:47 PM
You sound perfectly sane to me, and with impeccable taste to boot.

(Oh . .. here’s a pic. Guess she HAS posted a pic of her new bike after all. Let’s see, scroll down and--Ack. Urg. Ga-Ga-Gaaaah!!! Oh! Oh, My Gawd, I’m BLIND! . . . SAN-DEEEEEE!!!! Kevan’s done it to me AGAIN!!! ;) )

BBDave

Kevan
06-03-2005, 06:50 AM
I come to work fire up the ol' tube and get my morning fix, on a Friday yet, and I see here... me and my bike have been butterflied and made ready for grillin'.

It's just a good thing Outer Limits, who is standing right behind me this very moment, so speak softly, is looking the other way.

I agree though, I owe her a better photo than the one our esteemed Jeff Weir took just outside his photo studio. Great photographer, just not of pink bikes.

Outer Limits is a dream bike. A little heavy, and a G-damned billboard, but the smiles I get, and disbelief I see on the faces of serious roadies I pass out there is worth all the pink nail polish I need to heal her chips.

The project for this weekend is an upgraded photo. And when I post her, you'll all wanna return YOUR bikes for a paint job like hers.

So eat my PINK!

Spinsistah
06-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi Kevan,

I saw a Serotta with a similar glow-in-the-dark paint job at a crit Wednesday nite and the rider was blowing the other guys away. Good things come in bright packages. :)

Spinsistah

Sandy
06-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Just what is going on here, Spinsistah??? Just what is going on here??? "Hi Kevan", "good things come in bright packages". Are you trying to move in on MY Kevan? Are you my competition? Bring it on Spinsistah!!!! :) :)

Dull Sandy

Spinsistah
06-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Competition? Naw, I'm just a good ole girl from the Midwest makin' some new pals. Don't get your feathers ruffled, Sandy. :) :) :)

William
06-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Competition? Naw, I'm just a good ole girl from the Midwest makin' some new pals. Don't get your feathers ruffled, Sandy. :) :) :)

Just post a picture of a puppy and Sandy will calm right down. Works every time. ;)

William :)

Kevan
06-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Spinsistah has better looking legs.

But then... everyone here has better looking legs than you.

Da trute hoits.

Sandy
06-03-2005, 12:14 PM
I just read that your name is Stephanie. Stephanie, Spinsistah, Serotta, Sandy,... are all S words. S words are beautiful. So we can Share Kevan. He isn't THAT good anyway. :) :)

Sharing,

Serotta Spinsistah & Serotta Sandy

BumbleBeeDave
06-03-2005, 12:23 PM
. . . but I hear that's what Sandy does best, anyway! :rolleyes:

BBDave

William
06-03-2005, 12:26 PM
. . . but I hear that's what Sandy does best, anyway! :rolleyes:

BBDave

BTW, Who is don hill? :confused: (That's Better BBD ;) )

William :p ;)

Kevan
06-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Did Serotta warn you about Sandy when you were applying for access to this forum?

Don't worry none, he's only scary when he's runnin' nek'd through the woods chasing people. But that's a story for another day.

spiderman
06-03-2005, 01:33 PM
and highly recommended serotta evolution...
...now if i could get some help for my wife
to see it that same way
and follow suit...
i really want to get her a legend st or ottrott...
...but she loves the feel of steel in her crl...
and can't be moved!

Spinsistah
06-03-2005, 02:09 PM
I can post pictures of puppies if someone can tell me how to attach pictures to the forum posts. I do Shih Tzu rescue, have four of my own. Sandy, it's another "S" word too. :)

Stephanie, aka Spinsistah, Sharing Kevan with Serotta Sandy

97CSI
06-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Can we just burn the Calfee, won't carbon fiber melt if submitted to high temperature?Good carbon fiber is made by submitting its precursor materials (petrochem base) to temperatures in excess of 2500 degrees C to burnoff the impurities and promote the reorientation of the C atoms into a carbon ring. But, of course, with plenty of oxygen in the 'fire' you can get it to oxidize (burn) and go away as CO and CO2, etc.

