PDA

View Full Version : ITM 1" quill adapter..Where? good/bad?

Biker Joe
02-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Please help. I have an older Colorado II that I am in the process of rebuilding and was looking into a way to put my threadless stem onto my threaded forks and did a little searching. I came across what appears to be an answer to my problem. Anyone have any experience with these and any pros/cons? Are they very stiff? Will this allow me to put a 1 1/8" threadless stem onto my 1" threaded fork? Are there any other high quality adapters available? And last but not least....Any idea where I can find one?
Thanks in advance.

dave thompson
02-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Any LBS that has a QBP catalog can get you a 'stem column adapter' if they don't have one in stock. They are made by Profile Design, Nitto and Look, and I would assume others.

They work well, they're plenty stiff and will allow you to mount 1", 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" stems, depending on what diameter adapter you buy.

Keith A
02-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Cinelli also makes a quill adapter, but it is just 1" -- so you would need to use a shim. Check out Excel Sports Catalog (http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Quill+Adapter+Post&vendorCode=CINELLI&major=1&minor=22) for more info.

pbbob
02-05-2004, 07:49 PM
I use one. they work well though the end product will look a little bulky.

gt6267a
02-05-2004, 11:18 PM
pbbob klatuu barada nicto

gt6267a I KNOW YOUR DAMN WORDS !

well done, man, well done. i have not seen anyone quoting that great movie in some time!!!!

other favorites that don't come out right in ascii:

"Who wants some? Who wants a little"

"This is my boom stick"

"Give me some sugar baby"

I could go on and on, but i'll stop here.

Elefantino
02-06-2004, 06:16 AM
I use one, a Cinelli, and it's fine. Stiff, no creaks.

You can't use spacers, though, in case you need them. The rise is limited.