PDA

View Full Version : Great Racing clip

alembical
05-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Not to make too much fun of someone else's misfortune, but......... http://www.blennus.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=443&Itemid= . Sometimes it is just too funny not too.

* Clip is of a premature celebration at the end of race.

Alembical

Keith A
05-31-2005, 03:57 PM
So would any of you allowed the guy that crashed to finish the race ahead of you? Or do you take advantage of his misfortune in the last 100 meters of the race?

Tom
05-31-2005, 04:01 PM
If he falls over after the line, help him up. If he falls over before the line one's only obligation is not to run into him.

dirtdigger88
05-31-2005, 04:18 PM
last year I saw a guy who was about 1/2 a lap ahead of the entire field going into the last lap. He started celabrating his win with fists in the air and deep yells- the only problem is that it was the bell lap- not the final lap. the entire field blew past him like he was standing still- come to think of it- He was.

Jason

Ken Robb
05-31-2005, 06:22 PM
looks like his next bike should have more trail :banana:

Ray
05-31-2005, 06:29 PM
last year I saw a guy who was about 1/2 a lap ahead of the entire field going into the last lap. He started celabrating his win with fists in the air and deep yells- the only problem is that it was the bell lap- not the final lap. the entire field blew past him like he was standing still- come to think of it- He was.

Jason
That happened in the US Pro about 10 years ago - one of the Italian riders (I don't remember his name) attacked on what he thought was the final lap of the finishing circuit, got a decent little gap, raised his arms in triumph as he crossed the line, and watched the whole field go streaming by him. Talk about dejected.

That clip has convinced me that the next time I'm about to win a race, not to take my hands off the bars. Yeah, that'll be important to remember. Critical. :cool:

-Ray

Ginger
05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Confidence is one thing, arrogance another. I'd only take my hands off the bars if I was sure I'd fall across the line first.

(Not that I have much to worry about...who me? Race?)

Dr. Doofus
05-31-2005, 09:38 PM
looks like he had a huge gap to the field, too....

wet, tired, teenager...

as nice as kids are

you know he never got grief

never

ever

especially becuase it was on tv

TimB
06-01-2005, 06:38 AM
The thing this guy forgot: It ain't over 'til it's over.

Bruce K
06-01-2005, 07:26 AM
There was an saying in motorsports that was attributed to either Roger Penske or Mark Donahue that went: "In order to finish first, you first have to finish."

This guy forgot that.

With contracts based on results, a win could be monumental to the guy who got it because of this dumb move.

It's both funny, and a shame, but it's another one of those "Agony of Defeat" moves.

BK

Fixed
06-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Remember it's easy to fall and hard to win,but I don't know much about racing ,I am just a bike messenger.

William
06-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Tyler??? :confused: :confused:

William :)

Dr. Doofus
06-01-2005, 07:59 AM
kick a guy when he's down, whydoncha

wait

tyler's too low a target for you

(dang little guys)

Bruce K
06-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Cruel William, really cruel.... :no:

BK

graniteracer
06-01-2005, 10:09 AM
This is just like the football players who start celebrating at the 10 yard line only to be tackled or stripped of the ball before they hit the goal line. I have no sympathy for the guy. I am sure that his teamates who probably set him up for the winning move will not be happy campers either.

Bruce Jacobs
06-01-2005, 03:30 PM
from the Leon Lett's School of Sports Tactics

neverraced
06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Didn't this happen to Zabel a little while ago? Not the falling down part, but the premature ecelebration?

Moveitfred
06-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Even with hands on the bars he shouldn't have been riding on those painted lines in the rain (they do get icy slick!), but one tends to forget such technique when the finish line is so close...