Ozz
06-03-2005, 04:58 PM
my goodness....it only took her 11 posts to get sucked into Sandy's web.....stephspinsis is going to fit in just fine :beer:

Sandy
06-03-2005, 07:33 PM
I think that Stephanie aka Spinsistah aka Stephspinsis will make a fine Spider Lady. She has just started posting and she already has 4 names. :)

Spider Man

Spinsistah
06-04-2005, 03:31 PM
It's nice to be part of the gang! :)

Stephanie aka Spinsistah aka Stephspinsis aka Spider Lady

Kevan
06-04-2005, 05:48 PM
we're the guys your mother warned you about. Never mind the fact we've lost all our teeth and can only make a mad dashs for our refrigerators.

Otherwise, we're dangerous.

Aren't we Sandy???

Anyone know if he's up from his nap yet?

Sandy
06-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Frogs have teeth?? :)

Sandy

Spinsistah
06-05-2005, 12:24 PM
This group reminds me of the guys I ride with on a regular basis. Great personalities, dry humor, and just plain silly at times. They're my best friends. All cyclists are good people, but those of us that ride Serottas are outstanding (not in a field). Nothing scary here!

Sandy, the "S" thing gets better.............or maybe sicker........

Stephanie aka Spinsistah aka Stephspinsis aka Spider Woman's first bike was a Silver Specialized Sequoia named Stella. I have yet to have named another bike , so you can breath a sigh of relief - for now. LOL!

Sandy
06-05-2005, 12:32 PM
When I become king of the world and control all of its inhabitants and have all of the wordly possessions that exist, would you like to be Queen of the world?

Please don't tell my wife about this offer, for if you do, you will never be Queen, and I will not be able to totally dominate the world as I please. I will be in a world of trouble. :)

Soverign Sandy

Spinsistah
06-05-2005, 07:42 PM
I would be honored. :)

My lips are sealed (please note, another "s" word), for a world of trouble is not the world in which I would like to live either.

My SO already thinks I'm a little wacked for having a Serotta and accumulating more, this wouldn't faze him at all. But then, he rides Pinarello and Cannondale. That explains alot!

Ginger
06-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Sheesh Sandy,
Turn my back and you're making time with the other ladies on the board!

Silly Sandy

Welcome Sistah

Ginger

Sandy
06-05-2005, 10:21 PM
It is purely a letter problem. Change your name from Ginger to Singer and you and I can sing love songs to each other all night long! :)

Sexy Suave Sandy Singing Singer Sexy Sultry Serotta Songs

Doc Austin
06-05-2005, 11:38 PM
I participate on alot of motorsports forums and even on the biggest ones I don't see half the action this bicycle forum does. You guys are truely cyclepsychopaths, which is a good thing.

Cycling is my way if staying fit, though I really wish I were more dedicated. I recently found out I am almost a type 2 diabetic, which explains in part why I was suffering from so much fatigue and didn't want to ride very much. Since I could probably eat a whole chocolate cake every meal of the day and never get tired of it, it's little wonder I have screwed up my pancreas (I used google to check and that is spelled right, but it looks horribly wrong).
I can control this with diet, and while I terribly miss real chocolate, I feel absolutely wonderful. The weight is just falling off of me, which, believe me, is also a good thing.

This is coupled with a friend who is a chiropractor looking after me. He said he has never seen vertebrea so out of whack unless they were broken. I was a stupid daredevil of a little kid, and even a young adult, and I really messed myself up. He almost has me completely squared away, so I'm ready for a big summer of riding.

Anyway, I am glad to see so many people enthusiastic about their sport. Motorsports fans are grumpy and always want to fight on the net, but having everyone here on the same page and supporting each other to be the best they can be is very refreshing for me. I don't think I have as much to contribute here as I'de like, but I'll keep trying.

BumbleBeeDave
06-06-2005, 06:40 AM
. . . missing an opportunity here? I think Cincy is a tidy one day drive from here! ;)

BBDave

Kevan
06-06-2005, 06:47 AM
That's a joke, right?

Course, that would explain why the pugs have been howling every evening...

Sandy
06-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Just get plugs for the pugs.

In your case, get a new mug before you are mugged. :)

Softly Singing Sweet Songs,

Solo Singing Sandy

Spinsistah
06-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the welcome, it's good to be here. Feels like home already.

Stephanie aka Spinsistah aka Stephspinsis aka Spider woman aka Sandy's queen of the other world :)