PDA

View Full Version : Indy question...

eddief
05-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know how the money part works? In other words, are teams/drivers paid for laps led or just winning? How far down in the ranks of finishers does the money go? first, second, third, fourth?

Is Danica rich? Such a good name for a race car driver.

Smiley
05-30-2005, 07:39 PM
she's smokin hot :banana:
they showed some of her photo shoot in a racy outfit on the Today show this morning . She won without winning for her team and herself . The sky's the limit for her . Revlon , Kelloggs , McDonalds , they probably are on the phone to her agent as we speak and lets not forget Nike either .

colocraig
05-30-2005, 07:43 PM
I don't have the exact numbers with me now, but all 33 positions pay something - even last is worth a few K$. First place is in the vicinity of 1M$. That said, the prize money to the team doesn't nearly cover the cost of participation, except for the first few positions. However, teams Rayhall and Andretti/Green will be doing quite well with endorsements, appearance fees, etc, etc. Congratulations to them for a job very well done. And, of course, Dannica will have no financial worries at all if she doesn't get hurt - she is VERY marketable on several levels. Get ready for the Wheaties box.

Birddog
05-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Not sure about current pay schemes but there used to be pretty good money for every lap you led the race as well. I kinda quit paying attention when Indyteam took over from CART.

Birddog

dave thompson
05-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Not sure about current pay schemes but there used to be pretty good money for every lap you led the race as well. I kinda quit paying attention when Indyteam took over from CART.

Birddog
I agree, the 500 is far less interesting, overall, since the IRL was formed. This year I think Dannica was the race. Most everything, and everyone paled in comparison.

dave thompson
05-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Does anyone know how the money part works? In other words, are teams/drivers paid for laps led or just winning? How far down in the ranks of finishers does the money go? first, second, third, fourth?

Is Danica rich? Such a good name for a race car driver.
Eddie: The results of the 2005 prize money payouts haven't been announced yet, but here's a link to all years up to '04: http://www.geocities.com/johnsonindy500/indy500/indyprizemoney.html

There is also prize money for the pit crew competitions.