PDA

View Full Version : OT: Spokane town council vs Mayor

William
06-01-2005, 06:01 AM
Hey Dave,

I caught a bit of national news (Just caught the tail end) this morning that briefly talked about a situation between the Spokane city council & the Mayor. Just curious what a residents POV is on the whole matter.

I used to have a bit of family in that area so it caught my ear.

William

dave thompson
06-01-2005, 06:14 AM
Luckily I live in Spokane County, not the city. I say lucky because the politics of the City of Spokane, the City Council and the Mayor is real hick-town stuff and has been for a great many years. If it wasn't so sad, it would be borderline funny.

The Mayor thing is probably more of a dismay to the residents of Spokane. He was the first elected strong Mayor they've had in many years, a former State legislator with some good political palmares. Previously Spokane had a City Manager. West seemed like a guy that could kick-start a stalled political agenda and get things done that for years needed doing.

It's really too bad about the Mayor. This area is one of the best places to live (I've lived all over the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Europe) and surprisingly inexpensive. His stupid personal foibles have brought unnecessary attention and shame to a really nice place.

Sandy
06-01-2005, 06:20 AM
You just hit post 1,000. Did you ever get that 12 cm Ritchey WCS 96 degree stem sent, with its attachment? I am looking for a large package. :)

Still Slick Sandy