PDA

View Full Version : Racing pics

H.Frank Beshear
05-31-2005, 08:56 AM
Monday was the last day for our race weekend. I was a crossing gaurd at the start finish line for the pro womens and pro mens races. Sheri Stedje won her 4th Quad cities championship in a bunch sprint. The men race had a 7 man breakaway early on that no one thought would last. 5 seconds became 15 then 30 Team tactics were working. With two laps to go one of the riders jumped of the front and his teammate slowed down the breakaway group just enough for an easy victory. If you can call a 30mph+ average for 43 laps easy :D . It always amazes me just how fast these riders are, and the ability to maintain that speed. Our local racing team fared well winning the road race in the 3-4-5 catagory on friday and placing in the crits over the weekend. Hope you all had a safe holiday. Enjoy the pictures. Frank

Too Tall
05-31-2005, 09:16 AM
COOL photos Frank. I raced in the (Raleigh, SC) Wake Habitat Road Race this weekend. GREAT weekend for racing, glorious weather and got 4th DOH!! Should won it, local knowledge helps. Oh? Is that the finish line???

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=02YW001E020041&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

csb
05-31-2005, 09:22 AM
thanks _ the fencing around the trash can is cool.

Tony Prioli
06-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Long time friend of mine, I remember her first few times on a road bike. She hung a little longer each week, until she was pulling at the front. It sure helps being married to Dave Stedge. She is a mentor to many around the Tampa Bay area. Glad to see her still winning. Congrats.

Tony Prioli

Fixed
06-01-2005, 07:46 AM
She is the best of the bay.Both of the Stedge's are role models for many riders in the area,I might add that Tony P. falls into that group as well,thanks

H.Frank Beshear
06-01-2005, 10:06 AM
We think of her as a home town girl. She was from the Quad City area originaly. Here she is coming past the line. She's the one with her hands in the air :D Great race. Frank