PDA

View Full Version : Wachovia/Philadelphia Predictions

sspielman
05-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Any predictions for this sunday's big race in Philadelphia? On paper, it is one of the most competitive fields the race has seen. There is always the question of who is there for training and who is there to race among the Europeans.....and who is on his best form and who is a little "between objectives".....I predict a race similar to last year. The race will be taken by a European pro...and Fred Rodriguez will take the USPRO jersy by finishing second or third. The winner will be from the following list:Nico Mattan,Henk Vogels, Max Van Heeswijk, Roger Hammond, Francisco Ventoso, Lars Michaelsen, Giovanni Lombardi, Alessandro Ballan, Gerrit Glomser, Kjell Carlstrom, Marco Zanotti. There is enough horsepower distributed among strong teams that the race can no longer be driven by two or three teams

saab2000
05-31-2005, 01:25 PM
Freddy Rodriguez, the most underrated American rider in Europe. I hope he gets it.

Climb01742
05-31-2005, 02:44 PM
another vote, sentimentally, for fast freddie. if not ff, then the jerk's pal, nico.

97CSI
05-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Bobby Julich. Would be nice to see him go out on top. He's at the top of his game. And I mean actually 'win' the race. Not just be the highest placed U.S. rider. He has done so well this year that I can't see him not riding next year. But, I don't see it being a repeat of this year, either. Another TdF podium? Who knows. He has been really strong.

saab2000
05-31-2005, 03:06 PM
Is Julich hanging it up? He already won a couple big races this year. I would like to see an American actually win the race.