PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from Rome, Italy?

tsarpepe
03-25-2011, 12:37 PM
I will be spending next year in Rome and am thinking how to get myself furnished with a bike while I am there. One option, of course, is to have one of my bikes shipped overseas. Another is to find something "on the ground." I just don't really know what I will find "on the ground." The shipping is a hassle that I would prefer to avoid, but...

Is anyone here familiar with the used bike market in Rome? Even if you are not from there, please, feel free to chime in with advice. It will be appreciated.

dave thompson
03-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Advice: don't ride in Rome. Traffic is stone nuts.

A year eh? I hate you! :D

vsefiream
03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
I'll be in Rome sometime next month. I have a trainnig class in Brixen and family east of Rome in Celano. Going to try and fit it all in again.
I will keep my eyes open and look around, funny thing is I don't speak any Italian and my mom was born and raised there... :crap:

ciclisto
03-29-2011, 08:50 PM
if going for a whole year I think it would be cost effective to use your own bike, and much more enjoyable also. Otherwise you may be buying and selling and having a less than acceptable ride... you only live once and maybe only once in ROME!!

ultraman6970
03-29-2011, 09:04 PM
funny thing is I don't speak any Italian and my mom was born and raised there... :crap:

That's not weird at all. 3rd generations usually don't speak the original tongue if not english. Not reason for it.

Ken Robb
03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Buy a Ducati when you get there. :beer: