PDA

View Full Version : Paniccia sentencing in Albany, NY, cycling death

BumbleBeeDave
06-01-2005, 10:07 AM
On Monday, June 6th at 10:30 a.m. in Saratoga County Court (Ballston Spa), Joshua Paniccia will be sentenced to a state prison term for the criminally negligent homicide of David Ryan, almost a year after Paniccia ran down Ryan while driving at over 80mph on Riverview Road in Clifton Park, NY.

As of this time, it's expected that Paniccia will receive a term of 1 year in prison, and then receive youthful offender status, which means the felony conviction will be stricken from his record. Also at this sentencing hearing, Ryan's family--over from England for the event--and friends will have the opportunity to make statements.

BBDave

pjm
06-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Yeah, they've been waiting for him to finish up his semester at school. They don't want to disrupt his life too much. Poor kid. :crap:

Bruce K
06-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Would this be considered a sabbatical from college to gain "life experience"?

BK

William
06-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah, they've been waiting for him to finish up his semester at school. They don't want to disrupt his life too much. Poor kid. :crap:

C'mon, You don't want to mess up his life for one mistake...I mean two...no wait, three mistakes do you? :confused: He has his whole life ahead of him.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:crap: :crap:
Unfortunatly the gentleman he hit does not. Some things are soooo screwed up. :crap:

William

Ahneida Ride
06-01-2005, 11:13 AM
The gentleman that he killed, was also a brilliant scientist. He was developing
next generation medical imaging technology.

Many more were executed then just David.

I hope alll that can show up in court. I'll be there.

flydhest
06-01-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm with you in spirit Ahneida.

I'm at a loss. One year, no record for taking a life.