PDA

View Full Version : My experience with Warp9

salem
03-18-2011, 04:50 PM
My apologies if anyone is offended by my endorsement of a competitor (I have no affiliation aside from owning a frame) on Serotta's site, but I figure a good deed deserves recognition.

A few weeks back, I posted here asking people's opinions and comparable experiences with Lynskey's warranty policy in that any claim had to be sent through the original seller, even if, as was going to be the case for me, that meant sending the frame back and forth across the ocean 4 times despite my being only 600 miles from Lynskey themselves. I still say Lynskey is entitled to any policy they wish, and I do credit them with voluntarily disclosing this policy knowing that it could be an issue, but ultimately, it cost them a customer: me. In the end, I decided to look for a pre-owned Ti frame and parlay the significant cost savings against any unlikely repair.

So I started looking on ebay, and learned of Warp9 for the first time by seeing an auction for an unused cross frame which I eventually bought. I received the frame and contacted Warp9 with a couple detail questions, including geometry specs given it appeared to be somewhat custom compared to the numbers on their website. It turns out, they knew exactly the frame; it had been donated by them as a prize for a race series. Not only did Bert from Warp9 reply with complete CAD drawing for the frame, he, without any request from me, said he would consider me the original owner for warranty purposes since the frame was unused!

That is so much more than I would have expected (especially since they donated the frame in the first place) and certainly nothing I would have felt reasonable requesting, so my hat's off to the folks at Warp9. I also like some of the frame's features better than the Lynskey model, so I suppose it's a good thing their policy didn't suit my needs. Alls well that ends well.

gdw
03-18-2011, 05:03 PM
No offense but have you built it up and ridden it? Props without actual testing of the product are premature.

salem
03-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Agreed,
This wasn't so much of a review as a credit to the company and willingness to stand behind a product regardless of the situation. So, consider this a review of the company if not yet the frame. If there's interest, I'll get to that in a month or so once I manage to extract parts from storage.
Good point.