PDA

View Full Version : 1000th post

texbike
03-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Wow! I have now officially hit my 1000th post on this site. Not a lot by any means (especially given the fact that I joined in 2004).

Questions about a 90s era Serotta Colorado II is what brought me here originally. The fantastic people and their willingness to share thoughts and ideas on all manner of subjects (bikes and non-bikes) is what has kept me coming back on a daily basis. Sure, there have been heated discussions, name-calling, mutinies/defections, mind-less discussions over and over on the same subjects (shimano vs campy, tubies vs clinchers, what color bar tape/cables/tires, etc), but this has been by far one of my most favorite forums.

So, this is just a quick thank you to Serotta for providing the canvas and a deep, heart-felt thank you for all of the members (both past and present) who have given this forum its color.

Happy Riding and Happy Days to all!

Texbike

akelman
03-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Your Campy stuff sucks eggs, your bike looks fugly with that bar tape, your clinchers are an embarrassment, and you're still a jerk for not sending me that Peg. Happy 1000th post!

Mikej
03-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Comic Book Man, "I've wasted my life..."

texbike
03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Comic Book Man, "I've wasted my life..."

EXACTLY! However, what a great bunch of people to waste it with. :)

Texbike

texbike
03-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Your Campy stuff sucks eggs, your bike looks fugly with that bar tape, your clinchers are an embarrassment, and you're still a jerk for not sending me that Peg. Happy 1000th post!

Thanks AK. I'm just "holding" the Peg for you. You're the first in line.

Texbike

godfrey1112000
03-22-2011, 06:35 PM

IT IS GREAT TO HAVE FUN HERE
:beer:

69 DEGREE, NO WIND AND SUNNY IN PHX,

swg
03-22-2011, 09:21 PM
I had the privilege of riding with texbike (err his Peg) on Saturday when our family was visiting the Austin area. Thanks for hooking up with me and hosting a great ride around Austin. At the rate I am going it will be at least 10 years before I hit 1000. He also let me see inside his garage after the ride & there is another Peg with my favorite colors waiting to be built up.